PDA

View Full Version : Steelers RB Jones fit to be a face in the crowd

stillers4me
09-08-2013, 10:24 AM
Thanks to rookie Le'Veon Bell's sprained right foot and the abrupt departure of Jonathan Dwyer, the picture remains as murky as ever.

No wonder Felix Jones feels right at home. Heading into Pittsburgh's season opener on Sunday against Tennessee, Jones figures to be the primary backup behind Isaac Redman.

It's a remarkable rise considering Jones began training camp on the other side of the state with Philadelphia. The Steelers acquired him barely 24 hours before their third preseason game on Aug. 17. No biggie — before he had a chance to meet all of his teammates, he was carrying eight times for 29 yards while also getting some work in the return game.

"It's the first time that I've ever seen it," Pittsburgh offensive coordinator Todd Haley said. "We didn't even have the guy on the practice field once. I met him once before a game, in a team meeting, he leads us in carries during the game and has a kickoff return............

read more @ http://pro32.ap.org/article/steelers-rb-jones-fit-be-face-crowd

tube517
09-08-2013, 07:21 PM
With LaSH injured, Redman's inconsistency and Bell nursing an injury, Felix has to step up next week.

Count Steeler
09-08-2013, 07:24 PM
With LaSH injured, Redman's inconsistency and Bell nursing an injury, Felix has to step up next week.

Yeah, the next sacrificial lamb to the slaughter.

86WARD
09-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Step up? Lol...Bengals defensive players are gonna slaughter this offense. James Harrison...field day!