PDA

View Full Version : Week 1:Tennessee titans

polamalubeast
09-01-2013, 02:06 PM
This is almost a must win for me....Since you can not lose against an average team to start the season

If the Steelers lose, I will be very disappointed and the season could be ugly

Last year the Steelers lost 26-23 against the Titans and it was very disappointing

Psycho Ward 86
09-01-2013, 02:16 PM
"must win"

is there a more overrated phrase in all of sports

Nadroj 20
09-01-2013, 02:29 PM
"must win"

:lol: yeah I know.

It's week 1. Relax PB. We won 4 straight after losing to the Titans 26-23 last year.

X-Terminator
09-01-2013, 03:24 PM
"must win"

Not overrated. More like overused. How can you call a game in week 1 a "must-win"?

polamalubeast
09-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Must-win is maybe not the right word but it is a very important game, even if it is only week one, because after the game against the Titans, the Steelers will play against three teams that were 10-6 last year

st33lersguy
09-01-2013, 07:54 PM
I would not phrase this as a must win, I would say that a loss to the Titans would be deflating. This is the worst team the Steelers will be playing this month

7SteelGal43
09-01-2013, 10:04 PM
Oh it's a "must win" alright ! I live in Memphis and will hear to much crap ALL SEASON if we lose to the Titans. !

Pittsburgh43
09-02-2013, 02:28 AM
Definitely not a must-win. But it's a game you want to win to set a tone and head into Cincy with some momentum.

steel striker
09-02-2013, 10:17 AM
It's not a must win but, I still think it is a game that the steelers should win. Does not mean they will but, they need to care of business. Since the rats play in Denver this is a chance to get ahead of them. Titians still have Johnson at RB also Britt & Nate Washington as WR's and, thier D-Line is not bad.

ALLD
09-02-2013, 10:30 AM
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/c/chuck_noll.html

Count Steeler
09-02-2013, 10:31 AM
A win, especially coming off a winless pre season, sets a better tone in the locker room than a loss. End of the world if they lose? No. But a much higher mountain to climb.

steelerdiva
09-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Definitely not a must-win. But it's a game you want to win to set a tone and head into Cincy with some momentum.

This...x10

Moose
09-02-2013, 10:43 AM
In my book, when you only play 16 games, every game you play is a game you need to win. There is always that chance that a game you lost during the season seems to come back and haunt you. Tenn. isn't that strong of a team, and hopefully the Steeler's will come out at the start of the season and take care of business and set the tone to what type of team they will be. There is no way I expect a 16-0 season, but a new season, a home game, this is definitely not a team the Steeler's should lose to. GO STEELERS

Iron Steeler
09-02-2013, 04:48 PM
Titans are a rivalry game. Anything could happen. And I feel that ever game is a must win. I wish some how Tomlin could get the team in a mindset that every week that we were going to face a hybrid '85 bears/'07 patriots team .Teams like the broncos / patriots/ saints aren't afraid to bury a team in the first half. Treat every team like its the best damn team your gonna face, and then kick their ass!

one side only
09-02-2013, 05:09 PM
As cranky curmudgeon Ron Cook of the Post-Gazette and 93.7 The Fan says so often, the only must win game in any sport is an elimination game. However, the Steelers should beat every team that they are better than at home. This includes the Titans, Lions, Browns, Bills and Dolphins. Add wins against Oakland, the Jets and the Browns in Cleveland, and they just have to split with the Ravens and Bengals to reach 10 wins. If they lose to the Titans, is the season over? No, of course not, but such a loss puts more pressure on the team to get to 10 wins, and would be an indicator that they aren't good enough to compete with the better teams in the division and conference. If they fail to score at least 23 points, let Chris Johnson run for 100 yards, have trouble getting off the field on third down, and/or allow a fourth quarter drive for the winning score, I will be very concerned about this team.

polamalubeast
09-02-2013, 05:58 PM
I will be devastated if the steelers lose against the Titans