Browns:6-10

https://twitter.com/HensleyESPN

tube517
08-28-2013, 10:03 AM
Lol Bengals should be ahead of the Ratbirds

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4

Dwinsgames
08-28-2013, 10:25 AM
so clearly they believe the Ravens are better last seasons SB winner .... ( more wins predicted in 2013 than they accumulated in 2012 )

when they are down 70% of their offensive production from the passing game from a year ago down several starters on D as well Ray Ray , Ed Reed , Pollard , Kugler to name a few ......

someone is dreaming or has better drugs than I can get

polamalubeast
08-28-2013, 10:31 AM
This is the most popular prediction for the defending Super Bowl champions this year: The Baltimore Ravens will not reach the playoffs after losing Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and Anquan Boldin. But that is focusing on what the Ravens have lost and not what they have added. The Ravens are not a rebuilding team. They are still very much a playoff team. Other than Boldin, you can make the argument that Ravens have either adequately filled all of their voids or improved in those spots from last season.

The defense, which ranked 17th last season, upgraded its pass rush with Elvis Dumervil and its front seven with defensive lineman Chris Canty and inside linebacker Daryl Smith. There are more concerns with the offense, especially after losing tight end Dennis Pitta to a dislocated hip. Baltimore, though, still has quarterback Joe Flacco and playmakers such as running back Ray Rice and wide receiver Torrey Smith.

The Ravens have been the surest bet when it comes to the playoffs. No other team has been to the postseason the past five seasons, and the Ravens have done enough this offseason to keep them as the favorites to win a third straight AFC North title. It is difficult to imagine the Ravens capturing the same magic from last season's playoff run, but they are talented and experienced enough to reach the AFC Championship Game again.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/73832/ravens-season-prediction-11-5

polamalubeast
08-28-2013, 10:36 AM
In defense, the Ravens will be better

Suggs was not healthy last year, Webb almost no played and they added three good starters

On offense they will be worse

Dwinsgames
08-28-2013, 10:43 AM
yea they added pieces on the Def to replace the losses but those are still unknowns in terms to how those pieces will fit and gel as a team ... on paper is one thing on the field is yet another ..

if games where won and lost on Paper we would have been a ton better than 8-8 last year because losses to the Raiders , Browns , Titans , Chargers , would not have happened ...but they did happen !!

NJarhead
08-28-2013, 10:47 AM
Yea, I could have a monkey throw numbered darts at a board with the AFCN helmets pictured on it and this would be every bit as credible as some BSPN blogger making predictions.

:coffee:

polamalubeast
08-28-2013, 11:02 AM
yea they added pieces on the Def to replace the losses but those are still unknowns in terms to how those pieces will fit and gel as a team ... on paper is one thing on the field is yet another ..

if games where won and lost on Paper we would have been a ton better than 8-8 last year because losses to the Raiders , Browns , Titans , Chargers , would not have happened ...but they did happen !!

The defense was very average last year for the Ravens, so I think the ravens will be much better in defense

The big question for the Ravens is their offense, especially their WR after Torrey Smith

Moose
08-28-2013, 11:06 AM
Hensley is a buffoon. It's amazing what he 'doesn't ' know and is still considered a sports writer. Kinda like a weatherman, LOL.

steelreserve
08-28-2013, 11:15 AM
Without Boldin to bail him out, Moonball Joe will probably throw for about 2,500 yards and 50 interceptions. And that's being generous because he's "elite."

fansince'76
08-28-2013, 11:34 AM
Wow. Uber-Ravenshomer Hensley picks Baltimore to win the division.

