PDA

View Full Version : Troy Polamalu: I'm not interested in HGH shortcut

stillers4me
07-28-2013, 08:54 AM
For the first time in at least a year, Troy Polamalu looked his seven-time Pro Bowl, whirl-wind self during Saturday's non-padded Pittsburgh Steelers practice, the first of his 11th training camp.

Walking off the field, Polamalu cited the secret behind his rejuvenation after missing nine games last season with a nagging calf injury.

It's just not what cynics might expect in this era of performance-enhanced athletes.
The 32-year-old Samoan safety says there has never been any HGH shortcut for him.

"It's a struggle to eat right and train right and do all the right things. And if players are taking shortcuts, it's really an unfair advantage,'' Polamalu told USA TODAY Sports after practice. "Unfortunately, we didn't make the playoffs last year and I was able to begin my training earlier than usual with Marv Marinovich and I started working with a physical therapist for my calf and that really benefitted me...........

Read more @ http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2592941

steeldawg
07-28-2013, 09:30 AM
Lets go troy I know you got one more great year left in the tank.

zulater
07-28-2013, 11:00 AM
I'm counting on comebacks years by both Troy and Woodley to really ignite the defense in the way of forced turnovers and sacks.

steeldawg
07-28-2013, 11:39 AM
I'm counting on comebacks years by both Troy and Woodley to really ignite the defense in the way of forced turnovers and sacks.

If those guys return to form it will be huge!

Chidi29
07-28-2013, 01:02 PM
Troy played very well the last two weeks of last season. I think Mike Pruistas of DVE said something like we had ten sacks and forced seven turnovers all while allowing 20 total points in Week 16 and 17 (even if 17 was against the Thad Lewis led Browns).

Troy is far from done.

steeldawg
07-28-2013, 08:25 PM
Troy played very well the last two weeks of last season. I think Mike Pruistas of DVE said something like we had ten sacks and forced seven turnovers all while allowing 20 total points in Week 16 and 17 (even if 17 was against the Thad Lewis led Browns).

Troy is far from done.

You just jinxed him!!