PDA

View Full Version : Versatile Moore is ready for whatever

LLT
08-07-2010, 04:14 AM
Versatile Moore is ready for whatever
By John Harris, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, August 7, 2010

Mewelde Moore chuckled when asked to describe his role with the Steelers.

"Today, I'm a third-down back, tomorrow a starter. Three days later, I'm a kick returner. Whatever I'm asked to do, that's what I am,'' Moore said.

Early in the week, Moore was the starting running back at practice when Rashard Mendenall couldn't practice after having his toe stepped on and rookie Jonathan Dwyer was sidelined with a pulled hamstring.

Moore is whatever the Steelers need him to be.

read more: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_693845.html

Galax Steeler
08-07-2010, 04:32 AM
Nice read I just can't help but wonder what will happen with Moore if Dwyer comes along nicely. You would have to think that it would be Mendenhall, Moore and Dwyer in the backfield but who knows.

SteelerEmpire
08-07-2010, 10:33 AM
The more we use Moore (especially in passing situations) the better this team seems to do...

wootawnee
08-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Moore picked up a huge part of our offense and put it on his shoulders.......The only way he leaves is if he cannot perform,and some one is capable of taking the load he carries, which no one can at this time.......

solardave
08-07-2010, 02:43 PM
He has been a solid versatile back. When we picked him up I thought he would be a camp body but little did I know.

Psycho Ward 86
08-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Still not gonna be comfortable if Mendenhall goes down and he gets the start....