PDA

View Full Version : Mainstay Larry Foote Doesn't See PIT Missing Playoffs

polamalubeast
08-05-2013, 01:09 PM
It hasn't happened yet in training camp, but Larry Foote suspects it's only a matter of time.

At some point, when his helmet is off, someone will mistake him for James Farrior, even though the former inside linebacker has been retired for more than a year.

"This is the first year I didn't get called James," Foote said. "Last year, fans were calling me James. I still get it around town in Pittsburgh. He gets it sometimes, too, they call him Larry. One time I got it in [my hometown] Detroit. That's tough."

Foote said the case of mistaken identity is because he and his friend and former position mate have the same skin tone, forehead and hairline. But as he enters his 12th NFL season -- all but one with the Steelers -- Foote shares another quality with Farrior that distinguishes them from just about every other linebacker in team history:

Durability.

Foote has appeared in 157 regular-season games with the Steelers, third most among linebackers in team history. He passed Farrior (154) for third place in 2012 and will tie Jason Gildon (158) for second when he starts the season opener Sept. 8 against the Tennessee Titans.

If he stays healthy and plays all 16 games, which he has done eight times in his career, Foote will inch closer to the team's all-time leader among linebackers, David Little, who appeared in 179 games with the Steelers from 1981-92.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-linebacker-foote-still-feisty-as-ever-698168/#ixzz2b7SzXFNu