In other news, water is wet, the sky is blue and fire burns. :yawn:

TheRuneMeister
08-28-2013, 12:18 PM
'On paper' that doesn't look too far off. I think that is approx. what most people expect this year. The fact that we feel good about our rookies, and that we have an overall good feeling about the team doesn't change how things look 'from the outside'. I certainly hope (and believe) that things will look a lot different than that at the end of the season, but I can't blame anyone for ranking the teams the way Hensley did.

steelreserve
08-28-2013, 03:41 PM
One thing that all the 'outside' analysis consistently misses is that literally half the team was injured last year. I don't think there was one position where a key player didn't miss about half the season. Everyone basically just totals up the people who came and went in free agency and uses that as the complete barometer for next year, plus MAYBE the first-round draft pick if you were in the top 10 (without exception: "It was a rebuilding year, but now maybe a glimmer of hope" - how many brains does it take to write that article). The guys we're getting back from injury more than make up for any dropoff, even if we just have average luck with health.

Moose
08-28-2013, 03:57 PM
One thing that all the 'outside' analysis consistently misses is that literally half the team was injured last year. I don't think there was one position where a key player didn't miss about half the season. Everyone basically just totals up the people who came and went in free agency and uses that as the complete barometer for next year, plus MAYBE the first-round draft pick if you were in the top 10 (without exception: "It was a rebuilding year, but now maybe a glimmer of hope" - how many brains does it take to write that article). The guys we're getting back from injury more than make up for any dropoff, even if we just have average luck with health.

Exactly ! Well said.

Seven
08-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Hensley has read more words that I've written on this forum than I've read words he's written over the course of his "career."

tube517
08-28-2013, 04:47 PM
Wow. Uber-Ravenshomer Hensley picks Baltimore to win the division.

In other news, water is wet, the sky is blue and fire burns and Tom Brady is gay and Mike Tomlin is a jive coach. :yawn:
Fixed! :chuckle:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4

zulater
08-28-2013, 07:27 PM
I thought he'd have the Steelers 5th.

Count Steeler
08-28-2013, 07:39 PM
How sweet would it be for the Browns to finish ahead of the Ravens?

Shoes
08-28-2013, 08:24 PM
Hensley has been sniffing cow pies again.

Shoes
08-28-2013, 10:29 PM
Without Boldin to bail him out, Moonball Joe will probably throw for about 2,500 yards and 50 interceptions. And that's being generous because he's "elite."

Exactly, Flacco's elite status has departed to SF.

bayz101
08-29-2013, 08:13 AM
I already knew his predictions before clicking the thread. I guess i'm sort of surprised he didn't have us going 0-16.

X-Terminator
08-29-2013, 08:18 AM
The Ravens and Steelers are nearly identical - teams that, barring injury, should have strong defenses but have question marks on offense. So how is one 11-5 and the other 9-7? Plus, they have a tougher schedule since they have to play the Patriots, Texans and Broncos as the 1st place team.

I think we know the answer.

You'd think BSPN would care about objectivity in the guy who covers the whole division.

NJarhead
08-29-2013, 08:43 AM
I thought he'd have the Steelers 5th.

HAHAHAHA!

blackngldblood
08-29-2013, 03:04 PM
When was the last time Hensley picked the Ravens NOT to win the division. I'm sure he's probably that popular troll around the internet blaming all the Steelers super bowl victories on the refs. And James Harrisons interception/return for a touchdown was a pass interference and twenty seven blocks in the backs on the runback.... This guy......What a joke.

KeiselPower99
08-29-2013, 05:06 PM
This guy is a joke of a "reporter" anyway. Too much of a Ravens kiss ass. Cincy is on paper the best team in the division.

Moose
08-30-2013, 07:42 AM
Cincy is on paper the best team in the division.

LMAO ! :) And who would have ever thought the time would come LOL

TomlinSteelTribe
08-30-2013, 11:51 AM
This guy is a joke of a "reporter" anyway. Too much of a Ravens kiss ass. Cincy is on paper the best team in the division.

I have a vendetta against Hensley. Usually don't go head-hunting on the net, but he's the exception. Every time I post on his articles, I make sure to take my shots. It's not even so blatant sometimes, his homerism. It can be very subtle, but remains omnipresent within his writing. James Walker, while I didn't love him, was at least fair in his coverage. "Don't know what you have till it's gone," I suppose.

And I agree, Cincy is the best team on paper. I expect a hot start from them but think Dalton's mediocre arm will haunt them towards the end of the season.