PDA

View Full Version : We got a new RB - Eagles trade RB Felix Jones to Steelers for LB Adrian Robinson

Spike
08-23-2013, 09:19 AM
Adam Caplan @caplannfl
Source says Eagles have traded RB Felix Jones to the Steelers. Eagles get back LB Adrian Robinson.

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/674105-eagles-trade-felix-jones-for-lb-adrian-robinson/

--------------------------

camp meat ? - somebody gotta take the hits

polamalubeast
08-23-2013, 09:23 AM
Not a good news for Dwyer or/and Redman

Spike
08-23-2013, 09:25 AM
or Batch

Hindes204
08-23-2013, 09:30 AM
I watched him play in Arkansas behind DMac, he's got some talent

Spike
08-23-2013, 09:31 AM
run him up the gut a half dozen times in a row and see what we got

NJarhead
08-23-2013, 09:33 AM
What was the knock on him? Fumbles? Health?

Looks like he had 12 fumbles with 7 lost in 6 years (5 really with over 100 rush attempts).

- - - Updated - - -

run him up the gut a half dozen times in a row and see what we got

haha.

I hope we lead the league in rushing this year. I'm gonna bust your cookies every chance I get. :chuckle:

steeldawg
08-23-2013, 09:36 AM
Love the move, surprised they went out and got someone but I guess it just shows the lack of faith in dwyer

Spike
08-23-2013, 09:39 AM
so long Barron Batch - that's what I say

polamalubeast
08-23-2013, 10:01 AM
David Todd ‏@DavidMTodd 1m
Reality is both Jones & Robinson were likely to be cut by their respective teams & that is still true with their new teams. #Steelers

86WARD
08-23-2013, 10:07 AM
so long Barron Batch - that's what I say

Please.

Jones is an upgrade. He can't tote the rock full time, but he could 50% of the time.

ALLD
08-23-2013, 10:14 AM
Bet he knows how to wear sweats.

Spike
08-23-2013, 10:17 AM
Jones is an upgrade. He can't tote the rock full time, but he could 50% of the time.

probably just camp meat

Eagles fans say Jones showed nothing and was going to be cut too

I expected more from Jones... he really lost a few steps. Didn't look explosive at all and dropped a lot of balls. Looked lost a lot out there too

Felix wasn’t making the team, so may as well get a case of tastykakes for him

Awesome! Jones wasn't making the team anyway.

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/674105-official-felix-jones-traded-to-steelers-for-lb-adrian-robinson/

86WARD
08-23-2013, 10:20 AM
A ZBS is more suitable to Jones' skill set, so Haley's offense could be a good thing for him. Has potential to turn out good.

Devilsdancefloor
08-23-2013, 10:29 AM

he was broke probably 50% in dallas if not more, but my money is still on duce wearing the swats better.

st33lersguy
08-23-2013, 10:35 AM
Is this a joke? Adrian Robinson has showed some talent and potential in camp and I thought he did well, especially in the Giants game. Felix Jones on the other hand stinks and he has shown nothing in the pros. He is a 1st round draft bust who has shown less in his NFL career than both Redman and Dwyer. Is Pittsburgh trying to lead the NFL in backup quality RBs on the roster?

Spike
08-23-2013, 10:40 AM
A ZBS is more suitable to Jones' skill set, so Haley's offense could be a good thing for him. Has potential to turn out good.

well, he can catch the ball out of the backfield, so Haley's bubble screens to the halfback are what he'll be getting

when he isn't getting pounded up the gut half a dozen times in a row - ha ha

so now we're stocked up on offense and ready to unleash hell on a Saturday night - woo-hoo!

30 pts or bust!

Dwinsgames
08-23-2013, 11:03 AM
hey he has speed ....

problem is he fumbles a ton and can't stay healthy .....

he may be part of a solution but he is not the solution

Hindes204
08-23-2013, 11:09 AM
What was the knock on him? Fumbles? Health?

Looks like he had 12 fumbles with 7 lost in 6 years (5 really with over 100 rush attempts).

