PDA

View Full Version : Steelers RB Jones makes bid to be starter

stillers4me
08-31-2013, 07:59 AM
Only 10 days ago, former first-round draft pick Felix Jones was losing his bid for the Eagles' running back job.

Not the starting job — the No. 3 job. He trailed not only starter LeSean McCoy but also backups Chris Polk and Bryce Brown.

Now, in a curious twist that resulted from a rare Steelers (http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/) trade, Jones temporarily may have secured a position in Pittsburgh with a team that is expected to be better than the Eagles.

Remarkably, it's the starting job...........

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/4609433-74/jones-steelers-running#ixzz2dYDxw0JB

Count Steeler
08-31-2013, 08:12 AM
Coming to the better side of the state. Just sayin.

salamander
08-31-2013, 09:28 AM
I've liked what I've seen from him in the short time he's been here. I guess sometimes all a guy needs is a change of scenery.

Dwinsgames
08-31-2013, 09:39 AM
I've liked what I've seen from him in the short time he's been here. I guess sometimes all a guy needs is a change of scenery.

I was very reluctant when trading for him because of his injury history and the fact that he just got a change of scenery and it pushed him from 2nd on Dallas depth chart to 4th on Phillies ...

he has looked good thus far here

salamander
08-31-2013, 09:58 AM
I was very reluctant when trading for him because of his injury history and the fact that he just got a change of scenery and it pushed him from 2nd on Dallas depth chart to 4th on Phillies ...

he has looked good thus far here

Yeah but going from the Cowboys to the Eagles isn't really a big change. :chuckle:

But yes, assuming he stays healthy and holds onto the ball I have no problem keeping him here.

Shoes
08-31-2013, 10:02 AM

It is indeed.....I wish him the best!

Steeldude
09-01-2013, 10:09 AM
Jones is an upgrade? Well let's hope he figures out how to hold onto the ball and remain healthy. As of now the Steelers have an injury-prone backfield

TomlinSteelTribe
09-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Jones is an upgrade? Well let's hope he figures out how to hold onto the ball and remain healthy. As of now the Steelers have an injury-prone backfield

Yep, exactly. It's not difficult to foresee a guy being picked up off the street by wk 7. Doubt Dwyer is still around on the FA market by that point...