PDA

View Full Version : MLB Preparing to suspend A-ROD for Life

Seven
07-31-2013, 11:52 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2013/07/31/alex-rodriguez-suspended-lifetime-suspension-biogenesis/2606319/

tube517
07-31-2013, 11:59 PM
A-ROID is done.

X-Terminator
08-01-2013, 12:04 AM
Have fun in forced retirement, A-Roid. Hope your balls shrivel up to the size of chick peas.

zulater
08-01-2013, 05:54 AM
I don't think this guy ever took a clean MLB at bat. Look at his early power numbers with the Mariners, and it doesn't jive with players of his body type's typical power numbers through their late teens and early 20's.

Count Steeler
08-01-2013, 06:25 AM
What would really be cool is if he had to pay back the Rangers and the Yankees. Talk about justice.

F-Rod (fraud)

ALLD
08-01-2013, 11:56 AM
He can go bowling with Pete Rose.

Chidi29
08-01-2013, 12:26 PM
It's really a bargaining chip to try and get A-Rod to agree to a lesser deal so the league doesn't have to deal with a messy appeal. And from reports, it's working.

Godfather
08-01-2013, 06:03 PM
Total BS. They let Bonds* stick around and break Aaron's record. But now they want to violate their own rulebook and give a lifetime ban for what is technically a first offense.

I can't help suspecting it's a ruse to get the Wankees out from under his contract.

zulater
08-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Total BS. They let Bonds* stick around and break Aaron's record. But now they want to violate their own rulebook and give a lifetime ban for what is technically a first offense.

I can't help suspecting it's a ruse to get the Wankees out from under his contract.

Bonds was 5x the player A.Fraud ever was. With or without steriods. which in my opinion A Fraud came into the league using, whereas Bonds established himself as a HOF worthy player before he ever indulged. I would even go so far as to blame MLB for Bonds ever starting to use. Had he not seen inferior players surpass him statistically strictly due to the use of performance enahncers he never would have used them himself in my opinion.

Count Steeler
08-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Bonds, Sosa, et al. The Sorry Days of Baseball.

Was it a veiled attempt by the commish to get everyone's attention off the 94 lock out and World Series cancellation? Some even speculate that the ball was juiced just as much as the players. It seems there was a home run hit every minute. The Sad and Sorry Days of Baseball. However, by the book, Bonds, Sosa, McGwire et al didn't break any rules. PED's were not banned by MLB. So really, baseball is just now reaping what it sowed by giving up the "innocence" of the game in the interest of profits. The owners and the commish should not be excluded from punishment.

zulater
08-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Bonds, Sosa, et al. The Sorry Days of Baseball.

Was it a veiled attempt by the commish to get everyone's attention off the 94 lock out and World Series cancellation? Some even speculate that the ball was juiced just as much as the players. It seems there was a home run hit every minute. The Sad and Sorry Days of Baseball. However, by the book, Bonds, Sosa, McGwire et al didn't break any rules. PED's were not banned by MLB. So really, baseball is just now reaping what it sowed by giving up the "innocence" of the game in the interest of profits. The owners and the commish should not be excluded from punishment.

Bonds was clean through the mid to late 90's.By which time he had already established HOF credentials. I don't think he belongs in the same category as McGuire and Soso, who no one would have ever heard off had they not used PED's.

zulater
08-01-2013, 06:56 PM
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/28/the-case-for-barry-bonds-and-roger-clemens-induction-to-the-hall-of-fame/

zulater
08-01-2013, 07:04 PM
BTW I think Bonds is about as big an asshole as there has ever been. But he was also the best player I've ever seen in my lifetime and I don't anticipate seeing one better.

Count Steeler
08-01-2013, 07:29 PM
Bonds was clean through the mid to late 90's.By which time he had already established HOF credentials. I don't think he belongs in the same category as McGuire and Soso, who no one would have ever heard off had they not used PED's.

And Pete Rose was Hall of Fame before he ever bet on a game as a manager. Bonds got caught up in the "movement" of PEDs in baseball. He may be an exception, but he is painted with the same brush none the less.

zulater
08-01-2013, 07:34 PM
Rose should be in the HOF too.

fansince'76
08-01-2013, 07:35 PM
A-ROID is done.

http://www.sportsgooru.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/arod_on_steroids.jpg

:chuckle:

Count Steeler
08-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Rose should be in the HOF too.

Agree 1000%. Best baseball player I ever had the privilege to see.

Godfather
08-01-2013, 09:45 PM

McGwire was pretty good from the beginning. Hit 49 homers as a rookie.

But he didn't put up mammoth numbers until he was with the Cardinals. If you throw out his power numbers, whether for cheating or because power numbers from that era are meaningless, you just have a mediocre hitter. He and Sosa should never enter Cooperstown without a ticket.

Seven
08-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Surprised A-ROD is going to talk. I thought his camp would call Selig's bluff.

Chidi29
08-01-2013, 09:48 PM
Surprised A-ROD is going to talk. I thought his camp would call Selig's bluff.

Don't blame him. Talk and you get to keep your money. Face a lifetime ban and you could lose it all. 100 million is a big influence.

zulater
08-01-2013, 10:10 PM
Last I heard A. Fraud still holding firm, with no deal imminent. Going to be a riot hearing him try to discredit a witness 29 other defendents deemed credible by accepting deals confirming their guilt. Guess he just made it up when it came to A Fraud. Fucking assholoe. I hope he's kicked out of the game for good.

Craic
08-01-2013, 11:03 PM
Bonds was 5x the player A.Fraud ever was. With or without steriods. which in my opinion A Fraud came into the league using, whereas Bonds established himself as a HOF worthy player before he ever indulged. I would even go so far as to blame MLB for Bonds ever starting to use. Had he not seen inferior players surpass him statistically strictly due to the use of performance enahncers he never would have used them himself in my opinion.