- - - Updated - - -

haha.

I hope we lead the league in rushing this year. I'm gonna bust your cookies every chance I get. :chuckle:

the knock on him? Well, they call him Fragile Felix, so I'm sure you can figure it out

Dwinsgames
08-23-2013, 11:12 AM
don't put all your eggs in the Felix basket , he will be sure to drop it , trip over it and hurt himself

salamander
08-23-2013, 11:23 AM
I do not like this move at all.

Seven
08-23-2013, 11:39 AM
I think this is a good move for us. Things weren't looking good for Robinson and Jones brings some legitimate talent to the backfield.

Dwinsgames
08-23-2013, 11:45 AM
Things weren't looking good for Robinson

no they where not , and I had high hopes for him , he showed some very nice flashes in camp last year ... this year he looked like he regressed ... so the way I see it this move cost us nothing because Robinson probably was not going to make the team anyways ...

that being said I am not certain Felix Jones will make the team either he was 4th on the depth chart in Philly and no lock to make their roster and his time will be limited to learn the system and prove his worth here

86WARD
08-23-2013, 12:19 PM

Last time a guy came in from the Eagles and wore sweats the Steelers won a Super Bowl...I'm good with that!!

NJarhead
08-23-2013, 12:21 PM
don't put all your eggs in the Felix basket , he will be sure to drop it , trip over it and hurt himself

:rofl2: well damn!

tube517
08-23-2013, 12:29 PM
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Labriola-on-trade-for-Jones/a161b3cd-1ef0-4f9b-b9d4-017e33403dce?SportsRoadhouse.com%2FSteelers=

don't put all your eggs in the Felix basket , he will be sure to drop it , trip over it and hurt himself Are we talking about Gilbert? :chuckle:

steelreserve
08-23-2013, 12:35 PM
Am guessing this is probably so the "real" RBs who are banged up can take it easy in the last couple preseason games. Although if he shows anything at all, good for us.

Who knows. It's not like Dwyer or Batch has shown much either, so I'd say this guy has as good a shot as anyone at rounding out the roster.

Shoes
08-23-2013, 01:40 PM

...........plus a change in scenery can do wonders for the motivation of a body.

st33lersguy
08-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Of course this is a guy who despite being drafted in the first round in Dallas, never cracked the starting line-up in 5 years with the Cowboys despite the fact that the Cowboys never had a viable feature back in that span. He also has durability issues. Not to mention they already have their scat back Stephens-Howling

venom
08-23-2013, 02:33 PM
Jones ?? Isn't Michael Turner still out there ?

polamalubeast
08-23-2013, 02:36 PM
Jones ?? Isn't Michael Turner still out there ?

Michael Turner was terrible last year....he is now too slow

The running game of the Falcons were worse than the steelers last year!!!!!!

HollywoodSteel
08-23-2013, 02:49 PM
Of course this is a guy who despite being drafted in the first round in Dallas, never cracked the starting line-up in 5 years with the Cowboys despite the fact that the Cowboys never had a viable feature back in that span. He also has durability issues. Not to mention they already have their scat back Stephens-Howling

That's not exactly true. When Jones was drafted the Cowboys had Barber, who had just come off a great year and was supposed to be the featured back with Jones complimenting his power with speed. In his rookie year Jones showed flashes of greatness, but I believe he broke his leg and hasn't been the same since.

I remember that year's Hard Knocks was the Cowboys, and they showed Jerry Jones making the choice to take Felix Jones over Mendy. His rational was that they didn't need an every down back because they had Barber, and Jones would fit better in the role they needed. Funny how we ended up with both Mendy and Jones... at different times.

steel striker
08-23-2013, 03:02 PM
Jones is a good back when healthy and, he can do it all. Block/catch passes/Run.

katmandu
08-23-2013, 03:07 PM
Not a good news for Dwyer or/and RedmanBUT !

