PDA

View Full Version : Should have drafted Eddie Lacy

Iron Steeler
08-19-2013, 07:52 PM
Yup I'm gonna say it this early . He is to brittle to be a bell cow back . Not impressed at all . (Sighhhh)
i hope I am wrong though.

Psycho Ward 86
08-19-2013, 08:03 PM
thats really ironic because the reason we took eddie lacy off of our draft board is because he was a brittle bell cow (fused toe).

Heinz Hitman
08-19-2013, 08:13 PM
He is looking like Fragile Fred Taylor so far. Of course, it is super early in his career, but at the same time it is definitely not a good way to start it. Oh, and our line sucks too. Could be a long season....

X-Terminator
08-19-2013, 08:18 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but has Bell taken a snap yet?

No?

Then how the hell do you know what you have if you haven't seen him on the field yet?

Nadroj 20
08-19-2013, 08:18 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but has Bell taken a snap yet?

No?

Then how the hell do you know what you have if you haven't seen him on the field yet?

He ran the ball 4 times tonight and got hurt.

X-Terminator
08-19-2013, 08:24 PM
He ran the ball 4 times tonight and got hurt.

Oh. Well then, forget I said that.

Iron Steeler
08-19-2013, 08:26 PM
Ughh

Nadroj 20
08-19-2013, 08:26 PM
Oh. Well then, forget I said that.

Well, still a little true because it was only 4 carries. He didn't do anything on those 4 carries at all but I'm not worried about that part quite yet.

I am a bit worried over durability especially since it's a foot injury now and not the knee. (Which would have been bad enough)

st33lersguy
08-19-2013, 08:36 PM
Bell so far looks like garbage

Psycho Ward 86
08-19-2013, 08:37 PM
not going to be too worried until it directly affects his playing time in the regular season. everyone magically becomes injury prone in the preseason, especially when theyre likely starters in waiting. This is the time of year that people are prudent about even the slightest possibility of anything serious

86WARD
08-19-2013, 08:50 PM
Gradkowski just almost killed by O-Line...Bell has no shot at life...lol.

steeldawg
08-19-2013, 09:11 PM
we don't know that bell couldn't return because of the injury, it is possible tomlin saw him roll an ankle or something and said we are not gonna put you back you in. Bell was on the bench in his pads that's not typical of a player who was injured.

LLT
08-19-2013, 09:23 PM
not going to be too worried until it directly affects his playing time in the regular season.

This.

Its the pre-season.

Seven
08-19-2013, 09:42 PM
What has Lacy done to make you think he's going to have a better career than Bell to this point?

tube517
08-19-2013, 10:19 PM
2nd preseason game and Bell is a bust. Ben sucks. Haley Sucks. Tomlin's jive coaching sucks.

I heard pitchforks are 2 for 1 at Lowe's. :chuckle:

Dwinsgames
08-19-2013, 10:31 PM
a little to soon for me to be comfortable calling someone a wasted pick , but there is a reason for concern on durability ...

he was visibly limping , that being said it has been tabbed as a mid foot sprain , that could be very minor or severe when they first happen they all hurt like hell but if mild 5 min later you never knew it happened ...so could be precautionary removal from the game or could be a ongoing issue ...

point is we just do not know at this time and until we do we should wait and see before sayin wasted pick IMO

it is cause for concern because we do not know

Psycho Ward 86
08-19-2013, 10:38 PM
a little to soon for me to be comfortable calling someone a wasted pick , but there is a reason for concern on durability ...

he was visibly limping , that being said it has been tabbed as a mid foot sprain , that could be very minor or severe when they first happen they all hurt like hell but if mild 5 min later you never knew it happened ...so could be precautionary removal from the game or could be a ongoing issue ...

point is we just do not know at this time and until we do we should wait and see before sayin wasted pick IMO

it is cause for concern because we do not know

wtf that bad? where does it say he has a foot sprain?

one side only
08-19-2013, 10:49 PM
mid foot; translation: Lisfranc.

Seven
08-19-2013, 11:03 PM
mid foot; translation: Lisfranc.