When A-rod came into the league with Seattle, I watched him play every game. Matter of fact, I remember watching him sitting on the bench during the '94 "Refuse to Lose" Mariner run in the playoffs that literally saved baseball in Seattle and built their new stadium. The next year, he started playing, and he was just a scrawny kid, too. He'd always been good, very good, actually. He earned every cent of his deal with Texas without PEDs, IMO.

Matter of fact, back then, his nickname was "Mr. Milk and Cookies" because he was so straight-laced.

Where he got screwed up, and it showed, was in Texas. That's not to cast dispersion on the Rangers. Rather, it was a choice he made, probably due to the pressure of the massive contract. From there, you can see the downhill slide until he ended up in New York. Without PEDs, he was one of the best players in baseball in the 1990s and early 2000s. He was pretty much a five-tool guy back then. The PEDs, IMO, actually made him not quite as good because he started depending too much on his power and not enough on the skills he showed before, but that was after he left the Mariners and I stopped following him then. Part of it was that he really ticked me off by trying to entice Boeing to leave Seattle and go to Texas. It's one thing to change teams, it's another to screw with the jobs of thousands of people.

Hindes204
08-02-2013, 07:18 AM
I agree with you Preach. I followed him a lot in his early career and he was a phenomenal baseball player. One of the best actually. Things def started to change in Texas...unfortunate really. I'm not a big fan of his, but he was once a great player without PEDs

Dwinsgames
08-02-2013, 08:01 AM
I am just waiting for some team to decide to litigate against a high dollar player who has doped in order to produce to recover all or part of the $'s paid said player for the time he played the game under contract and was cheating the game itself ...

not saying it should happen but not sure it shouldn't either ...

if a players entire baseball ( or insert sport here ) earnings where in jeopardy if caught doping / juicing ( whichever term you are comfortable with ) seems like it would be a great way to put an end to or greatly reduce the number of cheaters .... I say cheaters because at the end of the day that is all they are .. anyone with an unfair advantage is a cheater

zulater
08-05-2013, 08:00 AM
I agree with you Preach. I followed him a lot in his early career and he was a phenomenal baseball player. One of the best actually. Things def started to change in Texas...unfortunate really. I'm not a big fan of his, but he was once a great player without PEDs

How do you guys know he didn't come into MLB already a cheat? How many "scrawny" 21 year old shortstops can you find in baseball history who hit 36 HR's? The power numbers he displayed as a Mariner scream suspicion to me. Even such sluggers as Henry Aaron and Willie Stargell weren't routine 40 HR a year guys in their early to mid 20's. I think the guy came in dirty and leaves the same.

zulater
08-05-2013, 08:06 AM
https://sphotos-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/523421_10153101987405206_93158737_n.jpg

Chidi29
08-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Official. ARod suspended 211 games through the 2014 season. Can stay the appeal and play while it's being heard.

Craic
08-05-2013, 03:22 PM
How do you guys know he didn't come into MLB already a cheat? How many "scrawny" 21 year old shortstops can you find in baseball history who hit 36 HR's? The power numbers he displayed as a Mariner scream suspicion to me. Even such sluggers as Henry Aaron and Willie Stargell weren't routine 40 HR a year guys in their early to mid 20's. I think the guy came in dirty and leaves the same.

Then you don't remember the kingdom. Joey Cora was hitting home runs in the kingdom,

AND THIS
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110510173707/baseball/images/d/dc/Joey_Cora.jpg

Is not the picture of PED use.

No, if you've followed him closely, it's pretty clear when his career changed.

zulater
08-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Then you don't remember the kingdom. Joey Cora was hitting home runs in the kingdom,

AND THIS
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110510173707/baseball/images/d/dc/Joey_Cora.jpg

Is not the picture of PED use.

No, if you've followed him closely, it's pretty clear when his career changed.

Selena Roberts, who broke the 2009 story about Rodriguez's drug use, has suggested his PED use dates to high school. At least a huge chunk of his career has been a fraud, but Rodriguez never has taken accountability for it. (Ever diversionary, he reacted to Roberts' dead-on report by shamefully accusing her of stalking him and his family.)
In 2002, after one of Rodriguez's teammates, Ken Caminiti, detailed to me about the prevalent scandal of steroid use in baseball, I visited Rodriguez at his hotel room after a game in Chicago. He had ordered room service. Outfielder Kevin Mench, a rookie newly promoted to the big leagues, stopped by for a bit. (As one former Texas teammate described to me, Rodriguez forges friendships with clubhouse kids and young players, at least until they get to know him, but has trouble connecting to veterans; he may be in trouble for steering young players to Biogenesis.)
I asked Rodriguez about steroids, the worst kept secret in baseball. He looked at me with wonder. Steroids? What do they do? Why would players take them? It was chilling to listen to his feigned ignorance. He had played in two especially dirty clubhouses in Seattle and Texas and by 2002 steroids were an open secret in the game, and yet here was Rodriguez asking me questions about steroids. Of course, by his later admission, at the time he was loaded to the gills on Primobolan, a steroid favored by bodybuilders that can be taken orally or by injections.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mlb/news/20130805/alex-rodriguez-suspended-biogenesis-legacy/#ixzz2b8notqrD

zulater
08-05-2013, 06:51 PM
A Fraud had more 40+ Home run seasons prior to the age of 3o than Hank aaron, willie Mays, Mike Schmidt, Willie Stargell, Willie McCovey. You name it. He came in dirty and lleaves the same. I doubt he hit a clean home run in his career.

salamander
08-05-2013, 07:27 PM
I'm watching the Yankees/White Sox game tonight just so I can hear A-Rod get booed.