PDA

View Full Version : Me Being Selfish

Chidi29
08-14-2013, 08:43 PM
And probably not the right forum!

Anyway, at the risk of sounding like I have an ego, I wanted to share with you guys that I was hired to write for Steelers Depot today. Obviously, I'm really excited about what I hope is a long term thing, as is their goal.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to post my game thoughts and other content directly on this forum. Of course, I'll still link them but I'm obligated to write everything exclusively for them.
But obviously, I'll still be on here talking with you guys and all that fun stuff.

I also wanted to take the time and not just toot my own stupid horn. But to thank all of you, especially the Admins (Gary & Eric) for making this such a great site and for your encouragement/feedback for the content I've put on here. I really am thankful for it and appreciate it more than you'll ever know.

Hopefully this is the start of something really cool.

:drink:

- Chidi

vader29
08-14-2013, 08:48 PM
Congrats Chidi!

X-Terminator
08-14-2013, 08:51 PM
That is awesome, Alex! Congrats - I'm sure your work for the other sports site got you noticed by SD. I'd like to say they've read this forum and seen your posts, but that would be selfish and patting ourselves on the back. :chuckle:

KeiselPower99
08-14-2013, 08:53 PM
Congrats. I like that site and cant wait to read your stuff.

Dwinsgames
08-14-2013, 08:54 PM
congrats , this is the second time in two days I have heard this news .... ( two separate people getting hired to write on Steelers football on two separate sites )

I wanted to let you guys know I resigned from Rant a few days ago because I was offered and accepted a paid position as the new featured columnist for the Pittsburgh Steelers for Bleacher Report. I am so excited to get started with this next stage in my career. Really looking forward to covering the Steelers all season long.

hopefully Bleacher report returns of its early days now with an influx of new writers , as it used to be a really good site ...

best of luck to both of you !!

7SteelGal43
08-14-2013, 08:54 PM
Way to go Chidi !!!

tube517
08-14-2013, 08:56 PM
:tt03:

Congrats, Chidi and keep it up! Good luck.

Shoes
08-14-2013, 09:03 PM
Great news Alex, now go buy that pen!!! :chuckle:

LLT
08-14-2013, 09:04 PM

Anyway, at the risk of sounding like I have an ego, I wanted to share with you guys that I was hired to write for Steelers Depot today. Obviously, I'm really excited about what I hope is a long term thing, as is their goal.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to post my game thoughts and other content directly on this forum. Of course, I'll still link them but I'm obligated to write everything exclusively for them.
But obviously, I'll still be on here talking with you guys and all that fun stuff.

I also wanted to take the time and not just toot my own stupid horn. But to thank all of you, especially the Admins (Gary & Eric) for making this such a great site and for your encouragement/feedback for the content I've put on here. I really am thankful for it and appreciate it more than you'll ever know.

- Chidi

Congrats Alex....If I can help out in anyway, let me know. Always happy to exchange some phone #'s if you need them.

Chidi29
08-14-2013, 09:06 PM
Thank you all! And Perry, I'll definitely keep that offer in mind. Thanks so much.

Pristas
08-14-2013, 09:07 PM
Congrats Alex! You deserve it and Steelers Depot is a great source for us fans. I always enjoy reading their articles and now it's even better with the addition of your talents. Knock em dead.

salamander
08-14-2013, 09:11 PM
Congrats, Chidi!

LLT
08-14-2013, 09:11 PM
Thank you all! And Perry, I'll definitely keep that offer in mind. Thanks so much.

Pm me and Ill share the numbers of the active players that I have....But I fully expect you to return the favor someday!!! Deal?

stillers4me
08-14-2013, 09:30 PM
I'm so happy for you, Alex! :hug:

And we'll still get to enjoy all you articles here!

Chidi29
08-14-2013, 09:35 PM
Thank you so much Sue!!

Hindes204
08-14-2013, 10:02 PM
Very well deserved Alex!! Good luck!!

Chidi29
08-14-2013, 10:08 PM
Thank you Hindes!

Craic
08-14-2013, 10:45 PM
Congrats, that's wonderful to hear. Keep a-writing! Looking forward to hearing stuff on my Steelers that's more than "I think he sucks because like, he missed a tackle and stuff," which it seems some of the writers have devolved to. Your hard work and effort sure has shown through!

Texasteel
08-14-2013, 10:56 PM
You will always have a special in my heart, both you and LLT. I have always enjoyed what you have written for us, and could see the obvious talent that was there. It does not surprise me that someone else could see that as well. As I have always said, I see a bright future for you.

steelerdude15
08-14-2013, 11:24 PM
Congrats Alex! With you writing for the Depot, maybe it could bring some of their readers over here and we could have more members sign up.

crcsnail
08-15-2013, 12:52 AM
well done chidi . i will have to take a look at the depot now , as i always enjoyed your comments and analysis . hope it goes really well for u :)

Chidi29
08-15-2013, 02:28 AM
:Cry:

It's just something in my eye, I swear.

