PDA

View Full Version : On the Plus side........

Shoes
08-25-2013, 12:58 PM
Cortez Allen and Troy looked really good. Shamarko is going to be a good one and will help us this season. Jarvis has been improving each game, Ben looks fit, Grad is a great backup and we have a great crew of WR. If we can fix the O-line and special teams I think we will do well. Hopefully, no starters will play in the last preseason game.

polamalubeast
08-25-2013, 01:02 PM
In general, the offense in the first half played well...The steelers would have maybe scored 20 points in the first half without the penalty of Dwyer and the field goal blocked

The steelers must avoid the mistakes!

7SteelGal43
08-25-2013, 01:33 PM
I like Grad as the backup. Perhaps the best backup we've had in a while ?! Discuss. :)

Shoes
08-25-2013, 01:43 PM
The plus side of Grad is he's not made of glass and can move. He's productive, has a good arm, experience and is happy in his roll, what more could you ask for in a backup. It will be interesting to see if Landry can push him for the #2 spot next year.

SteelerFanInStl
08-25-2013, 01:54 PM
I got a much better feeling overall from the team in this game. More positives than negatives IMO.

KeiselPower99
08-25-2013, 02:32 PM
Gradkowski is what we needed at backup. As much as I loved Byron he was to injury prone and Charlie was iffy last year. Yes he beat the Ravens but that Cleveland game was awful. Besides he is a fellow MAC Qb!!!! Best conference for QB's!!

TomlinSteelTribe
08-25-2013, 08:54 PM
I didn't see the game last night. But I'm stoked on Shamarko Thomas. He's gonna be a good one. And, yeah, I agree with the others, it's good to have a back-up who isn't classified as a "statue."

- - - Updated - - -

With all these ST mishaps, is the new coach already on the hot seat? I doubt the FO wants change at this point, but, c'mon, seems like we've regressed in this area.

Steeldude
08-27-2013, 11:54 AM
The plus side of Grad is he's not made of glass and can move. He's productive, has a good arm, experience and is happy in his roll, what more could you ask for in a backup. It will be interesting to see if Landry can push him for the #2 spot next year.

I doubt Landry will go higher than 3rd during his entire tenure here. He will most likely be another St. Pierre.

TomlinSteelTribe
08-27-2013, 11:46 PM
I doubt Landry will go higher than 3rd during his entire tenure here. He will most likely be another St. Pierre.

I've only seen the Skins game so far this preseason, but Jones didn't play poorly. And that was running for his life a good portion of the time. He has a better arm than St. Pierre and the dart-thrower, Dennis Dixon.

Master Blaster
08-28-2013, 08:42 AM
It is absolutely ridiculous, even moronic, for anyone to suggest that new special teams coach, Smith is on the hot seat. You people need to get a sense of reality and perspective.

HollywoodSteel
08-29-2013, 04:24 PM
It is absolutely ridiculous, even moronic, for anyone to suggest that new special teams coach, Smith is on the hot seat. You people need to get a sense of reality and perspective.

Yeah, it was really that cornerback-to-remain-nameless that screwed the pooch on that kick off return. Like I said in another thread, I hope they put that whiffed tackle on a continuous loop in the weight room until he redeems himself (or someone else screws up worse).

- - - Updated - - -

Also Jarvis Jones screwed up on that blocked kick. I doubt he'll make that mistake again.

LLT
08-29-2013, 04:43 PM
I didn't see the game last night. But I'm stoked on Shamarko Thomas. He's gonna be a good one. And, yeah, I agree with the others, it's good to have a back-up who isn't classified as a "statue."

- - - Updated - - -

With all these ST mishaps, is the new coach already on the hot seat? I doubt the FO wants change at this point, but, c'mon, seems like we've regressed in this area.

Naw...just a bunch of players who are showing why they wont make the final cut.

TomlinSteelTribe
08-30-2013, 09:16 AM
Naw...just a bunch of players who are showing why they wont make the final cut.

Fair enough. I only saw the Skins game and had to read recaps/look over box scores to make conclusions on the others, = not the best tools for a thorough evaluation. It's just alarming that every game has included a ST gaff. Hopefully the coaches have a good idea now of who will perform on ST and who won't.