PDA

View Full Version : Steelers release Ta'amu

steelreserve
08-31-2013, 04:43 PM
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/8/31/4680404/steelers-roster-cuts-nose-tackle-depth-chart-fangupo-alameda-taamu-released

So, end of the line for the fat man? Or do we keep him on the practice squad maybe? Who knows, if he's not good enough now, maybe he never will be, but I don't see the harm in trying if there's room ..

edit: Mods if you think this belongs in the main thread and not as its own, feel free to remove it.

Dwinsgames
08-31-2013, 04:45 PM
seen it coming at the end of last year when we signed Fangupo out from under the Seahawks

tube517
08-31-2013, 06:18 PM
seen it coming at the end of last year when we signed Fangupo out from under the Seahawks

Yep. Plus, Fangupo is squeaky clean (did missionary work) vs Fat Joe Ta'amu.

Shoes
08-31-2013, 06:22 PM
Move over Rainey, you've got company.

stillers4me
08-31-2013, 07:43 PM
Fangupo was awesome with the kids at camp. I know that doesn't have anything to do with football but says alot about the man.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Master Blaster
09-01-2013, 08:45 AM
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/8/31/4680404/steelers-roster-cuts-nose-tackle-depth-chart-fangupo-alameda-taamu-released

So, end of the line for the fat man? Or do we keep him on the practice squad maybe? Who knows, if he's not good enough now, maybe he never will be, but I don't see the harm in trying if there's room ..

edit: Mods if you think this belongs in the main thread and not as its own, feel free to remove it.
Obviously, most fans that are down on Ta'amu are devoid of the ability to forgive a young player for making a mistake. It's easy to see that there are so many hypocrites out there. I believe in second chances for guys that deserve them and Ta'amu deserved one. Ta'amu, to his credit, jumped through every hoop the Steelers put him through in order to get back in their good graces. He worked his butt off in the off season and kept his nose clean. He showed improvement over last season, but Fangupo was the better man and made the final cut. I hope that the Steelers can place Ta'amu on the practice squad to allow him to continue to develop.