PDA

View Full Version : So it's Finally time to PAY the PIPER is it ?

katmandu
08-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Well, most of Steeler Nation has been in denial about the consequences of the Rob-peter-to-pay-Paul system. It worked great while it lasted.

Perhaps now it's time to start paying the piper!

ie.... With signings like this and Wimper.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Sign-Veteran-OT-D'Anthony-Batiste/f069afbc-d551-4dc4-8310-56f87a486bec (http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Sign-Veteran-OT-D?Anthony-Batiste/f069afbc-d551-4dc4-8310-56f87a486bec)

tube517
08-04-2013, 06:49 AM
Link doesn't work

Dwinsgames
08-04-2013, 08:25 AM
Link doesn't work

yea it does but it is weird ... you get that other page with the NFL ref on it... wait 5 seconds and it redirects to the article

stillers4me
08-04-2013, 08:45 AM
The link took me to Steelers.com homepage

X-Terminator
08-04-2013, 09:54 AM
The link is totally screwed up - that's steelers.com's fault. If you wait until it redirects to the home page, you can click on the link there.

fansince'76
08-04-2013, 10:28 AM
And exactly how many Joe Thomases, Ryan Cladys and Jake Longs EVER hit the market? You kinda have to draft elite OTs, and the best of the best are usually gone around pick 10 of the first round every year.

I understand the argument and it's gotten particularly popular since the 8-8 finish last year, but this is a REALLY bad example. Especially since this signing was only made because Embernate is now gone for the year and pickings are even slimmer than usual since it's the middle of training camp. You ain't getting an Anthony Muņoz off the street in early August.

salamander
08-04-2013, 10:41 AM
We're in the middle of training camp, like FS'76 alluded to - it's not like there are many top notch guys in ANY position available at this point.

stillers4me
08-04-2013, 11:37 AM
And exactly how many Joe Thomases, Ryan Cladys and Jake Longs EVER hit the market? You kinda have to draft elite OTs, and the best of the best are usually gone around pick 10 of the first round every year.

I understand the argument and it's gotten particularly popular since the 8-8 finish last year, but this is a REALLY bad example. Especially since this signing was only made because Embernate is now gone for the year and pickings are even slimmer than usual since it's the middle of training camp. You ain't getting an Anthony Muņoz off the street in early August.

Actually, I saw Anthony Munoz on Montgomery Road getting into his SUV right in front of the Montgomery Inn restaurant a few years ago.......... :chuckle:

oneforthetoe
08-04-2013, 01:52 PM

Hey for the old geezer minimum............ ;)

blackngldblood
08-04-2013, 09:33 PM
Isn't our entire starting line this year either a one or two round pick outside of Foster? How many teams around the league have amazing talent ridin the pine from a lineman standpoint?

Seven
08-04-2013, 09:40 PM
I'm really not that worried.