But seriously, you guys are the best.

TheRuneMeister
08-15-2013, 03:22 AM
'Grats. I love following Dave on twitter, and love both the terrible podcast and the site. Personally, I also love some of the 'dry' writing on th Depot such as oline breakdowns etc. Hope you guys keep that stuff coming.

Count Steeler
08-15-2013, 05:03 AM
Congratulations Alex. I am sure bigger and better things await you down the road. One step at a time.

Galax Steeler
08-15-2013, 05:09 AM
Congrats, hopefully everything will work out for you good luck.

NJarhead
08-15-2013, 06:51 AM
Congratulations Chidi. A well deserved opportunity!

Devilsdancefloor
08-15-2013, 09:32 AM
that is awesome congrats!! Will miss your breakdowns, but i suppose i can go look at it over there if you twist my arm :lol:!!

fansince'76
08-15-2013, 09:37 AM
Congrats, Alex! You're going to have a very nice résumé already started when you graduate! Just don't forget us when you start writing for SI or the Sporting News. :)

Chidi29
08-15-2013, 10:23 AM
Debut article for them.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/08/breakdown-of-steelers-lb-jarvis-jones-versus-giants/

Hindes204
08-15-2013, 10:47 AM
Debut article for them.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/08/breakdown-of-steelers-lb-jarvis-jones-versus-giants/

Went to the depot this morning before I even saw this post and noticed your name. Great breakdown of Jones, your talent, research, and dedication shines through in your writing.

Mamaduck43
08-15-2013, 11:23 AM
What exciting news!!!! Congratulations, and continued success....

Nadroj 20
08-15-2013, 11:47 AM
That is awesome Chidi! Congratulations!!

Your twitter stock should begin rising! :chuckle:

Dwinsgames
08-15-2013, 12:08 PM
still trying to figure out the thread title .... what is selfish for breaking the news to your friends ?

Chidi29
08-15-2013, 12:09 PM
still trying to figure out the thread title .... what is selfish for breaking the news to your friends ?

For taking the time out of all your busy lives to talk about me.

And I'm terrible with coming up with titles.

Dwinsgames
08-15-2013, 12:11 PM
For taking the time out of all your busy lives to talk about me.

nonsense

Chidi29
08-15-2013, 01:18 PM
Thank you all again!

Hindes204
08-15-2013, 01:18 PM
And I'm terrible with coming up with titles.

you're a writer, lmao

crcsnail
08-15-2013, 01:46 PM
liked the bit on jones . but did agree with one of comments , that it was hard to see where /who jones was on the stills sometimes. perhaps an arrow/pointer might help a bit . but like i said great read/analysis.

Chidi29
08-15-2013, 01:48 PM
liked the bit on jones . but did agree with one of comments , that it was hard to see where /who jones was on the stills sometimes. perhaps an arrow/pointer might help a bit . but like i said great read/analysis.

Yeah I really should have done that. That's my fault and I usually do indicate that with a box or something. Of course, I'm working in just Paint so I can't make it look as clean as I like.

But Jones is the ROLB at the top of the screen in all the shots.

steelreserve
08-15-2013, 01:55 PM
Hey, that's awesome. It sure beats the hell out of spending the same amount of time writing to a bunch of dumbfucks on a message board and not getting paid. Now there will be like 20x more dumbfucks reading.

Are you gonna take requests if any of us have any good ideas?

bayz101
08-15-2013, 02:59 PM
I was on the Depot this morning and immediately noticed your name. :lol:

I always looked forward to your breakdowns of games. Now i'll be seeing them on Steelers Depot.

Congratulations, Alex!

HollywoodSteel
08-15-2013, 05:59 PM
Great job, Chidi! Does it help you at all if we "like" it on the page or retweet it?

Chidi29
08-15-2013, 06:23 PM
Great job, Chidi! Does it help you at all if we "like" it on the page or retweet it?

I mean, everytime we get some more exposure, it helps like any other site. But you certainly don't have to if you don't want to.

SteelerFanInStl
08-15-2013, 07:40 PM
Congratulations! I wouldn't call that being selfish at all. That's simply being proud of your accomplishment, which you should always be.

Master Blaster
08-16-2013, 07:01 AM

- Chidi
DAYUM! Steelers Depot sure has lowered their standards, exponentially. J.K. :rockon:

Chidi29
08-16-2013, 09:57 AM
Breaking down David Paulson.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/08/breakdown-of-steelers-te-david-paulson-versus-giants/

HollywoodSteel
08-16-2013, 04:11 PM
I mean, everytime we get some more exposure, it helps like any other site. But you certainly don't have to if you don't want to.

