PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Marshall McFadden drawing James Harrison comparisons

steelerdude15
07-30-2013, 12:00 AM
Steelers Marshall McFadden drawing James Harrison comparisons

While most fans have been hoping for veteran Jason Worilds or rookie Jarvis Jones to invoke memories of recently departed James Harrison, Bob Labriola instead finds such inspiration elsewhere.

While the comparison may appear a bit of a stretch considering the men involved played two different positions on the field, Steelers Digest editor Bob Labriola sees similarities between a former defensive player of the year and a 2012 practice squad player.

McFadden finds himself competing against Stevenson Sylvester and rookie Vince Williams for the right to backup starters Lawrence Timmons and Larry Foote at inside linebacker this season. McFadden failed to pass the veteran Sylvester last season, winding up on the practice squad; but as head coach Mike Tomlin often reminds us all, 'last year was last year'.

McFadden took advantage of the technicality which made him eligible to re-attend the rookie orientation weekend this off-season. Unlike the true rookies who surrounded him, he had the benefit of his previous year's experience to shed extra light on the information being presented, using the weekend as a refresher course in preparation for the upcoming season.

Read More: http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/7/29/4569166/steelers-marshall-mcfadden-drawing-james-harrison-comparisons

Hmmm... interesting. :scratchchin: I think our defense could continue to use that nastiness that McFadden brings. I could also see our team having a lot of young depth at ILB for a while.

Mistah Q
07-30-2013, 01:10 AM
Not that I'm not rooting for him, but it's just camp. That magical time of year when Gary Russell was the next Earl Campbell.

tube517
07-30-2013, 06:54 AM
Not that I'm not rooting for him, but it's just camp. That magical time of year when Gary Russell was the next Earl Campbell.

Gary Russell never chewed Skoal, brutha. :chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
07-30-2013, 03:31 PM
Gary russell returning kicks. Thats all im gonna say.

Master Blaster
07-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Or that Kordell Stewart was going to re-define the Q.B. position.

Mistah Q
07-30-2013, 05:23 PM
Or that Kordell Stewart was going to re-define the Q.B. position.You should see my Madden team. It's just Matt Kranchick, 53 times.

SteelerFanInStl
07-30-2013, 06:39 PM
Let's let the guy actually make the roster first before we start comparing him to James.

Psycho Ward 86
07-30-2013, 07:04 PM
Let's let the guy actually make the roster first before we start comparing him to James.

no we have to cut him 4 times before that happens :chuckle:

Craic
07-30-2013, 07:40 PM
no we have to cut him 4 times before that happens :chuckle:

:chuckle: I'm still shaking my head at how that can happen.

KeiselPower99
07-31-2013, 06:29 PM
Im still looking for the next Matt Cushing