PDA

View Full Version : Pouncey and Foote Both need Surgery !!

katmandu
09-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Holy crap ! What a NIGHTMARE of a game and to lose both Pouncy and Foote for probably the whole year ! OMG !

There were other significant injuries reported by Tomlin as well. Suisam - Hamstring, Hyphen - ?, Allen - knee ?

Wow! This one ranks as one of the Top 5 worst Steeler games I've ever seen !

- - - Updated - - -

Pouncey has injuries to his MCL and ACL.

Foote ruptured his BICEP !!

- - - Updated - - -

This was most likely Larry Foote's last game as a Steeler and probably for his career. Shiittty way to go out.

HollywoodSteel
09-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Holy crap ! What a NIGHTMARE of a game and to lose both Pouncy and Foote for probably the whole year ! OMG !

There were other significant injuries reported by Tomlin as well. Suisam - Hamstring, Hyphen - ?, Allen - knee ?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

This was most likely Larry Foote's last game as a Steeler and probably for his career. Shiittty way to go out.

Miracle recovery by Spence to replace him? No?

steelerdude15
09-08-2013, 04:04 PM
I really want to know what David was thinking as he took out his own teammate.

st33lersguy
09-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Our one half-decent blocker is gone for the year. Wow!

Psycho Ward 86
09-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Steelers' Maurkice Pouncey, Larry Foote out for year?

The Pittsburgh Steelers got their weekly offensive line injury out of the way early in Sunday's 16-9 loss to the Tennessee Titans.

Three-time Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey was carted off the field in the first quarter after sustaining an apparent right knee injury. Teammate David DeCastro dove on a cut-block attempt, but missed his intended target and drilled Pouncey directly in the back of the leg...

Read more at: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000239894/article/steelers-maurkice-pouncey-larry-foote-out-for-year

salamander
09-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Yeah... it's going to be a long season.

Losing Pouncey is definitely going to hurt the offense (or lack thereof). This may be it for Larry Foote being as old as he is.

Dwinsgames
09-08-2013, 04:35 PM
sucks ...

I would try and move Chris Carter inside and see how much his quick first step helps in Lebeaus X Blitz ..just not sure how well he holds up against the run but other than starting a rookie or putting Worilds inside what choices do we have ?

Count Steeler
09-08-2013, 04:56 PM
What the heck was DeCastro thinking? And if Bicknell is teaching cut blocking, fire him today. I can't stand that shit.

stillers4me
09-08-2013, 05:10 PM
http://twitpic.com/show/thumb/dclynq.gif

Count Steeler
09-08-2013, 05:14 PM

Kind of looks like he tripped on the turf.

katmandu
09-08-2013, 05:32 PM
I really want to know what David was thinking as he took out his own teammate.Seriously! What's going through his mind the seconds before and during the end of that play!

katmandu
09-08-2013, 05:35 PM
What the heck was DeCastro thinking? And if Bicknell is teaching cut blocking, fire him today. I can't stand that shit. Did somebody pay DeCastro to do that ? I'm sure it was not, BUT it sure looks intentional !

- - - Updated - - -
Also, Face it. Larry's career is now over. Just like Plax's career is now over. Shitttty way to end a couple great careers!

Master Blaster
09-08-2013, 05:58 PM
I really want to know what David was thinking as he took out his own teammate.
Decastro did to Pouncey what Gilbert did to Decastro last season. Houston, we have a problem here. The Steelers' OL players are more dangerous to each other than opposing defenses are.

Master Blaster
09-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Take note of what Gilbert is doing. Are you kidding me? He looks like a speed bump.

Dwinsgames
09-08-2013, 06:08 PM
on that play , it looks like David Johnson and Foster are our best blockers

HollywoodSteel
09-08-2013, 06:10 PM
Take note of what Gilbert is doing. Are you kidding me? He looks like a speed bump.

I'll take Gilbert's inept play there over DeCastro's any day. At least he was lunging at the feet of someone on the other team. What the hell was DeCastro thinking? The more I look at it the less it makes any sense at all.

Dwinsgames
09-08-2013, 06:19 PM

its the kind of blocking that I despise and if trying to take out another players knee is what is being taught by this new Line coach I want no part of it

SteelerFanInStl
09-08-2013, 06:24 PM
its the kind of blocking that I despise and if trying to take out another players knee is what is being taught by this new Line coach I want no part of it

I agree. I really hate it and don't think there's any place for it in the NFL.

tube517
09-08-2013, 06:30 PM
Damn, DeCastro needs some contacts because he went straight for Pouncey.

st33lersguy
09-08-2013, 06:32 PM
Decastro did to Pouncey what Gilbert did to Decastro last season. Houston, we have a problem here. The Steelers' OL players are more dangerous to each other than opposing defenses are.

Yeah, it's sloppy play, our offensive linemen have 2 left feet.

katmandu
09-08-2013, 07:05 PM
its the kind of blocking that I despise and if trying to take out another players knee is what is being taught by this new Line coach I want no part of itI agree! That is one big thing I HATE about the NFL is allowing this crap !The owners and competition committee need to outlaw this shittt ASAP !!!

- - - Updated - - -

Damn, DeCastro needs some contacts because he went straight for Pouncey.It's really bizarre what he did.

You can tell by his post game interview that the kid is truly devastated about what happened.

dislocatedday
09-08-2013, 07:21 PM
I agree. I really hate it and don't think there's any place for it in the NFL.

Yeah, just noticed that Gilbert dove at the legs of the Titans DE, as well as DeCastro diving into Pouncey almost at the same time. If this is what Bicknell's zone blocking scheme involves then this crap needs to go. I know it is technically "legal", but it needs to be outlawed. Whenever I see it I really consider it under-handed and cheap. The fact that it is not outlawed just proves the hypocrisy of the NFL front office.......protect the QBs at all costs, and minimize head to head blows due to the negative publicity it brings............but do nothing to protect the guys in the trenches.

86WARD
09-08-2013, 07:26 PM
Pretty much a Nightmare...they'll be lucky to win 6 games this year.

Master Blaster
09-08-2013, 07:30 PM

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I thought the same thing when I heard that Larry tore his triceps. It is a terrible way to end his career.

Master Blaster
09-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Yeah, just noticed that Gilbert dove at the legs of the Titans DE, as well as DeCastro diving into Pouncey almost at the same time. If this is what Bicknell's zone blocking scheme involves then this crap needs to go. I know it is technically "legal", but it needs to be outlawed. Whenever I see it I really consider it under-handed and cheap. The fact that it is not outlawed just proves the hypocrisy of the NFL front office.......protect the QBs at all costs, and minimize head to head blows due to the negative publicity it brings............but do nothing to protect the guys in the trenches.
:amen:

86WARD
09-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Foote sucks...problem is everything behind him is worse...lol.

Mistah Q
09-15-2013, 01:59 AM
te hh haet the CUjt b lrfostking thehy shbould outlegaluhed thnat

stillers4me
09-15-2013, 07:53 AM
te hh haet the CUjt b lrfostking thehy shbould outlegaluhed thnat

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

:lol: