PDA

View Full Version : Steelers notebook: Zone-blocking, Bell's patience looks like nice fit

polamalubeast
08-01-2013, 11:17 AM
The outside zone-blocking schemes the Steelers will implement this season require more than just the offensive linemen to be lighter, athletic and able to run to the edge.

The scheme also requires a running back who is patient, has vision and can cut back against the flow. Just like Le'Veon Bell.

Bell, the team's recent No. 2 draft choice, said he ran the stretch play repeatedly at Michigan State and thinks his style is a perfect fit for a zone-blocking scheme.

"You got to be patient," Bell said. "That's what coach [Kirby] Wilson is always teaching me. It's something as a runner I've always been blessed with. I'm a patient-type of runner. A lot of guys look at me and think I'm a big, physical guy, but I'm more patient than anything. That what makes me successful up to this point."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-notebook-zone-blocking-bells-patience-looks-like-nice-fit-697618/#ixzz2ajcq6IAQ

steeldawg
08-01-2013, 03:58 PM
exactly!