I hope not. That Liz Frank is such a bitch :chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
08-19-2013, 11:15 PM
im not finding Dwinsgames self diagnosis of it being a mid-foot sprain anywhere...please tell me its not true folks

Seven
08-20-2013, 03:52 AM
im not finding Dwinsgames self diagnosis of it being a mid-foot sprain anywhere...please tell me its not true folks

I can't post the links from here but a number of sites have reported it as a mid foot sprain. Nicepickcowher, timesonline, beforeitsnews, rotoworld. Nothing from anywhere more substantial yet, but those sites have reported it.

Spike
08-20-2013, 04:12 AM
Le'Veon Bell suffers right mid-foot sprain

Updating a previous item, Le'Veon Bell was diagnosed with a right mid-foot sprain following Monday night's preseason game against the Redskins.
(MRI Tuesday)

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/369663415150993409

Mistah Q
08-20-2013, 04:32 AM
Should have picked Arthur Brown to play ILB and signed Ahmad Bradshaw.

I like Le'Veon Bell. But tell me that wouldn't have been bloody sweet.

Spike
08-20-2013, 04:40 AM
3 games in 10 days - might as well let Dwyer get the shit torn out of him behind this sieve of an O-line before the real games start

Seven
08-20-2013, 05:00 AM
Should have picked Arthur Brown to play ILB and signed Ahmad Bradshaw.

I like Le'Veon Bell. But tell me that wouldn't have been bloody sweet.

Not a big fan of Arthur Brown but I was in favor of signing Bradshaw at the time and still think it would have been the better move. But that's easy to say right now, we still haven't even seen Bell play.

NJarhead
08-20-2013, 06:09 AM
This is hardly worthy of a discussion at this point.

Master Blaster
08-20-2013, 07:23 AM
There is no point in commenting on any individual performance by the first team Skill players because the offensive line was, well, offensive. They didn't run block well and they sure didn't pass block well at all. Gilbert was especially bad. Foster was the only lineman without a penalty. Rookie RB, Bell is fragile. He's getting an MRI on his foot today because he has a mid foot sprain. If it is determined that he has a Liz Frank injury his season is essentially over before it started. I saw a very undisciplined team, especially the offense and they had better get that sorted out before the season starts or else they will be the cellar dwellers of the division.

Mojouw
08-20-2013, 08:16 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8382/eddie-lacy

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4305/ahmad-bradshaw

All reports here in Wisco make it sound like the Pack is in love with Eddie Lacy. Meanwhile, all I am hearing about Bell is tentative signal of affection from the Pittsburgh media and now it is possible, if not likely, that he has a lis franc injury. No one should ever draft backs from the Big 10.

Psycho Ward 86
08-20-2013, 12:12 PM
fml. time to step it up again dwyer and redman

Spike
08-20-2013, 12:55 PM
I'll wait for the MRI report - just jibber jabber now

HollywoodSteel
08-20-2013, 12:55 PM
Not to get everyone around here fired up over something we don't know about yet... oh, who am I kidding? That's exactly what I'm trying to do... If Bell is out for significant time do you guys see Redman or Dwyer being the #1? Or do we go back to last year's hodgepodge of no true #1? As much as Dwyer pisses me off sometimes, now with his weight loss, and if he can hold onto the ball, he kind of seems more like a true #1 than Redman who only seems to really shine in spot duty. Or do we want to make L.S.H. a #1 and let him take that kind of pounding?

Thoughts?

HollywoodSteel
08-20-2013, 01:03 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/73558/wake-up-leveon-bell-to-get-mri-on-foot

Asked if he was frustrated in not being able to get the second-round pick going, Tomlin said, "No. I don’t get frustrated. I just deal with issues."

:tomlinism:

Spike
08-20-2013, 01:04 PM
don't worry - a few chest bumps and Tomlin will have his crew swaggering with arrogance again

NJarhead
08-20-2013, 01:21 PM
don't worry - a few chest bumps and Tomlin will have his crew swaggering with arrogance again

Do you need a friend dude? Buy you a beer or something? Let me know.

