Week 2:at Bengals(MNF)
Week 3:Bears(SNF)
Week 4:at Vikings(in London)

venom
08-30-2013, 09:45 AM
Ill say 3-1 - probably lose the Cincy game

steelreserve
08-30-2013, 10:23 AM
We ought to win all of those ... realistically, we'll probably screw up one or two.

Nadroj 20
08-30-2013, 10:27 AM
I'm going to say 2-2 and hope that I am wrong. Cincy game is obviously a tough division game so we know how that goes. Bears could be a good game. Anything can happen in a situation like London.

I think we beat the Titans fairly easy (they should), but then the next three have some question marks.

polamalubeast
08-30-2013, 10:44 AM
The Steelers have only lost once on the road against the Bengals since 2002....

Psycho Ward 86
08-30-2013, 10:44 AM
i say 2-2. Loss @ Cincy, and bears will be a completely different team

Moose
08-30-2013, 10:47 AM
I also went 2-2 with finger's crossed at that. :( I see the Tenn. game as a should be WIN, but again we all know how the Steeler's play DOWN to their opponent and end up losing. I think the bungholes game is a Loss due to a few things. The bungholes treat us as a Super Bowl game so they will be up for it, it's at their home hole, and of course division game which they will take more serious and the biggie MONDAY NIGHT ! The Bears another Loss, could be just too beat up from Monday with the bungholes. Then the Vikings...ugh. The travel could be bad, along with the situation of being out of the states, but I think the Steeler's pull out a Win anyway just because of the 2 in row losses from weeks before. Naturally I'm hoping for 4-0, which is doable, but I'm just not sure yet on this teams attitude, discipline and mental situation with the 'want to win' instinct.

polamalubeast
08-30-2013, 10:50 AM
A win in Cincinnati would be huge for the steelers

zulater
08-30-2013, 11:23 AM
Let's just start with a win against the Titans and go from there. I know it's a cliche, but to me never has it been more true that the next game means everything. Open with a win against the Titans and it all flows from there. Lose and this season flushes before October's out in my opinion.

TomlinSteelTribe
08-30-2013, 12:17 PM
I understand what you're saying, zulater, and hope the team has this "one game at a time" type mentality. But I think part of the luxury of being a fan is being allowed to speculate on the future, and sometimes focus on it moreso than the present, without it hurting the team. Reading the end of your post, it seems you believe an opening day loss would spell doom for the season? That by getting off on the wrong foot, the downward spiral should be assumed? That sounds silly to me. Each game is big with how short the season is, but an NFL season is by no means a sprint.

Reading and hearing a decent-sized portion of our fanbase, it's readily apparent that we are the most spoiled fans in the league. And it shows immediately at the first signs of imperfection. I'm including myself in this. Fact is: we have an upper tier qb and a defense that should generate more turnovers this season, while remaining stingy in yardage/pts allowed. I dunno. Think it's a roster that could handle some adversity early-on but perhaps I'm being overly optimistic. I do worry some about the quality of our locker room leadership, so perhaps you're right that it could all blow up out of the gate with a false step...

The first four weeks are rough. And I'm usually displeased with such an early bye but, being it's after the London game, am okay with it this season. I can see 2-2 but am hoping for 3-1 (and 4-0 would be icing on the cake, of course). Don't think 2-2 fates us to miss the playoffs but it would mean we probably need 8-4 thereafter. Tough, but doable.

zulater
08-30-2013, 12:32 PM
I understand what you're saying, zulater, and hope the team has this "one game at a time" type mentality. But I think part of the luxury of being a fan is being allowed to speculate on the future, and sometimes focus on it moreso than the present, without it hurting the team. Reading the end of your post, it seems you believe an opening day loss would spell doom for the season? That by getting off on the wrong foot, the downward spiral should be assumed? That sounds silly to me. Each game is big with how short the season is, but an NFL season is by no means a sprint.

Reading and hearing a decent-sized portion of our fanbase, it's readily apparent that we are the most spoiled fans in the league. And it shows immediately at the first signs of imperfection. I'm including myself in this. Fact is: we have an upper tier qb and a defense that should generate more turnovers this season, while remaining stingy in yardage/pts allowed. I dunno. Think it's a roster that could handle some adversity early-on but perhaps I'm being overly optimistic. I do worry some about the quality of our locker room leadership, so perhaps you're right that it could all blow up out of the gate with a false step...

The first four weeks are rough. And I'm usually displeased with such an early bye but, being it's after the London game, am okay with it this season. I can see 2-2 but am hoping for 3-1 (and 4-0 would be icing on the cake, of course). Don't think 2-2 fates us to miss the playoffs but it would mean we probably need 8-4 thereafter. Tough, but doable.

Losing to the Titans would pretty much make us a bad team in my opinion.

polamalubeast
08-30-2013, 12:55 PM

agree

Count Steeler
08-30-2013, 04:16 PM
Tough season to predict. I want to see how this teams perform in the first game. Are they prepared, are they disciplined, are they hungry? The OLine has to come together and perform and the STs have to win the field position part of the game. A couple of big returns and/or a TD will deflate this team.

zulater
08-30-2013, 04:58 PM
agree

If you lose to the Titans I think you have to bring your expectations for the season down. For one thing it's a home game, which over the years the Steelers win at a 75% rate. Second it's against a team that likely wont win half it's games in a shitty division. Lose your home opener to the Titans you're most likely looking at a 4-6 win season.

TomlinSteelTribe
08-30-2013, 09:31 PM

Oh, c'mon, it would be an upset, but it wouldn't 'define' the season.

TomlinSteelTribe
08-30-2013, 09:42 PM
If Locker comes out with anything, the Titans could very well find some mismatches in our secondary. I don't know what Kenny Britt's status is but along with the quicker 2nd-year guy Kendall Wright, and at this point a pretty solid vet in Nate Washington, they could definitely exploit a defense pushing forward to take running lanes away from CJ2K (who has a better OL this season, btw). Don't know a whole lot about their D, but Haley-ball hasn't thrilled me, exactly. Think our D will have to carry the team through significant portions of games, as usual.

zulater
08-30-2013, 09:44 PM
Oh, c'mon, it would be an upset, but it wouldn't 'define' the season.

If you can't beat the Titans at home the question can rightfully be asked; who can you beat? Am I saying one loss is insurmountable? No. But a loss to a mediocre ( at best) team at home to start your season could go a long way to defining your season.

TomlinSteelTribe
09-02-2013, 02:48 AM
Okay, I get what you're saying. But, after seeing you post the "one game at a time" mantra above, I'm going to say it would only make us a bad team for one week.

And isn't that one of the major draws of the NFL, the league's parity? Hard to say how the Titans will fare this season. If they get a running game going (I think they will, hopefully not vs. us, though) and Locker has improved, they could be right in the thick of the playoff hunt. If someone had told me a few years ago that the NFC West would soon be the strongest (arguably) division in the NFL going into the '13 season, I would have rolled on the floor laughing. You just don't know from year-to-year in the NFL. That's the beauty of it.

steeldawg
09-02-2013, 08:27 AM
If Locker comes out with anything, the Titans could very well find some mismatches in our secondary. I don't know what Kenny Britt's status is but along with the quicker 2nd-year guy Kendall Wright, and at this point a pretty solid vet in Nate Washington, they could definitely exploit a defense pushing forward to take running lanes away from CJ2K (who has a better OL this season, btw). Don't know a whole lot about their D, but Haley-ball hasn't thrilled me, exactly. Think our D will have to carry the team through significant portions of games, as usual.

Kenny Britt is going to be there for the titans and he is a mismatch for anyone. Im not worried about our defense though its our offense moving the ball that worries me, because if we cant move the ball and lose the field position battle we could easily lose the game. With that being said it is an important game, Its a home game against an opponent we should beat, its an opportunity to hit the ground running because Bal vs Den, Cincy vs Chi, Cle vs Mia are all game our division opponents can lose. We actually have the most winnable game in our division that week and that is never an opportunity you want to squander in the nfl.