I just don't know how it works with those kinds of sites, like if you get bonuses or whatever based on views and likes. I think we can all agree that your contributions are the kind of really great Xs and Os stuff that is hard to find on any football site, let alone one dedicated to our favorite team. I guess it's me being selfish to want more of it, so anything we can do to encourage the guys that pay you to keep you around, I'm thinking we should do. :drink:

Chidi29
08-16-2013, 07:14 PM
I just don't know how it works with those kinds of sites, like if you get bonuses or whatever based on views and likes. I think we can all agree that your contributions are the kind of really great Xs and Os stuff that is hard to find on any football site, let alone one dedicated to our favorite team. I guess it's me being selfish to want more of it, so anything we can do to encourage the guys that pay you to keep you around, I'm thinking we should do. :drink:

Nah, I don't get any bonuses for this site (though yes, you're right, some work that way). As far as I'm aware, it's a fixed amount depending on what I'm asked to do.

But thank you Hollywood! It's much appreciated.

Chidi29
08-16-2013, 08:53 PM
TC notes from what I saw today.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/08/steelers-friday-training-camp-practice-notes/

tube517
08-16-2013, 09:20 PM
TC notes from what I saw today.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/08/steelers-friday-training-camp-practice-notes/

Re: Al Woods...I liked what I saw (I didn't see much of the 1st preseason game)...is he the "next" Chris Hoke?

Chidi29
08-16-2013, 09:31 PM
Re: Al Woods...I liked what I saw (I didn't see much of the 1st preseason game)...is he the "next" Chris Hoke?

I think even better than that. Both physically and his versatility. Obviously, Hokie was just a NT.

Shoes
08-16-2013, 09:35 PM
Thanks for that, Chidi.

Dwinsgames
08-16-2013, 09:38 PM
I think even better than that. Both physically and his versatility. Obviously, Hokie was just a NT.

hard to replicate Hokes technique , he was a real technician

tihmtahm
08-17-2013, 02:30 AM
Way to go Chidi!!! I have always admired your ability to break down the plays and dissect them objectively. I haven't always agreed with what you've said (mostly because I rarely want to admit the Steelers are actually human), but I have always respected the way you convey your reasoning. Well deserved! We appreciate the links too!

Psycho Ward 86
08-17-2013, 09:00 PM
Excellent writing. Finally someone who is willing to bring an analytical style to sports writing. And a tasteful touch of humor to boot. You're only going to go up from here Alex!

I got a real kick out of some of your notes for your friday training camp article:

"Some hangtimes from Moorman and Drew Butler.
Moorman: 5.29 (a rogue wasp preventing me from hitting my stopwatch in time for another)"

"1st team offense vs 1st team defense. Gradkowski’s corner route to Brown was intercepted by Ike Taylor (seriously). Go play the Powerball tomorrow."

LOL :lol:

tube517
08-17-2013, 09:52 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/08/pleased-to-welcome-aboard-alex-kozora/

Once the Pittsburgh Steelers win the Super Bowl in February, and perhaps even sooner than that, his focus will then turn towards the draft so that he can get a head start on me.

Read more: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/08/pleased-to-welcome-aboard-alex-kozora/#ixzz2cHkALFsw
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial
Follow us: @Steelersdepot on Twitter | SteelersDepot on Facebook

Uh, Chidi's probably got an encyclopedia for the 2014 draft..... :chuckle:

Chidi29
08-18-2013, 12:08 AM
Excellent writing. Finally someone who is willing to bring an analytical style to sports writing. And a tasteful touch of humor to boot. You're only going to go up from here Alex!

I got a real kick out of some of your notes for your friday training camp article:

"Some hangtimes from Moorman and Drew Butler.
Moorman: 5.29 (a rogue wasp preventing me from hitting my stopwatch in time for another)"

"1st team offense vs 1st team defense. Gradkowski’s corner route to Brown was intercepted by Ike Taylor (seriously). Go play the Powerball tomorrow."

LOL :lol:

Ha, thanks Psycho! There was seriously five bees buzzing around where I was sitting. Miracle I didn't get stung. I used to be terrified of bees as a kid. Thank God that's over. But when the kid behind me got stung, I almost booked it. :chuckle:

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/08/pleased-to-welcome-aboard-alex-kozora/

Read more: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/08/pleased-to-welcome-aboard-alex-kozora/#ixzz2cHkALFsw
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial
Follow us: @Steelersdepot on Twitter | SteelersDepot on Facebook

Uh, Chidi's probably got an encyclopedia for the 2014 draft..... :chuckle:

Ha, I'm hoping so! Last year was really sucky for me with draft stuff. Won't get to watch much college football during the year but once the season ends, I'll have time to go at it.