PDA

View Full Version : The Annual Let's Piss Off FS with Power Rankings Thread!

Craic
09-05-2013, 01:20 AM
We've lost the BCS Bowl already! Ranked 16th!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2013/week/1 (http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2013/week/1)

(Thought you'd love this thread, FS! :chuckle:)

tube517
09-05-2013, 07:18 AM
I predict FS76 will use the new "asskick" smiley.... :chuckle:

steelreserve
09-05-2013, 07:19 AM
I wasn't holding my breath to be the champion of the preseason or anything, but seriously - the fucking Rams? Come on.

SteelerFanInStl
09-05-2013, 08:40 AM
I wasn't holding my breath to be the champion of the preseason or anything, but seriously - the fucking Rams? Come on.

There was a half game difference between the Steelers and Rams records last year and the Rams added a lot of talent in the off season. They're a young and much improved team. Why is it so hard to believe that they might be ranked above the Steelers?

After an 0-4 preseason, I'm surprised that the Steelers aren't ranked lower. I'm fine with where they're ranked. I like it better that way.

BnG_Hevn
09-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Preseason is a chance to evaluate, the record means nothing so how could that factor into anything? In fact, if a team goes winless in preseason, it could arguably put them higher due to them (possibly) testing new waters and being more prepared for the regular season.

steelreserve
09-05-2013, 12:04 PM
There was a half game difference between the Steelers and Rams records last year and the Rams added a lot of talent in the off season. They're a young and much improved team. Why is it so hard to believe that they might be ranked above the Steelers?

After an 0-4 preseason, I'm surprised that the Steelers aren't ranked lower. I'm fine with where they're ranked. I like it better that way.

Because the Rams suck and Bradford is a total dingbat who'll never win anything. Plus the rest of their division is much improved and ought to beat up on them. I don't see them going better than 6-10 this year, for sure.

SteelerFanInStl
09-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Because the Rams suck and Bradford is a total dingbat who'll never win anything. Plus the rest of their division is much improved and ought to beat up on them. I don't see them going better than 6-10 this year, for sure.

:lol: That just sounds like you don't know much about the Rams. Living in St Louis I get a chance to follow them closely and they're building a good team. They've improved over last year with a lot of quality additions. They won't be great this year but they definitely don't "suck".

fansince'76
09-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Shit. This is obviously the only bowl game we're gonna be able to qualify for...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2qxzK1mIwB8/UMZAJf1CSaI/AAAAAAAAB1w/ez4Ot5JBcOk/s400/Toilet+Bowl+Logo.jpg

:chuckle:

Master Blaster
09-05-2013, 01:06 PM

As a matter of fact the Steelers players like flying under the radar too. It gives them the motivation to prove their detractors wrong. Ben said as much in a recent interview that can be seen at the Steelers official site. Hines Ward always used the negative comments about himself and the team as motivational inspiration.

Craic
09-05-2013, 03:51 PM
I predict FS76 will use the new "asskick" smiley.... :chuckle:

He repped me with it. :toofunny:

Craic
09-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Oh man!! I was looking for this thread and got excited because I couldn't find it . . . thought I got immortalized in the "Sticky Thread" zone!

:chuckle: