PDA

View Full Version : Preseason Live

Shoes
07-31-2013, 10:48 PM
Just signed up again. Anyone else? First preseason game is next Saturday!

Chidi29
07-31-2013, 10:51 PM
Is that the thing you watch on the computer through NFL.com/NFL Rewind?

Shoes
07-31-2013, 11:09 PM
Yes, on the computer (nfl.com). You can also watch all the preseason games back to 2010.

Chidi29
07-31-2013, 11:22 PM
Yes, on the computer (nfl.com). You can also watch all the preseason games back to 2010.

I'm guessing you already know this but you don't get to watch the games live, unfortunately. And no coaches film at all. Boo

Shoes
07-31-2013, 11:29 PM
I'm guessing you already know this but you don't get to watch the games live, unfortunately. And no coaches film at all. Boo

I've been watching the preseason games live for the last 3 or 4 years on this. Not sure what your referring to.

Seven
07-31-2013, 11:34 PM

I think the preseason package allows you to watch live games, but that doesn't carry over to the regular season.

Shoes
07-31-2013, 11:36 PM
I think the preseason package allows you to watch live games, but that doesn't carry over to the regular season.

This is correct.

Chidi29
07-31-2013, 11:36 PM
What? I was told it isn't Live.

Shoes
07-31-2013, 11:37 PM
What? I was told it isn't Live.

Someone lied to you. :chuckle:

Chidi29
07-31-2013, 11:45 PM
Stupid new guy at Customer Support...

blackngldblood
08-01-2013, 03:51 AM
Did you get just a pre-season package or something? I couldn't take anymore days without football so I bought the NFL rewind package and can watch any game back to the 2009 season. Its pretty fantastic.

HollywoodSteel
08-02-2013, 02:52 PM
Stupid new guy at Customer Support...

https://preseason.nfl.com/nflpl/secure/packages?ttv=4&app=PRESEASON_LIVE&icampaign=Prod_PL_Nav&cvsorc=Homepage.PSL.GP_Nav

HollywoodSteel
08-02-2013, 03:21 PM
As far as I can tell the Steelers will have only one nationally broadcasted game - the Monday night game on August 19th at the Redskins, which will be on ESPN. I'm willing to pay $20 to see the other 3 games live. I have no idea what they broadcast locally in Pittsburgh though. As you can probably tell from my name, I don't live there.

TheRuneMeister
08-02-2013, 05:21 PM
Here in Europe we have access to GamePass, and thereby access to all games live and archived (included pre, regular and post). Use a DNS service such as un-block us, or unotelly to access it via Europe. It's legal...if anyone wondered.

fansince'76
08-03-2013, 01:05 AM
I'm still debating on whether or not to pay for it this year. I encountered a lot of issues with it as far as degraded signal/buffering goes last year, so I hope they've increased their bandwidth. I get 35 Mbps down/10 Mbps up and stream Netflix and Amazon HD movies all the time with no problem, so I know the issue wasn't on my end. A lot of times the quality wasn't really that much better than some of the free (see: illegal) streams for me.

Craic
08-03-2013, 01:22 AM
I'm still debating on whether or not to pay for it this year. I encountered a lot of issues with it as far as degraded signal/buffering goes last year, so I hope they've increased their bandwidth. I get 35 Mbps down/10 Mbps up and stream Netflix and Amazon HD movies all the time with no problem, so I know the issue wasn't on my end. A lot of times the quality wasn't really that much better than some of the free (see: illegal) streams for me.

I got it for this year, (Game Rewind, not the preseason) because I was sick of the hundreds of dollars it costs on Directv, even though I hadn't paid for it the last few years (kept calling them and talking them into giving it to me somehow). Since, however, I'm tired of paying the money for the entire service, I decided to skip it all together and go with Game Rewind.

I'm hoping that since I probably won't be watching it until ten or eleven at night (west coast), I'll get pretty good quality out of it.

fansince'76
08-03-2013, 01:28 AM
I got it for this year, (Game Rewind, not the preseason) because I was sick of the hundreds of dollars it costs on Directv, even though I hadn't paid for it the last few years (kept calling them and talking them into giving it to me somehow). Since, however, I'm tired of paying the money for the entire service, I decided to skip it all together and go with Game Rewind.

I'm hoping that since I probably won't be watching it until ten or eleven at night (west coast), I'll get pretty good quality out of it.

