PDA

View Full Version : BUILDING A FOUNDATION

Shoes
09-01-2013, 01:42 PM
I'm feeling pretty good about the future of this team. The talent is there and will develop, the tricky part is the players keeping a humble, nose to the grindstone attitude. I'm really impressed with the rookies and 2nd & 3rd years players we now have. I can't see one bad one in the bunch. They seem to *get it* which is what's need to build upon. Let's kick some butt next week.....I've got pizza riding on the game. :chuckle:

BigNastyDefense
09-01-2013, 02:44 PM
I agree for the most part. I just hope Wallace didn't poison the minds of any of the players with his attitude & lackluster at time play.

Count Steeler
09-01-2013, 03:16 PM
I'm hopeful on this team as well. Just think it is going to take a little while longer to get it going. I've said elsewhere, 4-4 by the half and 6-2 second half. Hope 10-6 gets us in the playoffs.

Moose
09-02-2013, 10:56 AM
I do like the thoughts....I hope it's all true ! GO STEELERS

Craic
09-03-2013, 02:35 PM
I'm hopeful on this team as well. Just think it is going to take a little while longer to get it going. I've said elsewhere, 4-4 by the half and 6-2 second half. Hope 10-6 gets us in the playoffs.

I haven't really looked at the schedule this year, but I think overall, your point is well taken. It's going to take time for this team to adjust to each other. It's probably the biggest change we've had in players since I don't know when, late 90s maybe?

Master Blaster
09-04-2013, 05:59 AM
I agree for the most part. I just hope Wallace didn't poison the minds of any of the players with his attitude & lackluster at time play.
You can rest assured that Wallace's selfish, delusional, Prima Donna attitude played a role in his not getting the contract extension he wanted. I took issue with him and his agent, Bus Cook's lack of consideration for the team's lack of cap space and with all of the personnel changes taking place. I actually laughed when after the Steelers made Wallace an offer and he refused it, Antonio Brown slid in there and took that offer without batting an eye. That had to be one of the fastest and least contentious contract signings I've ever seen take place with this team and a key receiver.

NCSteeler
09-04-2013, 07:42 AM
I'm feeling pretty good about the future of this team. The talent is there and will develop, the tricky part is the players keeping a humble, nose to the grindstone attitude. I'm really impressed with the rookies and 2nd & 3rd years players we now have. I can't see one bad one in the bunch. They seem to *get it* which is what's need to build upon. Let's kick some butt next week.....I've got pizza riding on the game. :chuckle:

I like the talent so far. ILB, CB and DE are still long term concerns but overall the team is adding exciting talented prospects. Need to build a little MOJO chemistry for a SB run or two, before Ben's final days .

I'm hoping for a possible repeat of the 2008 opener.