Spike
08-20-2013, 01:25 PM
Like I said - I don't blame Bell, it was obvious Haley's offense was going nowhere

nobody was running behind that sieve of an O-line in that abortion of an offense Haley has concocted

when your Pro-Bowl center is getting rag-dolled all night you know you are in trouble

in the immortal words of Michel Therrien

“dey soff”

Psycho Ward 86
08-20-2013, 05:02 PM
Like I said - I don't blame Bell, it was obvious Haley's offense was going nowhere

nobody was running behind that sieve of an O-line in that abortion of an offense Haley has concocted

when your Pro-Bowl center is getting rag-dolled all night you know you are in trouble

in the immortal words of Michel Therrien

“dey soff”

you're giving a great player in barry cofield zero credit. you assume a pro bowl center should be able to manhandle any nose tackle by himself. Even a real good one. What were you saying about arrogance again...

katmandu
08-20-2013, 06:12 PM
mid foot; translation: Lisfranc....and this is how it happens.

http://www.braceability.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Lisfranc-Sports-Football-Injury.jpg

I suppose now people will start calling Bell "INJURY PRONE". :rolleyes: Like an injury like this is his fault. Typical victim blaming BS.

fansince'76
08-20-2013, 08:08 PM

You haven't seen negative yet, Le'Veon, believe me...

Shoes
08-20-2013, 08:11 PM

:toofunny: :toofunny:

NJarhead
08-21-2013, 06:31 AM

Good for him!!!!

Dwinsgames
08-21-2013, 08:14 AM
people should be more concerned with the 0-Line than who is toting the rock because it will not matter who takes the hand off if the Line does not perform up to standard ..to risk sounding cliche , it all starts up front

Spike
08-21-2013, 10:06 AM
you're giving a great player in barry cofield zero credit. you assume a pro bowl center should be able to manhandle any nose tackle by himself. .

alibi's and excuses - better stock up

http://content.animalnewyork.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/alibis-mens-fragrance.jpg

NJarhead
08-21-2013, 10:12 AM
alibi's and excuses - better stock up

You too.

Here's some cheese to go with that whine:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwui5pxBVK1r0zotko1_500.jpg

Go easy on it, it's a long season. I'd hate to see you run out before it begins.

Dwinsgames
08-21-2013, 12:25 PM
just wow to all those who are ready to throw in the towel after 2 preseason games that will not have any bearing on football in January

:panic:

yes we have looked horrid , our O-line pathetic but at the end of the day in a few weeks we get an eraser and everyone starts back at 0-0 and we go from there .....

Spike
08-21-2013, 12:31 PM
BWAhahahahaha

a little reality and all the apologists come running

here's some more reality like a swinging cold fish smack to the face....

If they try to castrate Ben again and refuse to let him throw deep we aren't going anywhere

and I am sick of hearing that crap about "b b b but we have to protect him with Dink&Dunk"

Ben missed a total of 6 games from 2007 to 2011 when BA was here.

Ben missed 3 (half that total) last year in an offense that was suppose to "protect" him.

....carry on.

NJarhead
08-21-2013, 12:57 PM
BWAhahahahaha

a little reality and all the apologists come running

here's some more reality like a swinging cold fish smack to the face....

If they try to castrate Ben again and refuse to let him throw deep we aren't going anywhere

and I am sick of hearing that crap about "b b b but we have to protect him with Dink&Dunk"

Ben missed a total of 6 games from 2007 to 2011 when BA was here.

Ben missed 3 (half that total) last year in an offense that was suppose to "protect" him.

....carry on.

That's not the logic that you think it is.

Spike
08-21-2013, 01:10 PM
if we're going 8-8 again, I want big plays and 30 pts a game - I demand entertainment

steel striker
08-21-2013, 01:17 PM
It's too early to tell for sure and, I'm willing to wait & see what happens.

NJarhead
08-21-2013, 01:21 PM
It's too early to tell for sure and, I'm willing to wait & see what happens.

Ya think? Because judging by some of the mentality here, 4 carries in a pre-season game is all you need to make an assessment. haha

Spike
08-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 11s
Steelers believe Le'Veon Bell has Lis Franc injury they r hoping will not require surgery but won't be sure until he gets it double checked

Fire fucking "run it up the gut until someone gets hurt" Haley!

steelerdude15
08-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Yup I'm gonna say it this early . He is to brittle to be a bell cow back . Not impressed at all . (Sighhhh)
i hope I am wrong though.

There isn't any reason to give up on Bell. He's been having a great camp and unfortunately has been getting injured. I think that we should give him a chance in some real games before fans start throwing in the towel and calling him a bust/injury prone player.

Spike
08-21-2013, 01:32 PM
in case you were wondering

Lisfranc Injury/Fracture (Midfoot “Sprain”)

Lisfranc (midfoot) injury is a significant injury that often has a prolonged recovery time. Fracture of the midfoot bones and/or disruption of the midfoot ligaments (Figure 1) leads to pain, swelling, and often an inability to weight-bear. During normal standing and walking the ligaments of the midfoot are subject to forces that are 2-3 times body weight. These ligaments and bones must heal before normal walking can occur and this often takes a number of months. A stable Lisfranc injury (midfoot sprain) occurs when some of the midfoot ligaments are torn, but the bones and midfoot joints are undisplaced. Stable Lisfranc injuries are treated with rest, immobilization, and often a period of non-weight-bearing. A displaced Lisfranc injury is associated with significant disruption of the midfoot ligaments (displacement of the tarsometatarsal joint) and is usually treated with surgery to reposition and stabilize the joint(s) followed by prolonged immobilization.

http://www.footeducation.com/lisfranc-injury-fracture-midfoot-sprain

NJarhead
08-21-2013, 01:44 PM
in case you were wondering

Lisfranc Injury/Fracture (Midfoot “Sprain”)

Lisfranc (midfoot) injury is a significant injury that often has a prolonged recovery time. Fracture of the midfoot bones and/or disruption of the midfoot ligaments (Figure 1) leads to pain, swelling, and often an inability to weight-bear. During normal standing and walking the ligaments of the midfoot are subject to forces that are 2-3 times body weight. These ligaments and bones must heal before normal walking can occur and this often takes a number of months. A stable Lisfranc injury (midfoot sprain) occurs when some of the midfoot ligaments are torn, but the bones and midfoot joints are undisplaced. Stable Lisfranc injuries are treated with rest, immobilization, and often a period of non-weight-bearing. A displaced Lisfranc injury is associated with significant disruption of the midfoot ligaments (displacement of the tarsometatarsal joint) and is usually treated with surgery to reposition and stabilize the joint(s) followed by prolonged immobilization.

http://www.footeducation.com/lisfranc-injury-fracture-midfoot-sprain

I'm pretty sure he walked off the field on his own, so if this is the injury, it may not be the worst case. Or, it may not be this injury at all. Don't see the need to all "the sky is falling" attitudes.

- - - Updated - - -

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 11s
Steelers believe Le'Veon Bell has Lis Franc injury they r hoping will not require surgery but won't be sure until he gets it double checked

Fire fucking ]"run it up the gut until someone gets hurt"[/B] Haley!

How long have you really be a Steelers fan? Did you come to us after the "greatest show on turf" fizzled out or something?

Spike
08-21-2013, 01:54 PM
How long have you really be a Steelers fan?

since 69 when they went 1-13 - I watched all the 70's Super Bowls, and every game after that - how about you?

Bradshaw was a stupid hick with a big arm and great WR's - I always rooted for Jefferson Street Joe - never did like TB - even after all the rings

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure he walked off the field on his own, so if this is the injury, it may not be the worst case.

we could get lucky

Midfoot Sprains in NFL Players: Treatment and Severity

Return to play without surgery seen in grade 2 Lisfranc injuries

A study presented at the American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society Specialty Day found that professional football players who sustain minor midfoot sprains and are managed conservatively may return to play within 3 weeks. Results also showed that players with severe injuries underwent surgery more than 90 percent of the time.

http://www.aaos.org/news/aaosnow/apr12/clinical13.asp

NJarhead
08-21-2013, 01:56 PM
since 69 when they went 1-13 - I watched all the 70's Super Bowls, and every game after that - how about you?

Bradshaw was a stupid hick - I always rooted for Jefferson Street Joe - never did like TB - even after all the rings

Wasn't born until 71.' So you've got me by a few years (I became a fan around the 1978). The thing is, no one would/could ever be able to question my fan hood. I questioned yours because it more appears that you dislike everything about the Steelers. "Run it up the middle until someone gets hurt?" Seriously? I'll bet you were a mess during the 90's and early 2000's.

- - - Updated - - -

we could get lucky

Midfoot Sprains in NFL Players: Treatment and Severity

Return to play without surgery seen in grade 2 Lisfranc injuries

http://www.aaos.org/news/aaosnow/apr12/clinical13.asp

Yep, have to wait and see.

Spike
08-21-2013, 02:09 PM
The thing is, no one would/could ever be able to question my fan hood. I questioned yours because it more appears that you dislike everything about the Steelers. "Run it up the middle until someone gets hurt?" Seriously? I'll bet you were a mess during the 90's and early 2000's.

I don't like losing - and I'm not afraid of telling the world what I think - all the pom pom waving cheeleaders can kiss my ass

NJarhead
08-21-2013, 02:17 PM
I don't like losing - and I'm not afraid of telling the world what I think - all the pom pom waving cheeleaders can kiss my ass

I don't like losing either, but I'm also not a pom pom waver. I never thought I'd hear a Steelers fan say something derogatory about a coach who likes to run the ball north/south. That's exactly what I want to see. I'm a Steelers fan because I like physical football. I hated the "Greatest Show on Turf" and Tom Terrific and so on and so on.

LLT
08-21-2013, 03:44 PM

I'm not a pop pom waver either and not afraid to tell you what I think....you keep telling posters to kiss your ass and you are going to have a week in which you cant tell anyone...anything.

Spike
08-21-2013, 03:58 PM
ha ha

yeah - call me out for not being a TRUE fan

then, ban me

I see what kind of place this is

but "Should have drafted Lacy" is just fine

I'd ban anybody that started a thread like this - way to support your rookie RB

KeiselPower99
08-21-2013, 04:08 PM
Why draft a guy that we already had on the roster? All this means is come game 1 itll be Dwyer and LASH doing the running with some Redman thrown in. This hurts but aint the end of the world.

tube517
08-21-2013, 04:12 PM

Injury prone soft ass bust :chuckle:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4

LLT
08-21-2013, 04:13 PM
ha ha

then, ban me

I'd ban anybody that started a thread like this - way to shit all over your Steelers players

1) If you get banned its going to be due to your uncivil attitude and rude beahvior towards other posters.
2) If you dont like a thread...bring it to the attention of the mods or admin...and explain how it breaks the COC.
3) If you dont like "what kind of place this is" then you always have the option to find another home.

Personally Id rather you dialed it down and debated without the rude and condescending attitude....but thats your choice.

LLT
08-21-2013, 04:20 PM
I'd ban anybody that started a thread like this - way to shit all over your Steelers players

Be glad that we don't ban fans for talking crap about players...or for being a hypocrite

Originally posted by Spike

Bradshaw was a stupid hick with a big arm and great WR's

Spike
08-21-2013, 04:24 PM
Be glad that we don't ban fans for talking crap about players...or for being a hypocrite

BWAhahahaha - that was 30 years ago!
I stayed off the innernets then!

He's not on the team now is he?

LLT
08-21-2013, 04:26 PM
BWAhahahaha - that was 30 years ago!
I stayed off the innernets then!

He's not on the team now is he?

Whatever. You seem to think I want to debate with you...not true.

Just dial it down or youre on the outside looking in. End of discussion.

Spike
08-21-2013, 04:28 PM
see there?

all's you had to do was tell me to shut the fuck up

I can respect that

fansince'76
08-21-2013, 04:32 PM
Injury prone soft ass bust :chuckle:

This woulda never happened when Cowher was still coach! He woulda screamed at/spit on Bell's foot on the sideline until it healed! :chuckle:

LLT
08-21-2013, 04:54 PM
This woulda never happened when Cowher was still coach! He woulda screamed at/spit on Bell's foot on the sideline until it healed! :chuckle:

LOL...no self respecting ankle would have DARED to be hurt and have to face the wrath of "the Chin."

Iron Steeler
08-21-2013, 09:29 PM
ha ha

then, ban me

I'd ban anybody that started a thread like this - way to support your rookie RB

Ahh plzzz sir dontttt

I not gonna take back what I said and lets be honest with ourselves , when the the 2nd round came around and we passed on Eddie Lacy everyone was scratching their head.

As for supporting rookies, ehh In MY OPINION , I don't think they get an easy pass because they did well in college. What can you do for my favorite team the Pittsburgh Steelers. I dont cheer for the Pittsburgh Le'veon Bells or Jarvis Joness . Until your proven to contribute to better the team and prove yourself as an asset to the team thats when you get my support.

I guess you can ban me now.

PS.... Dont lie to yourself guys you all thought Eddie Lacy when we were on the clock.

Dwinsgames
08-21-2013, 09:59 PM
PS.... Dont lie to yourself guys you all thought Eddie Lacy when we were on the clock.

I didn't and that is a fact ....

Seven
08-21-2013, 10:09 PM

I was thinking ILB. I'm not a fan of taking running backs in the first few rounds of any draft. And considering Lacy ran behind the Alabama offensive line, I particularly wasn't interested in him. He's going to be Clint Ingram in my opinion. Bama tailbacks are always overrated. If you want a guy like Lacy just sign Ced Benson or Beanie Wells.

steeldawg
08-22-2013, 04:46 AM
I didn't want lacy from the start, while his running style may look great now plowing over guys in preseason those bruising backs fizzle out. I remember when Brandon Jacobs came in the league, Everyone was talking about what a beast he was same thing with marion barber. Le'veon Bell's injury was just bad timing for him not a result of being soft, lets not forget that the reason lacy fell off our board was because of injury.

NJarhead
08-22-2013, 05:56 AM
Ahh plzzz sir dontttt

I not gonna take back what I said and lets be honest with ourselves , when the the 2nd round came around and we passed on Eddie Lacy everyone was scratching their head.

As for supporting rookies, ehh In MY OPINION , I don't think they get an easy pass because they did well in college. What can you do for my favorite team the Pittsburgh Steelers. I dont cheer for the Pittsburgh Le'veon Bells or Jarvis Joness . Until your proven to contribute to better the team and prove yourself as an asset to the team thats when you get my support.

I guess you can ban me now.

Speak for yourself. Eddie Lacy had a fantastic O-Line. I LOVE the Le-Veon Bell pick. LOVE. IT.

Nadroj 20
08-22-2013, 06:54 AM
I'll admit it, I was definitely thinking Eddie Lacy.
Th most recent Alabama back had a successful rookie season on a bad team in Trent Richardson so I wouldn't label them all as overrated. I just felt Lacy was more our style historically speaking.

I was happy with getting a RB at least at the pick.

Texasteel
08-22-2013, 01:40 PM
I didn't and that is a fact ....

Neither did I. I was wondering if the Steelers agreed with me at the time. As it turned out, they did.

steel striker
08-22-2013, 01:46 PM
I hope Bell turns out to be a great RB time will tell and, I'm willing to wait and, see what happens when he finally takes the field. He must understand that the norm usually is if you are injury prone then most people won't give you the benefit of the doubt.

fansince'76
08-23-2013, 09:18 PM
8 carries, -5 yards (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20130823009). Yes, that's negative 5 yards.

Spike
08-23-2013, 09:26 PM
Eddie Lacy looking like a dog against Seattle - 3 straight rushes 0 yds, 0 yrds, 0 yrds

fansince'76
08-23-2013, 09:35 PM
Eddie Lacy looking like a dog against Seattle - 3 straight rushes 0 yds, 0 yrds, 0 yrds

The NFL is a bit different than Alabama vs. Florida Atlantic...

Seven
08-23-2013, 09:38 PM
8 carries, -5 yards (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20130823009). Yes, that's negative 5 yards.

I never got the love on Lacy. He seems like a capable runner but I think he's the type of guy who is going to get what the line gives him more often than not.

Chidi29
08-23-2013, 09:39 PM
According to a Rotoworld blurb, Lacy was running with the second team offense against Seattle's first team. So yeah, there ya go.

fansince'76
08-23-2013, 09:47 PM
According to a Rotoworld blurb, Lacy was running with the second team offense against Seattle's first team. So yeah, there ya go.

Still, minus five yards on eight carries?

Spike
08-23-2013, 09:47 PM

did you see him run?

I actually watched, Jujuan Harris was starting RB then he got hurt and Lacy was put in - he was in there for a long with the #1's O-line

GB is not a running team, they want to try, but you can tell their heart ain't in it

and Aaron Rodgers ran a 4 wide set on 3rd and short....and made it...you didn't see them run it up the gut