This is GOOD news for Sean Spence to make a come back THIS year! :rockon:

tube517
08-23-2013, 03:15 PM
Insurance in case LaSH redman and bell have nagging injuries

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4

Chidi29
08-23-2013, 03:18 PM
I watched him play in Arkansas behind DMac, he's got some talent

That was a long time ago by a running back's standards.

Still mulling over what this move means. If we cut Batch and when Bell comes back, are we going to potentially carry five running backs and no one plays on STs (if Howling doesn't return kicks)?

Do we cut Dwyer and save about 600K? And then still have three backs that have carried the ball before until Bell is healthy?

And still, don't think that Jones is a lock to make the team. If you don't look good in Chip Kelly's run heavy offense that's conducive to making backs look good, you're probably not going to hack it anywhere else.

And there's only so much time to evaluate him....

HollywoodSteel
08-23-2013, 03:58 PM

Still mulling over what this move means. If we cut Batch and when Bell comes back, are we going to potentially carry five running backs and no one plays on STs (if Howling doesn't return kicks)?

Do we cut Dwyer and save about 600K? And then still have three backs that have carried the ball before until Bell is healthy?

And still, don't think that Jones is a lock to make the team. If you don't look good in Chip Kelly's run heavy offense that's conducive to making backs look good, you're probably not going to hack it anywhere else.

Does Chip Kelly run a zone blocking scheme? If Jones has any cut back ability left after his injuries he might do alright... but of course that's glass half full thinking.

Psycho Ward 86
08-23-2013, 04:03 PM
speaking of glass. felix jones' legs

Chidi29
08-23-2013, 04:18 PM
Does Chip Kelly run a zone blocking scheme? If Jones has any cut back ability left after his injuries he might do alright... but of course that's glass half full thinking.

I've watched a decent bit of his offense but I really haven't paid much attention to their blocking scheme. But Kelly's offense lets running backs run free by reading the defense and working off that. If Kelly doesn't think he'll succeed, then probably no one can work with him at this point.

I'm just assuming here but is it safe to say that the Eagles have been following Robinson since he came out of the draft? Being a Temple guy, did they have a pre-draft visit with him as one of the guys that don't count against your 30?

Chidi29
08-23-2013, 04:46 PM
And remember HS, it's not like we're running outside zone every single play. I think Bicknell has estimated it as a quarter of the time. There's still a healthy does of Power O and base blocks.

KeiselPower99
08-23-2013, 06:08 PM
I think all this means is we needed another running back for Kansas City. Robinson wasnt gonna make the team ahead of Carter. Thats as far as Im reading into this trade.

ALLD
08-23-2013, 06:28 PM
I remember when the Dolphins swapped their RB Sammie Smith who fumbled all the time to the Broncos for their RB who fumbled all the time. Both RBs were out of the NFL at the end of the season.

Psycho Ward 86
08-23-2013, 06:54 PM
I think all this means is we needed another running back for Kansas City. Robinson wasnt gonna make the team ahead of Carter. Thats as far as Im reading into this trade.

or chris carter wasnt good enough trade bait for the eagles to give up felix jones

Chidi29
08-23-2013, 07:19 PM
or chris carter wasnt good enough trade bait for the eagles to give up felix jones

I still don't get what the coaches see in Carter. Only thing he has is that he's quick off the edge. No moves and gets washed vs the run.

Jaucer
08-23-2013, 08:50 PM
Is this a joke? Adrian Robinson has showed some talent and potential in camp and I thought he did well, especially in the Giants game. Felix Jones on the other hand stinks and he has shown nothing in the pros. He is a 1st round draft bust who has shown less in his NFL career than both Redman and Dwyer. Is Pittsburgh trying to lead the NFL in backup quality RBs on the roster?
My thoughts exactly. When I heard this I was like WTF. Trade a promising young LB for a injury prone, which we already have plenty of on the team, so-so RB. IMHO this move weakened the team.

