PDA

View Full Version : Clark: Steelers must turn things around now

polamalubeast
08-21-2013, 06:52 AM
The Steelers almost always do the preseason right. This time they're not, and it greatly concerns a player who usually doesn't worry about games that don't count.

It's not the losses that are bothering safety Ryan Clark — the starters sometimes don't even know the final score immediately after a game. What he dislikes are the errors — by the offense, defense and special teams — and the lack of cohesion, consistency and, it appears, chemistry.

Too many penalties, too many blown assignments, too many wasted opportunities, too much wrong occurring in so little on-field time by the regulars in similar losses to the Giants (18-13) and Redskins (24-13).

“This next game is important,” Clark said. “I know people always talk about the all-important third preseason game. But I think for us and the way we played, not capitalizing on the other team's mistakes, continuing to make mistakes ourselves, it's important that we clean it up.”

The Steelers don't look like the Steelers normally look entering their third and most critical exhibition game, Saturday night against the Chiefs at Heinz Field.

The Steelers traditionally excel during the preseason. Until this summer, they hadn't lost more than one game per preseason while going 19-6 in exhibition play during coach Mike Tomlin's seven years on the job.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/4558981-74/preseason-game-steelers#ixzz2cbUNyYni
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

Count Steeler
08-21-2013, 06:05 PM
Record doesn't matter, but, like Clark said, there has to be cohesion. Discipline looks to be lacking again. It is early, but I would have figured penalties, and dumb ones at that, would have been addressed the first day of OTAs and through training camp. So far, the on field performance has been sub-par.

ALLD
08-22-2013, 08:02 AM
The offense is dreadful. The first team has yet to score a TD.

Spike
08-22-2013, 08:17 AM
Steelers’ Ryan Clark “Interning” With ESPN

If only ever ESPN intern got to appear on camera. Outspoken Steelers Safety Ryan Clark, whose career may be nearing its end, is currently some sort of intern with the Worldwide Leader and will pop in several segments on your TV screen this week. Said his boss: ”I can’t tell you how impressed I am about how proactive he has been with us.”

http://blogs.phillymag.com/the_philly_post/2013/05/06/steelers-ryan-clark-interning-espn/

steel striker
08-22-2013, 08:18 AM
The o-line really concerns me because, Ben has no time to throw the ball. Maybe they can get things together but, I know it takes time to become a strong unit. We see what happens the next game against KC but, for now they either get beat or get a holding call. Just too many mistakes from special teams & o-line.