PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' McLendon focusing solely on Titans

stillers4me
09-06-2013, 06:26 PM
Steve McLendon spent the better part of the past four years — which included more than a dozen transactions — waiting for his opportunity to run out of the Heinz Field tunnel as the starting nose tackle for the Steelers (http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/).

You would figure that even the most hardened player — one who has a resume that includes being released three times in a 33-day span — would allow himself to soak in the moment.

Not Steve McLendon.

“I don't have time for that,” said McLendon, who supplants veteran Casey Hampton.

“Man, I've been here too long. It's just time for me to play. I've been waiting, and the time is finally here.” ........

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/4653649-74/mclendon-steelers-game#ixzz2e9rVaIFn

Texasteel
09-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Sound like a player that has his head screwed on straight. If more of the so call higher talent players did this we would have one hell of a team.

salamander
09-06-2013, 08:53 PM
He's certainly earned it.

60_MINUTES
09-07-2013, 12:24 AM
He's gonna go off this year. He's a stud period. That the steelers hid last year knowing if we played him to much that we couldn't afford him. Make no mistake about it. While we were yelling at the TV to put McClendon in , the steelers themselves knew we should be playing him. But no question benching him the majority of the time is the only reason we ended up affording him. Thank goodness we did. Cause he is gonna be a force.

- - - Updated - - -

Good thing was Hampton played better last year then he did two years ago which allowed us to leave McClendon on bench. But steelers and staff knew they couldn't give McClendon the reins. He would have made pro bowl and cost far to much. I look for him to even pop 4 or 5 sacks. Heck that's more than Hampton Prob got the past 5 years. Lol.

60_MINUTES
09-07-2013, 12:29 AM
Just looked it up hamp. 9 sacks for career. Lol. And 1 over past 3 years. With none last 2. Lol I know Hampton was great and we didn't pay him to sack the QB. I'm just saying I look for McClendon to hold the fort down against the run as well as pop few sacks out