PDA

View Full Version : Redman to start, Jarvis Jones to play

polamalubeast
09-03-2013, 01:17 PM
RB Isaac Redman will stat against the Titans on Sunday.

On Monday Isaac Redman said he wasn’t told yet if he would start against the Tennessee Titans on Sunday, but Coach Mike Tomlin made it official on Tuesday. Redman will start, with a yet to be named rotation available to give him a breather when needed.

“We know what Isaac is capable of,” said Tomlin. “He has answered the bell for us in the past. We expect him to do it in a big way moving forward, starting this weekend.”

Tomlin also said LaRod Stephens-Howling will handle kickoff returns along with Felix Jones, while Antonio Brown and Marcus Wheaton will handle the punt return duties.

Fullback Will Johnson (hamstring) was a partial participant in Monday’s practice and is expected to get more work as the week goes on. His availability for Sunday’s game will become clearer as the week progresses.

“We will leave the light on for him and make a determination regarding his availability in the later part of the week,” said Tomlin.

Rookie linebacker Jarvis Jones worked his way back onto the field on Monday and while Tomlin said Jason Worilds will start at right outside linebacker, Jones will play.

read more

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Redman-to-start-Jones-to-play/c93a8483-f561-4347-970a-24bea250d835

Craic
09-03-2013, 02:33 PM
Don't like it. I think LaRod Stephens-Howling earned the right to start. Even if he shares the runs, IMO, for the two and a half games I saw, he was the best RB we had in the preseason.

fansince'76
09-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Don't like it. I think LaRod Stephens-Howling earned the right to start. Even if he shares the runs, IMO, for the two and a half games I saw, he was the best RB we had in the preseason.

Stephens-Howling lacks the requisite suddenness and glide. :chuckle:

Craic
09-03-2013, 05:04 PM
Stephens-Howling lacks the requisite suddenness and glide. :chuckle:

:buttkick: :chuckle:

You know, this board really needs an :asskick smiley as well, for those posts that deserve so much more than just a :buttkick :wink02:

Dwinsgames
09-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Heath Miller NOT ruled out !

:tt03:

steelreserve
09-03-2013, 05:36 PM
We ought to get past the Titans with Redman at RB ... but seriously, I hope that doesn't become a regular thing. We know what we'll get out of Redman, which is typically average to below-average with a bonus in short-yardage situations. I don't like the idea of settling for that; I'd like to see one of the new faces (Howling or Jones) given a shot, even if it's not for the whole game.

Count Steeler
09-03-2013, 06:20 PM
I would not be surprised to see him catch 4-5 passes in this game. He will get at least for about 35 yards.

- - - Updated - - -

I would not be surprised to see him catch 4-5 passes in this game. He will get at least for about 35 yards.

SteelerFanInStl
09-03-2013, 06:22 PM
I hope to see a lot of LSH. He ran with a lot of explosiveness and toughness in the preseason. He's not an every down back but he's a good change of pace.

st33lersguy
09-03-2013, 06:38 PM
Glad Jones is getting playing time. I actually think he outperformed Worilds

SteelerFanInStl
09-03-2013, 06:49 PM

If he hadn't gotten hurt, he might have been starting. I don't think that it's going to take long.

tube517
09-03-2013, 08:30 PM
:buttkick: :chuckle:

You know, this board really needs an :asskick: smiley as well, for those posts that deserve so much more than just a :buttkick :wink02:

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/fighting/ass-kicking.gif :chuckle:

Craic
09-03-2013, 09:48 PM
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/fighting/ass-kicking.gif :chuckle:

We SO need to steal that and include it in our smilies! Mods? Any chance?

fansince'76
09-04-2013, 06:08 AM
We SO need to steal that and include it in our smilies! Mods? Any chance?

Done! :chuckle:

Master Blaster
09-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Heath Miller NOT ruled out !

:tt03:
Hogwash! He won't play because he isn't ready to play.

Dwinsgames
09-04-2013, 04:17 PM
Hogwash! He won't play because he isn't ready to play.

don't shoot the messenger

Master Blaster
09-04-2013, 04:19 PM
There is no question that Jones will see some action. As far as out performing Worilds, Jones was given a lion's share of reps with the first team during the preseason and Worilds got far less than Jones did because Tomlin wanted to see where Jones was at. Larry Foote said Jones is a play maker, but like so many defensive rookies playing in coach LeBeau's defense, Jones doesn't know what he's doing in pass coverage, yet.

Master Blaster
09-04-2013, 04:26 PM
don't shoot the messenger
You know very well that he's not ready, especially knowing the type of injury he sustained takes around a year to fully heal. I've been silent on this issue, but from what has been said about his recovery and projected return date I think that they are walking on thin ice trying to rush him back.

