PDA

View Full Version : Pens Coaches Expect Three Forwards to Make Impact in 2013-14

steelerdude15
08-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Pens Coaches Expect Three Forwards to Make Impact in 2013-14

Adam Payerl’s secret weapon was the sidearm shot. He played lacrosse during summers in his hometown of Kitchener, Ontario, and the hockey skills that made the Penguins bring him into the organization translated into a devastating sidearm from the forward spot in lacrosse.

“That was a good offseason sport,” Payerl said. “But now hockey is my main focus.”

He used his lacrosse stick to score 20 goals two summers ago playing attack for the Kitchener-Waterloo Braves. This year, the Pens could be looking to their minor leagues for the next 20-goal scorer in Pittsburgh.

Payerl, Jayson Megna and Tom Kuhnhackl became the talk of the team’s annual development camp as the forwards who could make their Pittsburgh debuts this season. Pittsburgh could skate a team if the season started tomorrow, as 13 forwards are currently on the NHL roster for 12 slots. In an 82-game season, though, the Pens will need fresh legs provided by these fresh faces.

“Over the course of the season, we feel like with the development of those players that you’re gonna have that influx of young legs, young energy that would be able to come up and help Pittsburgh,” said Wilkes-Barre/Scranton head coach John Hynes.

Read More: http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=679407&navid=DL|PIT|home

I think we could see one of these guys up with the Pens at some point this upcoming season. I think Payerl has the best chance according to this article.

salamander
08-08-2013, 07:49 PM
While they didn't put up a lot of points out here (nobody ever does for WBS), these guys were beasts on the ice. It'll be nice to see them with the big club.