1st and 10 at GB 28 A.Rodgers pass short left to D.Williams to GB 36 for 8 yards (E.Thomas, K.Wright).
2nd and 2 at GB 36 (No Huddle) A.Rodgers pass incomplete deep left to J.Jones.
3rd and 2 at GB 36 (No Huddle, Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short right to J.Jones to GB 40 for 4 yards (B.Browner).
1st and 10 at GB 40 (No Huddle, Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short left to J.Jones to GB 47 for 7 yards (W.Thurmond, B.Browner).
2nd and 3 at GB 47 (No Huddle) A.Rodgers scrambles right end ran ob at SEA 49 for 4 yards (W.Thurmond). SEA-M.Bennett was injured during the play.
1st and 10 at SEA 49 D.Harris left guard to SEA 46 for 3 yards (E.Thomas).
2nd and 7 at SEA 46 (No Huddle, Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short middle to J.Finley to SEA 24 for 22 yards (K.Wright).
1st and 10 at SEA 24 (No Huddle) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short right.
2nd and 10 at SEA 24 (No Huddle) D.Harris up the middle to SEA 20 for 4 yards (B.Mebane).
3rd and 6 at SEA 20 (No Huddle, Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete deep left to J.Finley [B.Mayowa].

Seven
08-23-2013, 09:48 PM

So you like what Lacy brings to the table? Versus what Bell does for example? From our current knowledge of the players.

Chidi29
08-23-2013, 09:58 PM
So you like what Lacy brings to the table? Versus what Bell does for example? From our current knowledge of the players.

I haven't watched Lacy in a Packers uniform yet. And with how little Bell has done, it's impossible to compare the two. We don't have much knowledge of them as NFL players.

- - - Updated - - -

Still, minus five yards on eight carries?

Have you seen our RBs try to find running lanes behind a crappy second team line? It's tough sledding.

Seven
08-23-2013, 10:10 PM
I haven't watched Lacy in a Packers uniform yet. And with how little Bell has done, it's impossible to compare the two. We don't have much knowledge of them as NFL players.

Well sure, but they were drafted based upon something. As a college player I didn't think Lacy was very dynamic. I think he can potentially be a nice pro but his weight issues rival Dwyer's and I don't think there is a ton of natural talent there. He's Clint Ingram with weight issues, to me. Maybe I'll be proven wrong. But as of right now, pending his injury, I think DuJuan Harris wins that job and holds on for a while.

Chidi29
08-23-2013, 10:26 PM
Well sure, but they were drafted based upon something. As a college player I didn't think Lacy was very dynamic. I think he can potentially be a nice pro but his weight issues rival Dwyer's and I don't think there is a ton of natural talent there. He's Clint Ingram with weight issues, to me. Maybe I'll be proven wrong. But as of right now, pending his injury, I think DuJuan Harris wins that job and holds on for a while.

I didn't see enough of Lacy in college either to make an accurate opinion.

Harris just hurt his knee after missing the first two games with the same knee problems. So it's a mess at RB in Green Bay.

Dwinsgames
08-23-2013, 10:38 PM
Have you seen our RBs try to find running lanes behind a crappy second team line? It's tough sledding.

heh its tough sledding behind our first team O Line thus far

- - - Updated - - -

the same Dujuan Harris that couldn't make our final 53 a year or so ago ........

Seven
08-23-2013, 10:47 PM
the same Dujuan Harris that couldn't make our final 53 a year or so ago ........ Yep, that one. To be fair I actually thought he should have made our roster last year.
I didn't see enough of Lacy in college either to make an accurate opinion.

Harris just hurt his knee after missing the first two games with the same knee problems. So it's a mess at RB in Green Bay. Yeah, seems like that's going to be his downfall from even having the chance.

fansince'76
08-24-2013, 07:39 AM
A couple of side notes - Green bay was penalized 14 times for 182 yards last night and after 3 preseason games, their "high octane pinball machine" first string offense still has yet to score a TD.

Guess the sky is falling for them too...

polamalubeast
08-24-2013, 08:07 AM
A couple of side notes - Green bay was penalized 14 times for 182 yards last night and after 3 preseason games, their "high octane pinball machine" first string offense still has yet to score a TD.

Guess the sky is falling for them too...