Dwinsgames
09-04-2013, 04:48 PM
You know very well that he's not ready, especially knowing the type of injury he sustained takes around a year to fully heal. I've been silent on this issue, but from what has been said about his recovery and projected return date I think that they are walking on thin ice trying to rush him back.

to be honest I am not sure anymore what we know about recovery times and I do not mean that in a disrespectful way ....

times have changed in lots of cases of what used to be a full year recovery to 6 months for some guys to be not only back but back at what is seemingly full strength ...

is this one of those cases ? I have no idea but I will not proclaim him out when it was reported he was running sprints 6 weeks ago

ALLD
09-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Going so long without a franchise RB is almost as bad as going without a franchise QB like we did between Brad and BB.

Bluecoat96
09-04-2013, 06:44 PM
to be honest I am not sure anymore what we know about recovery times and I do not mean that in a disrespectful way ....

times have changed in lots of cases of what used to be a full year recovery to 6 months for some guys to be not only back but back at what is seemingly full strength ...

is this one of those cases ? I have no idea but I will not proclaim him out when it was reported he was running sprints 6 weeks ago

Exactly

Look at what Wes Welker did a few years ago after he blew out his knee at the end of the season. He was ready to go the next season and was very productive to boot.

Dwinsgames
09-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Exactly

Look at what Wes Welker did a few years ago after he blew out his knee at the end of the season. He was ready to go the next season and was very productive to boot.

Adrian Peterson is another example

hell Hines Ward didn't even have an acl , ya just never know

steeldawg
09-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Once I spilled hot coffee on my thumb and was back at work the next day! It's all a crap shoot!

Master Blaster
09-05-2013, 08:07 AM

I realize that there are exceptions too, but the fact remains each situation is predicated on the severity and type of injury sustained. Some guys tear an anterior crucia ligament and return to play earlier than expected while others like Heath that tear several different ligaments require considerable time to heal. Then there are those that shred their knees, Sean Spence, and may never play again. I'm basing my comment on past experience. Perhaps there are newer surgical procedures that don't require lengthy healing times that I've never heard of.

Dwinsgames
09-06-2013, 12:25 PM
I realize that there are exceptions too, but the fact remains each situation is predicated on the severity and type of injury sustained. Some guys tear an anterior crucia ligament and return to play earlier than expected while others like Heath that tear several different ligaments require considerable time to heal. Then there are those that shred their knees, Sean Spence, and may never play again. I'm basing my comment on past experience. Perhaps there are newer surgical procedures that don't require lengthy healing times that I've never heard of.

I do not expect him to play , but I do believe he will by week 3 ....

I would not be shocked to see him play sooner than that though ....

AP put up 2k+ yards last year as a RB less than a year from time of injury and RBs get brutalized far more than TEs in this league from a punishment standpoint so I would not be shocked to see him in uniform tomorrow but I do not expect it .... if that makes my point any clearer or not I am not sure LOL

Psycho Ward 86
09-06-2013, 04:51 PM
Exactly

Adrian Peterson is another example

hell Hines Ward didn't even have an acl , ya just never know

you guys do realize peterson and welker only tore their acl and mcl. Heath tore his acl, mcl, and pcl

Craic
09-06-2013, 06:03 PM
you guys do realize peterson and welker only tore their acl and mcl. Heath tore his acl, mcl, and pcl

A bit of an overachiever, isn't he?

Dwinsgames
09-06-2013, 06:28 PM

most times pcl heals itself without surgery ....

6-12 months is considered the normal with surgery , each is a case by case basis obviously and how someone goes about rehab also comes into play as to how long it takes to regain full strength ...

here is a good place to have a look at it ... http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00420

Whether your treatment involves surgery or not, rehabilitation plays a vital role in getting you back to your daily activities. A physical therapy program will help you regain knee strength and motion. If you had surgery, physical therapy will begin 1 to 4 weeks after your procedure.How long it takes you to recover from a posterior cruciate ligament injury will depend on the severity of your injury. Combined injuries often have a slow recovery, but most patients do well over time.
If your injury requires surgery, it may be several weeks before you return to a desk job - perhaps months if your job requires a lot of activity. Full recovery typically requires 6 to 12 months.
Although it is a slow process, your commitment to therapy is the most important factor in returning to all the activities you enjoy.

Master Blaster
09-06-2013, 07:34 PM
most times pcl heals itself without surgery ....

6-12 months is considered the normal with surgery , each is a case by case basis obviously and how someone goes about rehab also comes into play as to how long it takes to regain full strength ...

here is a good place to have a look at it ... http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00420
This reaffirms what said above.