PDA

View Full Version : It's safe to say the team is even more upset than we are

stillers4me
09-08-2013, 03:45 PM
The boo birds were out today for good reason and fans left in droves during the third quarter. And here's the teams reactions:

ALLD
09-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Due to the Steeler's poor performance next week's game has been changed to playing against Allegheny High School. The school is favored by 3.

HollywoodSteel
09-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Oh yeah? If they are more upset than we are let them donate their game checks to the fans that paid to come watch them play. I don't think they are that mad at themselves.

steel9guy
09-08-2013, 04:00 PM
The Defense has a right to be mad because they didn't play horrible. They were on the field the whole game.

X-Terminator
09-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Oh yeah? If they are more upset than we are let them donate their game checks to the fans that paid to come watch them play. I don't think they are that mad at themselves.

Most of these guys are proud players who hate losing. So I have no doubt they are more upset than the fans, and the money they make doesn't matter to them.

st33lersguy
09-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Oh they are upset? They showed some emotion after the game? They surely didn't show any emotion during the game.

HollywoodSteel
09-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Most of these guys are proud players who hate losing. So I have no doubt they are more upset than the fans, and the money they make doesn't matter to them.

I think the money they make matters enough to them not to part with any of it no matter how disgusted with their own performance they claim to be. But I don't actually think they should give their money away (well, maybe Redman and the O-line). I was being a bit over the top. Comparing their anger to ours is silly. I'm sure some of them are more angry than some of us. Fine. What does that mean? That they'll unleash hell for the next 15 games? Doubt it. The O-line isn't going to get any better no matter how angry they get. We don't have a guy on the roster who can really replace Foote as the D signal caller. So, we'll just go ahead and compare their anger to ours again after the next loss I guess. Then we'll all get over it and go on with our lives.

Dwinsgames
09-08-2013, 05:43 PM
somehow I find it hard to believe they are more upset than many of us ....

reason being ..... they have not watched it yet

Master Blaster
09-08-2013, 05:44 PM
somehow I find it hard to believe they are more upset than many of us ....

reason being ..... they have not watched it yet
That's true.

Psycho Ward 86
09-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Oh they are upset? They showed some emotion after the game? They surely didn't show any emotion during the game.

well thats not fair. the defense played great

steeldawg
09-08-2013, 07:42 PM
The boo birds were out today for good reason and fans left in droves during the third quarter. And here's the teams reactions:

Sounds to me like players were just trying to get out of dodge before they had to answer questions about their performance.

Master Blaster
09-08-2013, 07:48 PM
I can't remember if I've ever seen this team so ill prepared to start a season.

BigNastyDefense
09-08-2013, 07:53 PM
The defense has every right to be pissed off. They played damn well and would have probably been even better if they weren't on the field for most of the game.

The offense sucked balls. No run game whatsoever. Ben however, IMHO, played his ass off behind an offensive line that would have played better if you put turnstiles in front of him to block. I don't think he's to blame for this loss, though I am sure plenty disagree with that.

People bitch that Art Rooney listened to the masses and is forcing the Steelers to run more. The Steelers need some semblance of balance in their offense. The offensive line isn't very good, and when you have that issue the offense needs some run game so the defense can't just pin their ears back and rush the QB. It also gives you the play action pass, something that could be a huge weapon of we can make teams fear the run. Hopefully when Bell gets healthy, he can bring a run game to the Steelers.

NCSteeler
09-08-2013, 07:57 PM
I've watched enough football today to now they should be embarrassed . This team is bad. They seem to have plenty of talent but somewhere they lack cohesiveness, coaching, whatever.

Oh jeez, Ryan mundy nearly returning a pick for a TD, a great way to end a crap day

As for Rooney mandating a run game, he can do that all he wants, but if our talent department doesn't do better with early round o line drafting, we will suck suck suck.

st33lersguy
09-08-2013, 09:05 PM
well thats not fair. the defense played great

They played ok, but it could have been better. They didn't make any big plays and they allowed Tennessee to stay on the field and wear them down a little. Plus, Jake Locker is a bottom-tier QB, and their best WR is the disappointing Kenny Britt. Besides, they allowed a no-name RB to break a few tackles to convert a first down on the touchdown drive

SteelerEmpire
09-08-2013, 11:54 PM
This performance was on par when the Ravens blew the team out in the 1st game of the season a year or two ago. If not for the 2 pt debacle at games beginning and the TD scored during garbage time when the Titans knew they had the game locked up, it would have been a shut-out. If not for the ENTIRE AFC NORTH LOSING THIS WEEK, this team would be in big trouble.

Edman
09-10-2013, 08:50 AM
The Defense has every right to be pissed. They played hard, and the Offense continues to let them down.

Not even the 2008 Steelers Defense would be able to stomach Sunday.

Moose
09-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Bull Shit !! I was pretty damn upset and didn't want to talk to anyone either. The only difference was I had to go to work and face other worker's and listen to their smack, where the Steeler's could stay in their little Steeler 'bubble' and be a losing group together at Heinz. So, I think mine was worst ! :( LOL- IMO

steel striker
09-10-2013, 02:49 PM
I'm with most of you guys on this the defense played pretty well especially since they were on the field for most of the game. Offense put them in bad position all day and, they were close in getting some turn overs but, man if the offense does not produce Monday Night it is going to be a very long season. Alcohol sales will be going UP!

ALLD
09-10-2013, 02:53 PM
There goes the perfect 19-0 season!

I am still worried that the Steelers are peaking too early this season.

Psycho Ward 86
09-10-2013, 05:30 PM
They played ok, but it could have been better. They didn't make any big plays and they allowed Tennessee to stay on the field and wear them down a little. Plus, Jake Locker is a bottom-tier QB, and their best WR is the disappointing Kenny Britt. Besides, they allowed a no-name RB to break a few tackles to convert a first down on the touchdown drive

jackie battle? he averaged 2.6 yards a carry. chris johnson didnt do much better (2.8 YPC). i agree with your assessment though. Really, the titans just tried to keep the ball on the ground to negate our pass rush because lets face it, our D-line horribly outmatched the titans O-line. Too bad their defense did even better than ours so they never really had to sling it. As evident by Locker's 20 pass attempts ughh