PDA

View Full Version : penalties kill

Dwinsgames
08-24-2013, 10:55 PM
we have got to find a way to be more sound , mental mistakes are killing us we have like 250 yards ( or something close ) in penalty yards against in the past 2 games ....

you do not win many games in this league with the deck stacked that heavily against you , granted some of those penalties where ghost like in happening but many where not ..

discipline is lacking , mental toughness is lacking ... lots of work to do and little time to do it in !

katmandu
08-24-2013, 11:45 PM
Most all the Steeler's penalties were absolute bullshit calls.

I think Pre-season games are good for the Refs also to get these types of calls out of their system before the regular season sits in!

fansince'76
08-25-2013, 03:16 AM
Most all the Steeler's penalties were absolute bullshit calls.

I think Pre-season games are good for the Refs also to get these types of calls out of their system before the regular season sits in!

Exactly. This game was full of them. The one on Troy, the one on Dwyer and the one on Cortez Allen were all completely bogus (and costly) and several others were borderline at best. And the thing is, the officiating WON'T get any better, because of all the new "safety" rules that force the refs to make judgment calls on split-second, "bang-bang" plays. That also includes the roughing the passer call against KC where Gradkowski's helmet was barely grazed.

Moose
08-25-2013, 06:46 AM
I agree with all saying it's all being BS, but the fact is 'WE' are getting them called on us ! And the calls are usually killing us, and we are like the highest penalized team already in 2/3 preseason games. Definitely a discipline problem that needs immediate attention. It's not like this team is going out the first 3 preseason games and ripping the other team up and scoring points. We don't need to give the other team any advantages. Just my opinion.

Mistah Q
08-25-2013, 09:02 AM
I only watched the first half -- the refs took a real shit on us and I was too pissed off to watch any more.

Not only that but they called incomplete on what was by all accounts a touchdown pass.

And they gave the Chiefs a completion on a long bomb where he bobbled the ball, it hit the ground, and then he fell on top of it.

Sick to my stomach on this officiating.

SteelerFanInStl
08-25-2013, 10:54 AM
I'm watching the game right now, barely in to the second quarter. The "chop block" call on Dwyer was just beyond terrible. No other Steeler player was even close to the defender when Dwyer blocked him. These officials need to be fined and penalized for the terrible calls. That killed the drive.

The call on the opening kickoff appeared to be a bad call also but I didn't go back and watch it again. It didn't look like any Steeler player touched him before he went down.

polamalubeast
08-25-2013, 11:00 AM
Jeff Triplett is maybe the worst referee in the nfl......The penalty on Dwyer was a killer!!!!!

SteelerFanInStl
08-25-2013, 11:13 AM
Wow, another terrible call on the long run by Alex Smith. Allen got blocked in the back by a Chiefs player which pushed him in to Smith out of bounds. Personal foul called on Allen. These officials need to open their eyes.

polamalubeast
08-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Wow, another terrible call on the long run by Alex Smith. Allen got blocked in the back by a Chiefs player which pushed him in to Smith out of bounds. Personal foul called on Allen. These officials need to open their eyes.

I'm afraid that Allen will be fined

Dwinsgames
08-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Jeff Triplett is maybe the worst referee in the nfl......The penalty on Dwyer was a killer!!!!!

and non existent ..( one of the " ghost Penalties " I was referring to )