PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Goaline Scrimmage- Free Internet Radio Feed

tony hipchest
08-06-2010, 10:48 AM
Sirius radio chanel 124. every year MTC hosts tim and pat broadcast live from the stands.

I have always said it is the best and most informative/entertaining 4 hours of media coverage you will find on the steelers all year. great analysis from a former player and broadcaster (tim ryan) and pat kirwan (former coach/scout/pro personell director/GM).

http://www.sirius.com/freetrial/register

7 day free trial. no credit card, no commitment, and as a subscriber i get absolutely nothing out of it other than passing on some great information along to fellow steelerfans.

i think the show is 7pm - 11pm EST. hopefully i'll be able to update this thread as i listen.

stillers4me
08-06-2010, 11:24 AM
We are going to be there!!!
Just left my mom's in Jamestown, Pa. to do a little shopping and then we are headed south to Latrobe!

SteelMember
08-06-2010, 11:30 AM
hopefully i'll be able to update this thread as i listen.

No. As the OP to this thread, you are now "required" to do so. :chuckle:

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say any information you can pass along would be much appreciated. :thumbsup:

SteelerSal
08-06-2010, 11:41 AM
I have listened to Ryan and Kirwan for years on Sirius....love them!!
My subscription ran out and I did not renew it so I will miss it this time around so I am expecting tony to fill us in.

Devilsdancefloor
08-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Tony as you pass along the info it has to be in the voice of myron.

SteelMember
08-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Tony as you pass along the info it has to be in the voice of myron.

:toofunny:

Double-Yoi

I always enjoy hearing about this competition, but find myself troubled in picking sides. I mean, if the offense scores more, does that mean our D is too soft and not up to snuff? Or if they don't punch it in, does that mean our goal line run offense is still struggling? See what I mean. What's a "good" result? 50-50, +1. :noidea:

Maybe it will just be getting Tony's "impression". :wink02:

stillers4me
08-06-2010, 03:02 PM
:chuckle:
Stillers4me reporting live from Primanti Bros. in Greensburg, Pa.

Kaeg
08-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Thx, Tone. I signed up. Always wanted Sirius, but I really don't need another bill right now. :P Maybe soon....

steeldevil
08-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Nothing else tonight... Im in! Sounds awesome.

salamander
08-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Awesome! All signed up!

Thanks for telling us about this!

Carolina Steelers
08-06-2010, 06:03 PM
About to start here we go :tt02:

steeldevil
08-06-2010, 07:12 PM
practice finally starting!

Carolina Steelers
08-06-2010, 07:59 PM
Dennis Dixon did not look good 2nite. Throwing alot of balls into coverage including an interception.

HollywoodSteel
08-07-2010, 11:52 AM
I listened to it for a while in my car.

Now I finally understand why the coaches feel Lefty is so far ahead of Dixon. It's too bad. That kid could add another dimension to the offense.

fansince'76
08-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Dennis Dixon did not look good 2nite. Throwing alot of balls into coverage including an interception.

Ugh - that's discouraging. Sounds like Kordell all over again.

HollywoodSteel
08-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Ugh - that's discouraging. Sounds like Kordell all over again.

Remember, Kordell was an asset until we made him the starting quarterback. Maybe if we embraced this Dixon and just used him in interesting ways throughout the season, he could be an asset as well.

SteelerSal
08-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Remember, Kordell was an asset until we made him the starting quarterback. Maybe if we embraced this Dixon and just used him in interesting ways throughout the season, he could be an asset as well.

:tea: +1

I agree...reality is, Dixon will never be the starter for the Steelers because Ben will retire here so lets just take advantage with Dixon's physical abilities in other areas instead of letting his talent waste away holding a clip board.

7willBheaven
08-07-2010, 02:45 PM

I remember reading somewhere that if Lefty starts then they might mix in Dixon in different packages and situations...which i'd have no problems with...but being there first hand last night...Lefty looked miles ahead of Dixon...on this night at least.

tony hipchest
08-10-2010, 07:19 PM
for anyone who signed up for the free 7 day trial, be sure to tune in to MTC tomorrow and thursday 3pm-7pm est. blii cowher will be co-hosting live from bucs camp. aint nothing like 8 hours listening to coach talk ball. it doesnt get more passionate than him.

im pretty sure this is his first public appearance/gig since the passing of his wife (a prior engagement he kept his commitment to).

him, pat and tim are great friends, so its always good listening.