PDA

View Full Version : Steelers QB Gradkowski: Ready To Help Pittsburgh Win

stillers4me
08-05-2013, 05:56 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers QB Bruce Gradkowski spends a moment with Vinnie & Cook live from training camp on Sportsradio 93.7 The Fan.

Gradkowski is a Pittsburgh native, but he is a newcomer to the Steelers. He talked about what is on his plate for the pre-season.

“I have to build that trust,” Gradkowski says. “That comes with day-in and day-out practice consistency. It’s hard through practice, because Ben’s going to get a lot of the reps to get ready. It will take time. But that’s what training camp is for.”
Just like everyone else who has observed training camp so far, Gradkowski has plenty of raves for rookie RB LeVeon Bell.......

Listen @ http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/08/05/steelers-qb-gradkowski-ready-to-help-pittsburgh-win/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

salamander
08-05-2013, 06:28 PM
While I'll have all the respect in the world for Charlie Batch, it's definitely nice to see some younger back-ups for Ben.

tube517
08-05-2013, 07:57 PM
Need to get a ring for Bruce since his Ratbird brother already has one. :chuckle:

Seven
08-05-2013, 09:05 PM
I feel pretty good about our backup situation with Bruce. Hopefully Jones shows some promise, too.

Chidi29
08-05-2013, 10:39 PM
John Parker Wilson also having a very good camp. Not going to keep all four on the roster so a decision will have to be made. Is Wilson PS eligible?

Seven
08-05-2013, 10:59 PM
John Parker Wilson also having a very good camp. Not going to keep all four on the roster so a decision will have to be made. Is Wilson PS eligible?

I don't think so. Have to check though.

- - - Updated - - -

No, he's not.

Chidi29
08-05-2013, 11:01 PM
I don't think so. Have to check though.

- - - Updated - - -

No, he's not.

Ok thanks Seven!

If Parker Wilson outplays Jones throughout camp, and he's apparently running ahead of him now, what does the team do? Try and stash him on the practice squad? Still cut Wilson? My gut would lean to the latter but it's an interesting discussion they'll have.

Seven
08-05-2013, 11:06 PM
Ok thanks Seven!

If Parker Wilson outplays Jones throughout camp, and he's apparently running ahead of him now, what does the team do? Try and stash him on the practice squad? Still cut Wilson? My gut would lean to the latter but it's an interesting discussion they'll have.

Definitely. I think you have to cut Wilson. I doubt we could get Jones to the PS but there might be a chance Wilson doesn't get picked up.

Master Blaster
08-06-2013, 07:11 AM
Gradkowski and Wilson are definitely way ahead of Landry Jones. From everything I've read, Jones is struggling, big time. He'll be lucky to make the final cuts.

TheRuneMeister
08-06-2013, 03:09 PM
I must admit that I really admired the way Gradkowski played vs. the Steelers at home. He looks like a solid backup that basically could start for a number of franchises across the league. And a local guy too. Wouldn't mind having him in the 'Batch' role for a while. JPW is very polished...even when he came out of college. Really like him. I think he lacks a bit of the 'it' factor though. Jones definately has something, and certainly some of that 'it' factor. He needs time though. A lot of time.
I don't see how you get around cutting JPW. Too bad after hearing the reports from training camp.

steelreserve
08-07-2013, 06:25 PM
If Jones isn't "getting it" right away, then forget him. The draft pick is already gone no matter which one we cut. You keep the better player, period.