PDA

View Full Version : Steelers’ rookies impress in defeat

stillers4me
08-22-2013, 05:30 AM
If the Steelers (http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/) are rebuilding, they may have many of the tools and parts to get the job done.

On a night when the mistake-plagued Steelers dropped to 0-2 in the preseason with a 24-13 loss to the Washington Redskins at FedEx Field, coach Mike Tomlin watched many of his young players — including first-round pick Jarvis Jones — deliver big plays.

Jones, splitting time with Jason Worilds at right outside linebacker, forced a fumble when he muscled his way into the Washington backfield. He stripped the ball from running back Keiland Williams at the Steelers' 23 where cornerback Ike Taylor recovered....................

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/4558983-74/game-jones-steelers#ixzz2ch02tuYx

Spike
08-22-2013, 06:46 AM
so the press finally admits we're in a re-building year

that's a first

NJarhead
08-22-2013, 06:55 AM
so the press finally admits we're in a re-building year

that's a first

Oh? "If the Steelers are rebuilding, they may have many of the tools and parts to get the job done."

As in, "IF" my Aunt had balls, she'd be my Uncle.

Spike
08-22-2013, 07:26 AM
Impress who?

I only saw one chest-bump and a couple woo-hoo's from Tomlin on the sidelines, and that was in pregame, so it wasn't him, even though they are trying to impy that - not sure who they are talking about being impressed.

isn't it only the coaches who matter?

just another fluff piece - gotta keep them chins up

Spike
08-22-2013, 07:41 AM
a better look at "the defeat"

Steelers' offensive line cause for concern

Perhaps the only positive to come out of the second preseason game was that franchise quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is still healthy. That’s saying something. Roethlisberger was under siege during his one half of work and was eventually sacked twice. In all, the Steelers have surrendered nine sacks in two games.

“We’re not going to make any excuses about our pass pro,” said Foster. “We’ll be better in that department.”

Foster’s confidence is rooted in that the Steelers will game-plan, at least the first half, as they would in the regular season.

“It’s early enough where we can fix stuff,” he said. “It’s good that we have a preseason. It’s good, but time will soon be running out."

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/st...902a88053.html

Texasteel
08-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Oh? "If the Steelers are rebuilding, they may have many of the tools and parts to get the job done."

As in, "IF" my Aunt had balls, she'd be my Uncle.

I saw the same thing, IF, and if it turns out that this is a rebuilding year, fine. I was also impressed with most of the rookie play, not surprised, but impressed. I know my opinion is not important to the team, but it is important to me. I have watched this team, rebuild, reload, and just more on to the next year, since 1974, there is no guaranties that this will be a good year, or a bad year. I believe this year will turn out fine, but if it doesn't, I will live with it, and watch the Steelers work their way back to the top of the league. IMO, that is what fans do, that or just give up.