PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin says Mike Adams cleared to practice !

Dwinsgames
07-26-2013, 05:59 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-mike-adams-has-clearance-to-practice-tomlin-says-697013/

Great News !

Nadroj 20
07-26-2013, 06:01 PM
Yes it is! Mike is a lucky man, thank god it wasn't worse then it was!

Psycho Ward 86
07-26-2013, 06:04 PM
thats awesome. go show the league why you belong here.

__________________________________________________ _____

Starting left tackle Marcus Gilbert was carted off the field after he finished, but Tomlin said he passed successfully. Gilbert was attended to by trainers on the field and then taken from the field on a cart. Tomlin said he did not see Gilbert carted off.

lol, at least he passed.

zulater
07-26-2013, 06:21 PM
thats awesome. go show the league why you belong here.

__________________________________________________ _____

Starting left tackle Marcus Gilbert was carted off the field after he finished, but Tomlin said he passed successfully. Gilbert was attended to by trainers on the field and then taken from the field on a cart. Tomlin said he did not see Gilbert carted off.

lol, at least he passed.

It doesn't say much for Gilbert that he struggled with a conditioning drill when you consider this is just about a make or break year for him. It's one thing for an esablished vet like Casey Hampton ( in years past) to come into camp out of shape. But for a guy who has yet to prove he can be an NFL starter or stay healthy for a full NFL season to come waddling into camp shows that he just doesn't get it! :frusty: The talent very well may be there, but if you don't have the drive to excell you'll never be a quality NFL starter. As of now I've got serious doubts that Gilbert deserves a roster spot with this team.

Chidi29
07-26-2013, 06:22 PM
Sue posted that Kaboly said he was told Gilbert was in great shape. So I'm not really sure what to make of what happened.

Dwinsgames
07-26-2013, 06:52 PM
Sue posted that Kaboly said he was told Gilbert was in great shape. So I'm not really sure what to make of what happened.

I just don't make much of this sort of thing , these conditioning tests are tough on BIG men , running is never their strong suit ... that being said he will run further in the conditioning test in those few moment then he will in an hours worth of practice in small segments with plenty of breathers in between .....

assuming it was the run that did him in .....

now if it was one of my RBs or WR's or Dbs , LBers I would be concerned

Chidi29
07-26-2013, 06:58 PM
I just don't make much of this sort of thing , these conditioning tests are tough on BIG men , running is never their strong suit ... that being said he will run further in the conditioning test in those few moment then he will in an hours worth of practice in small segments with plenty of breathers in between .....

assuming it was the run that did him in .....

Don't get me wrong, I'm not that worried about it. Sure all will be forgotten if he's out there tomorrow without any problems. Maybe the heat just got to him. Maybe he ate something bad in the morning. Who knows. But it is probably the most notable football related thing to happen today so it gets a little extra attention.

Dwinsgames
07-26-2013, 07:02 PM
:crossed:

Ben has some discomfort now that is news worthy

Pristas
07-26-2013, 08:52 PM
Ben's knee saw Gilbert running towards him. Anyone Gilbert runs towards has discomfort in their knees. It's all related.

Psycho Ward 86
07-26-2013, 09:02 PM

if its any consolation for us, we have to remember Jacoby Jones FAILED his conditioning test so Gilbert has him beat there :lol:.

And he's stepping in as their #2 receiver. LOL

Chidi29
07-26-2013, 09:03 PM
if its any consolation for us, we have to remember Jacoby Jones FAILED his conditioning test so Gilbert has him beat there :lol:.

And he's stepping in as their #2 receiver. LOL

And Bryant McKinnie is still probably trying to finish his as we speak.

Dwinsgames
07-26-2013, 09:11 PM
And Bryant McKinnie is still probably trying to finish his as we speak.

they are still waiting for McKinney to finish the buffet before he starts his test , its rumored they considered wheeling the buffet onto the field and keep it moving the distance of the run to get McKinney to move

XxKnightxX
07-27-2013, 06:46 AM
I dont care if youre a lineman or a running back. A conditioning test is a test. I know size and positions do make a difference, but this is a quick way for the coaching staff to determine if you were really working out on all aspects of your physique, or if you were just being a meathead trying to buff up and just look good. The concept is simple, show us that you were working on cardio and that youre capable of running your ass off right from the get go. So either shit or get off the pot.

Dwinsgames
07-27-2013, 08:26 AM
I dont care if youre a lineman or a running back. A conditioning test is a test. I know size and positions do make a difference, but this is a quick way for the coaching staff to determine if you were really working out on all aspects of your physique, or if you were just being a meathead trying to buff up and just look good. The concept is simple, show us that you were working on cardio and that youre capable of running your ass off right from the get go. So either shit or get off the pot.

true but you have to admit it is an unfair test of sorts , big men do not run that well or they would not be big men .... it would be like asking your WR's and DBs to open camp by doing 25 reps of 225 yes it is possible but it is devastatingly difficult at a buck 89