PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: MLB suspends Alex Rodriguez through end of 2014 season

polamalubeast
08-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 4m
It’s official: A-Rod gets 214 games for violations of CBA and JDA. Through end of 2014.

Scott Miller ‏@ScottMCBS 4m
A-Rod officially suspended for rest of this year, postseason, all of 2014. Can play while appealing. Suspension starts Aug. 8, Thur

- - - Updated - - -

MLB ‏@MLB 3m
Alex Rodriguez suspended 211 regular season games through 2014 for violating Joint Drug Prevention & Treatment Program & Basic Agreement..

Craic
08-05-2013, 03:19 PM
IMO, that's probably the end of his career.

polamalubeast
08-05-2013, 03:26 PM
A-Rod will play tonight in Chicago!...Ouch!

It's going to be a circus

Weiner says A-Rod's appeal verdict will not come until November or December.

Count Steeler
08-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Can play while appealing. This should be fun. Some of the Jets circus is about to visit Yankee's Stadium.

Chidi29
08-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Not to get into a whole big stink about this because I'm all for punishing guys that cheat the game but that is quite the number of games to miss. I mean, they can only go with 50 games for the PEDs, no? So that leaves you with 161 games for whatever else happened (and hey, I have no clue what they have on him so it's all speculation for anyone to say it's too little/too harsh). But I know Braun only got 15 games for his detrimental conduct. So now baseball has to justify adding another 146 games on top of all that. Which you better be able to back that up really, really well. Which hey, maybe baseball will be able to do.

And total aside, ESPN analysts are being really stupid about it. Why won't ARod admit he didn't use PEDs in his press conference? Shut up, you know he's not going to say that now.