This is the seahawks who had 182 penalty yards yesterday

Also, Rodgers only played one drive yesterday

Spike
08-24-2013, 08:09 AM
Aaron Rodgers ran a 4 wide set on 3rd and short....and made it...you didn't see them run it up the gut

1st and 10 at GB 28 A.Rodgers pass short left to D.Williams to GB 36 for 8 yards (E.Thomas, K.Wright).
3rd and 2 at GB 36 (No Huddle, Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short right to J.Jones to GB 40 for 4 yards (B.Browner).
1st and 10 at GB 40 (No Huddle, Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short left to J.Jones to GB 47 for 7 yards (W.Thurmond, B.Browner).
2nd and 3 at GB 47 (No Huddle) A.Rodgers scrambles right end ran ob at SEA 49 for 4 yards (W.Thurmond
2nd and 7 at SEA 46 (No Huddle, Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short middle to J.Finley to SEA 24 for 22 yards (K.Wright).
2nd and 10 at SEA 24 (No Huddle) D.Harris up the middle to SEA 20 for 4 yards (B.Mebane).
3rd and 6 at SEA 20 (No Huddle, Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete deep left to J.Finley [B.Mayowa].

fansince'76
08-24-2013, 08:23 AM
This is the seahawks who had 182 penalty yards yesterday

Also, Rodgers only played one drive yesterday

My bad. They still got tagged for 8 penalties for 69 yards. Sloppy.

And their first string offense still hasn't scored a TD the entire preseason.

fansince'76
08-24-2013, 08:30 AM
Aaron Rodgers ran a 4 wide set on 3rd and short....and made it...you didn't see them run it up the gut

2nd and 3 at GB 47 (No Huddle) A.Rodgers scrambles right end ran ob at SEA 49 for 4 yards (W.Thurmond

Bet they didn't try any draws on 3rd-and-18 either.

polamalubeast
08-24-2013, 08:58 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/24/packers-rookie-running-backs-total-4-yards-on-12-carries/

SteelerFanInStl
08-24-2013, 09:39 AM
What little I saw of the game with Lacy, Seattle was pretty much playing run all the way because Harrell was in at QB. 8 or 9 guys in the box with a lousy GB OL and none of the RBs had anywhere to run. Kind of like our OL has been in the preseason.

I'm not gonna judge any of these RBs (including Bell) on what they're doing currently.

Nadroj 20
08-24-2013, 09:52 AM
What little I saw of the game with Lacy, Seattle was pretty much playing run all the way because Harrell was in at QB. 8 or 9 guys in the box with a lousy GB OL and none of the RBs had anywhere to run. Kind of like our OL has been in the preseason.

I'm not gonna judge any of these RBs (including Bell) on what they're doing currently.

I agree with this. Even without all the points you just made, Seattle has the best defense in the NFL in my opinion.

Spike
08-24-2013, 10:35 AM
Packers’ rookie running backs total -4 yards on 12 carries

The first time Lacy got the ball, he went for 11 yards, but it was called back by a holding penalty. After that, these were the gains on the rest of his runs: 3, 2, 1, 0, 0, -3, -2, -6. That’s a total of negative five yards on eight carries. That’s not good.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/24/packers-rookie-running-backs-total-4-yards-on-12-carries/

---------------------

{crickets} on Sportscenter and the NFL channel - after they hyped him all week

fansince'76
09-22-2014, 12:10 AM
Still think we should've taken Lacy? :chuckle:

Edman
09-22-2014, 12:18 AM
Eddie Lacy is a good "bellcow" back, But it's clear right now that Le'Veon Bell is a more complete player who can take over a game. Something the Steelers have lacked since Bettis in his prime.

Le'Veon Bell is a special guy, that's for sure.

Iron Steeler
09-22-2014, 10:01 AM
Lol ! In laughing someone brought this back up ... Hey I did say I hope I was wrong ! Levy looks great just keep his mind on football

fansince'76
09-22-2014, 10:05 AM
Lol ! In laughing someone brought this back up ... Hey I did say I hope I was wrong ! Levy looks great just keep his mind on football

No worries - I only bumped it in jest. :chuckle:

polamalubeast
09-22-2014, 02:45 PM

LOL...This is funny!!!!

ALLD
09-22-2014, 03:33 PM
The Buccaneers said Bell couldn't run 100 yards if he was at a track meet.

Mojouw
09-22-2014, 08:15 PM
I think they just told Bell and Blount that there was weed growing in all the endzones around the NFL.

st33lersguy
09-22-2014, 08:18 PM
Even if Lacy does turn out to be a stud, really hard to complain about Bell being selected if he continues his production

GBMelBlount
09-22-2014, 08:39 PM
I think they just told Bell and Blount that there was weed growing in all the endzones around the NFL.

:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

The Buccaneers said Bell couldn't run 100 yards if he was at a track meet.

I hope that was tweet.