Spike
08-23-2013, 09:01 PM
speaking of RB's

Eddie Lacy looking like a dog against Seattle - 3 straight rushes 0 yds, 0 yrds, 0 yrds

Seven
08-23-2013, 09:30 PM
no they where not , and I had high hopes for him , he showed some very nice flashes in camp last year ... this year he looked like he regressed ... so the way I see it this move cost us nothing because Robinson probably was not going to make the team anyways ...

that being said I am not certain Felix Jones will make the team either he was 4th on the depth chart in Philly and no lock to make their roster and his time will be limited to learn the system and prove his worth here

Yeah, it's unfortunate about Robinson. I would have rather seen him make the team than Carter but I don't think that was going to happen. Jones is definitely not a lock to make the roster but he gives the staff more options. They can cut Dwyer and Batch now if they want. I could see them going into the season with Redman, Stephens-Howling and Jones carrying the load until Bell is back.

Chidi29
08-23-2013, 09:36 PM

Disagree with that. This wasn't a move to add another body. You don't trade for a "name" player just to have him fill space for two weeks. You go out and sign a street FA like we did in Jeremy Wright. And we still have multiple backs. I'm assuming one or two of LSH/Batch/Redman will play and then you have Alexander and Wright.

Now I still believe Jones is no lock but he's here to push Dwyer and Batch.

Dwinsgames
08-24-2013, 12:20 AM
the thing is , if you offer no signing bonus to a guy this time of year and they fail to make the team at final cut down they are not costing you anything anyways ... that is why I really do not understand not kicking the tired on McGahee ... who cares if you are looking for a starter or a backup if you are unemployed and in the final year or two of your playing career ...sign a deal go to work and show you still have what it takes , proving your worth most times will get you on the field esp with a team not happy with the incumbents ....

maybe I look at it to much like my own work ... If I have an employee or employees I am not real happy with in terms to making it to work ( in uniform not sweats on game day ) and I have a couple other guys who are there and ready just not very good at what they do I look to improve the situation not get insurance for the guys I already know I either can not count on or am not happy with the performance they give ... if that means hiring a guy who can do the job better and is more reliable at the same time then that is what I do as an employer ...

a couple things can happen doing it this way .... ( all good )

1) it lights a fire under the asses of the guys you already have to be ready to work and work harder to be more productive

2) it becomes clearer that the guys you have either just do not have IT or do not want to work hard enough to obtain IT ...

in either case you are better for the process and can make adjustments accordingly ...

I just see no benefit other than having an extra warm body around with the Jones deal ... this is a guy who could not take a job away from Marion Barber after it was clear Barber was washed up , this is a guy who could not hold off a rookie for the job he was hired to do 4 years prior ... this is a guy who has not had 1 healthy season in the league in 6 years .... this is a guy who spends as much time in the tub as on the practice field ... this is a guy who finds himself 4th on the depth chart in Philly behind guys like Polk UDFA and Brown ( 476 yards rushing as a collegiate and 7th round draft pick ) when Jones was the 22nd overall pick 6 years ago .....

just sayin Jones is NOT a guy I would want to have to rely on http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/ok.gif

86WARD
08-24-2013, 05:35 AM
the thing is , if you offer no signing bonus to a guy this time of year and they fail to make the team at final cut down they are not costing you anything anyways ... that is why I really do not understand not kicking the tired on McGahee ... who cares if you are looking for a starter or a backup if you are unemployed and in the final year or two of your playing career ...sign a deal go to work and show you still have what it takes , proving your worth most times will get you on the field esp with a team not happy with the incumbents ....

maybe I look at it to much like my own work ... If I have an employee or employees I am not real happy with in terms to making it to work ( in uniform not sweats on game day ) and I have a couple other guys who are there and ready just not very good at what they do I look to improve the situation not get insurance for the guys I already know I either can not count on or am not happy with the performance they give ... if that means hiring a guy who can do the job better and is more reliable at the same time then that is what I do as an employer ...

a couple things can happen doing it this way .... ( all good )

1) it lights a fire under the asses of the guys you already have to be ready to work and work harder to be more productive

2) it becomes clearer that the guys you have either just do not have IT or do not want to work hard enough to obtain IT ...

in either case you are better for the process and can make adjustments accordingly ...