I REFUSE to pay DirecTV's price for ALL the games, since I'm not going to watch all the games, nor would I want to. I still don't see why they don't offer every game on PPV individually for a reduced cost on an "a la carte" basis. THAT I'd pay for. And I'd be willing to bet they'd make a lot more money that way as well.

And yeah, I never had an issue with the "rewind" part of the service. It was with the "live" part (when I'm sure their traffic peaked) that I noticed issues.

Chidi29
08-03-2013, 01:33 AM
Even in the offseason, the quality was pretty rough for me the few times I watched the broadcast version.

fansince'76
08-03-2013, 01:38 AM
Even in the offseason, the quality was pretty rough for me the few times I watched the broadcast version.

What kinda bandwidth you got, Alex? Was this at school? If so, I bet they throttle the crap out of your bandwidth to begin with.

Chidi29
08-03-2013, 02:16 PM
What kinda bandwidth you got, Alex? Was this at school? If so, I bet they throttle the crap out of your bandwidth to begin with.

Even at home, where my Internet speed is pretty good (not sure on specifics though, to be honest), it would usually be on the worst quality. Sometimes jump up to HD but then chug along and come bac down.

But yeah, they kill you at school. Can barely get something on Youtube to load. Coaches' Film was pretty smooth though but of course, there's no quality setting there.

katmandu
08-03-2013, 04:17 PM
I REFUSE to pay DirecTV's price for ALL the games, since I'm not going to watch all the games, nor would I want to. I still don't see why they don't offer every game on PPV individually for a reduced cost on an "a la carte" basis. THAT I'd pay for. And I'd be willing to bet they'd make a lot more money that way as well.

And yeah, I never had an issue with the "rewind" part of the service. It was with the "live" part (when I'm sure their traffic peaked) that I noticed issues.I agree 100%. I would be more than willing to do the PPV to watch Steeler games here in SW Ohio.

BTW, I started another related thread on this. Not just the NFL Preseason Live package. (this thread's Topic).

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/17896-Out-of-Steeler-s-(Pittsburgh-area)-TV-Market-How-Where-to-View-Games-on-TV

- - - Updated - - -

Here in Europe we have access to GamePass, and thereby access to all games live and archived (included pre, regular and post). Use a DNS service such as un-block us, or unotelly to access it via Europe. It's legal...if anyone wondered.Well, Holy crap mate! If it ain't illegal tell us EXACTLY how to do this !!! ASAP !!!

I've been ripping my hair out for YEARS screwing around trying to find (ILLEGALY) Steeler games to watch on the Internet! How do we find Links to the games shown over cross the pond ?

How does this DNS service work ?

katmandu
08-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Very interesting! http://www.unblock-us.com/ $4.99/month.

Also very interesting indeed!

http://help.unotelly.com/support/articles/24706-how-to-get-nfl-game-pass-and-watch-live-games-in-usa-canada-uk-and-ireland-without-blackout (http://help.unotelly.com/support/articles/24706-how-to-get-nfl-game-pass-and-watch-live-games-in-usa-canada-uk-and-ireland-without-blackout)

Q: If one uses the above, will one be able to Register for GamePass using a physical US address ?

Count Steeler
08-03-2013, 06:58 PM
Don't forget to check bandwidth charges. 4.99 is only for the masking of your identity, I doubt it is unlimited bandwidth, can't find anything on the site, and I don't want to go through the setup. You might also want to read the Terms of Use.

katmandu
08-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Don't forget to check bandwidth charges. 4.99 is only for the masking of your identity, I doubt it is unlimited bandwidth, can't find anything on the site, and I don't want to go through the setup. You might also want to read the Terms of Use.I gave a quick read through the Terms and didn't see anything about bandwidth. Perhaps someone else can see if there are any limitations.

http://www.unblock-us.com/terms-of-use/

katmandu
08-03-2013, 08:17 PM
I didn't see anything about bandwidth on the other site either.

http://www.unotelly.com/unodns/tos

TheRuneMeister
08-04-2013, 02:35 PM
No bandwidth limitations or cap'ing on UnoTelly or Unblock. I use it in Europe to access the US Netflix library, Hulu etc. It's great. The only limitation is your ISP's ability to stream from Euro locations (since you will likely be streaming from a server location in Europe)