PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin "optimistic" regarding Bell's foot injury

polamalubeast
08-22-2013, 12:13 PM
By Gerry Dulac / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Coach Mike Tomlin said today that rookie running back Le'Veon Bell has a mid-foot sprain in his right foot, but the injury is not as severe as initially feared and he is "optimistic and encouraged" how Bell's foot has responded.

Tomlin said Bell would not play in Saturday night's preseason game against the Kansas City Chiefs at Heinz Field, but would not speculate on a possible return date.

But he said Bell does not need surgery and that the injury is not a Lisfranc sprain similar to the one incurred tight end Matt Spaeth two weeks ago. Spaeth had surgery to repair the tear and will be out at least eight to 10 weeks.

"We are optimistic and encouraged how it has developed over the last 48 and 72 hours, doing some things without discomfort," Tomlin said. "All those things are positive.

"We don't have a long range schedule [for his return]. We'll treat it conservatively with rehab and declare him out this week. But in the big scheme of things, that is encouraging news."

Asked if Bell would be ready for the regular-season opener against Tennessee, Tomlin said, "I hadn't asked. It's just great to hear that it is what it is. It's perking up day by day."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/tomlin-optimistic-regarding-bells-foot-injury-700373/#ixzz2cidpKBNq

Spike
08-22-2013, 12:21 PM
woo-hoo!

he said Bell does not need surgery and that the injury is not a Lisfranc sprain

my chicken sacrifices are working!

NJarhead
08-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Great news.

steelreserve
08-22-2013, 12:39 PM
That's great news. I really feared the worst with this one. When I saw this, I was so excited I ran outside and slapped a guy with a fish.

Spike
08-22-2013, 12:43 PM
slap another one for me

LeVeon Bell ‏@L_Bell26 27m
I'm truly blessed to be able to see this beautiful day! I'm GRATEFULL!

https://twitter.com/L_Bell26

fansince'76
08-22-2013, 01:14 PM
The second-round draft pick already is doing some exercising, Tomlin said. He also said that the 6-to-8 week time frame that has been mentioned as likely for Bell never came from anyone associated with the Steelers.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/4569978-74/tomlin-bell-foot#ixzz2ciqe7KLb

Really getting tired of media-fabricated bullshit...

Shoes
08-22-2013, 02:36 PM
Great news!

tube517
08-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Jive ass media

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4

steelreserve
08-22-2013, 03:32 PM
slap another one for me

OK, I did. Different guy, same fish. I hope that's OK.

Other than that, the news basically makes me feel like the guy in my avatar.

Spike
08-22-2013, 04:07 PM
btw - a time frame for his return was never given by the Steelers ...and they still haven't...he could be ready by Week 1

The second-round draft pick already is doing some exercising, Tomlin said. He also said that the 6-to-8 week time frame that has been mentioned as likely for Bell never came from anyone associated with the Steelers.

“All I can (say) at this point is we will treat it conservatively, the rehabilitation, and we can declare him out for this week. But, in the big scheme of things, that is encouraging news,” Tomlin said.

“It's great to hear that it is what it is, a mid-foot sprain and that it's perking up day by day. … The next time I get with the doctors, coming out of this next football game, I'll get more information regarding where he is.”

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/4569978-74/tomlin-bell-foot#ixzz2ciqe7KLb

steel9guy
08-22-2013, 10:06 PM
Love how Tomlin replied when asked about Bell being out 6-8 weeks, "sometimes guys throw lines in the water just to see if something sticks."

tube517
08-22-2013, 10:09 PM
Love how Tomlin replied when asked about Bell being out 6-8 weeks, "sometimes guys throw lines in the water just to see if something sticks."

:tomlinism: :chuckle:

Spike
08-23-2013, 09:47 AM
:tomlinism:

I think he got his lines mixed up