I just see no benefit other than having an extra warm body around with the Jones deal ... this is a guy who could not take a job away from Marion Barber after it was clear Barber was washed up , this is a guy who could not hold off a rookie for the job he was hired to do 4 years prior ... this is a guy who has not had 1 healthy season in the league in 6 years .... this is a guy who spends as much time in the tub as on the practice field ... this is a guy who finds himself 4th on the depth chart in Philly behind guys like Polk UDFA and Brown ( 476 yards rushing as a collegiate and 7th round draft pick ) when Jones was the 22nd overall pick 6 years ago .....

just sayin Jones is NOT a guy I would want to have to rely on http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/ok.gif

One reason you might not sign a guy like
mcGahee yet would he if he's on the roster come week one, his salary is guaranteed...it benefits them to sit and wait...IF...they wanted to kick the tires.

ALLD
08-24-2013, 07:28 AM
We should have traded Robinson for Adrian Petersen.

steeldawg
08-24-2013, 07:36 AM
Well I honestly would rather see jones toting the rock in bell's absence over dwyer. Jones gives you that big play threat and is good receiving out of the backfield.

fansince'76
08-24-2013, 08:28 AM
Well I honestly would rather see jones toting the rock in bell's absence over dwyer. Jones gives you that big play threat and is good receiving out of the backfield.

Agreed. Dwyer can't catch for shit. And I think Ben is seriously going to need that check down with the way the line has been pass blocking.

ALLD
08-24-2013, 12:14 PM
Agreed. Dwyer can't catch for shit. And I think Ben is seriously going to need that check down with the way the line has been pass blocking.

That's not pass blocking, that's >

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1Iks7Sn6mfQ/SKw_F6mHyQI/AAAAAAAAACY/w0XcAbHTg1k/s400/ss.jpg

Nadroj 20
08-24-2013, 12:40 PM
It gives us another option. I like it. Let's see what he's got. They obviously have issues with Dwyer if they are bring Jones in and now it looks like LSH has the injury bug. Jones is almost a Dwyer, LSH combination.

Spike
08-28-2013, 04:10 PM
speaking of RB's........another tidbit

Le'Veon Bell already out of his walking boot

Perhaps Bell really didn't sustain a Lisfranc injury after all. His ability to ditch the boot just nine days after his injury suggests that he's fine structurally. Now the process of healing the ligaments torn during his mid-foot sprain begins. The Steelers have declined to release a timetable, only saying Bell is out indefinitely.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/267646/leveon-bell-already-out-of-his-walking-boot

salamander
08-29-2013, 07:51 PM
I do not like this move at all.

I'm starting to change my mind on Jones. He isn't looking too bad so far.

steeldawg
08-30-2013, 05:44 AM
Jone has a lot of talent if he can stay healthy he would be a huge upgrade of dwyer on our roster.

Master Blaster
08-30-2013, 07:32 AM

According to Dale Lolley the running backs will be Bell, Redman, L.S.H., Jones and Will Johnson. He said that Jones made Dwyer expendible. He went on to say that he thinks that Colbert should be on the phone looking to trade Dwyer and considering the Giants just lost a R.B. with a broken leg Colbert should contact them about taking Dwyer for a draft pick. I agree with Lolley because the Steelers would get value from a trade instead of nothing by cutting him.

86WARD
08-30-2013, 09:00 AM
Redman would look really good in Giants Blue!!

polamalubeast
08-30-2013, 01:12 PM
Adrian Robinson is cut by Eagles....

Psycho Ward 86
08-30-2013, 01:38 PM
Adrian Robinson is cut by Eagles....

boy, thats really saying something. that is a terrible LB corp over there in Philly

Dwinsgames
08-30-2013, 01:45 PM
boy, thats really saying something. that is a terrible LB corp over there in Philly

to be fair he did not have time to learn the system and from what I understand they jump back n forth between 3-4 and 4-3 alignments fairly often

Spike
08-30-2013, 01:46 PM
so we got something for nothing