PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Top Picks Pass Full-Contact Muster

stillers4me
07-29-2013, 08:16 PM
Jarvis Jones and Le'Veon Bell not only earned each other's respect in the backs-on-backers drill, they earned the team's respect during Monday's full-contact scrimmages. Here's the story:

LATROBE – On the first day of real football this season, Mike Tomlin matched his first-round pick against his second-round pick as often as he could, and then he said it was good.

“It’s an easy match,” Tomlin said after his Steelers donned pads for the first time. “I think it is appropriate. I’m sure they will continue to see more of each other.”

Tomlin threw Jarvis Jones (http://pit.scout.com/a.z?s=68&p=8&c=1&nid=6980741) and Le’Veon Bell (http://pit.scout.com/a.z?s=68&p=8&c=1&nid=6980454) at each other four times in the backs-on-backers pit. And after they battled to a draw, each received several first-team reps during team scrimmages – and each made a first-team accounting of himself.

“Obviously they want us to be a part of this team and they want to use us this year,” said Jones, the first-round pick. “We’ve got to be ready for it. I think we play our first game in a week and a half from now, so they’re trying to put us in position to learn as much as we can.”
The learning started early in Monday’s practice in the middle of a coaches/front-office/media/fans horde that encircled the running backs and linebackers...........

Read more @ http://pit.scout.com/2/1311157.html

Pristas
07-29-2013, 09:10 PM
If this article doesn't make your blood boil for some Steelers action, I don't know what will!

Awesome. Just awesome. Glad to hear that Jones is already making a name for himself and that Bell is getting 1st team reps already. WOW.

steelerdude15
07-29-2013, 09:40 PM
If this article doesn't make your blood boil for some Steelers action, I don't know what will!

Awesome. Just awesome. Glad to hear that Jones is already making a name for himself and that Bell is getting 1st team reps already. WOW.

I'm thinking the same thing. It sounds like Jones is really getting at it and is starting to impress his teammates and coaches. If he keeps it up, he could possibly start week one. Same thing for Bell who sounds like hes turning it up too. So is Issac and Johnny; this running back competition is really going to heat up!

Psycho Ward 86
07-29-2013, 11:00 PM
Marshall McFadden thrashed Baron Batch

lol

Craic
07-29-2013, 11:14 PM
I'm thinking the same thing. It sounds like Jones is really getting at it and is starting to impress his teammates and coaches. If he keeps it up, he could possibly start week one. Same thing for Bell who sounds like hes turning it up too. So is Issac and Johnny; this running back competition is really going to heat up!

Tell you this much, with the way our guys always get hurt, I'd have no problem coming out of camp with Dwyer, Redman, and Bell all dressing for game one if they're really showing something. Gotta think having three backs with fresh legs in every game would pay massive dividends in the third and fourth quarter.

steelerdude15
07-29-2013, 11:53 PM
Tell you this much, with the way our guys always get hurt, I'd have no problem coming out of camp with Dwyer, Redman, and Bell all dressing for game one if they're really showing something. Gotta think having three backs with fresh legs in every game would pay massive dividends in the third and fourth quarter.

I couldn't agree more. I think it would be a wise decision to dress all three just in case something does happen.