PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben happiest camper

siss
07-08-2013, 11:20 AM
Ken Roethlisberger felt a new kind of pride this weekend when he played host to his son for dinner: it was Ben's first Father's Day as a dad, and Ken's first as a grandparent.
"It's nice to see [Ben] in that role," Ken Roethlisberger said Monday while taking in Ben's Football ProCamp at Seneca Valley High School. "It's fun to watch him and Benjamin -- he's so small in his arms. He's doing a good job so far. He gets down on the ground and plays with him -- it's great."
Former quarterback and current broadcaster Rich Gannon once said that becoming a father made him a better quarterback in that he became "more disciplined." Since Benjamin Jr. was born in November, Roethlisberger has started to understand the connection.
"I feel like having a child, especially a son, makes you very patient," he said. "It was enjoyable to have my first Father's Day and be around family -- that's what's important to me."
"It was nice having the whole family together," Ken added. "We went to church in the morning all together. They came to our house and his wife, Ashley, cooked dinner -- a cheese pasta with chicken in it. Delicious."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/big-ben-most-likely-the-happiest-camper-692073/#ixzz2YTHnnqVZ

Ashley...honey...make sure the QB is eating healthy. We are counting on you to feed him properly!:cheer2:

GBMelBlount
07-08-2013, 05:36 PM
As Roethlisberger, 31, heads into his 10th NFL season, being a nurturing voice in the locker room is starting to become second nature, but nurturing a child of his own is an unending learning process.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/big-ben-most-likely-the-happiest-camper-692073/#ixzz2YUolbauV

Nice read.

I am all for nurturing but I'd like to some inspirational leadership this year too.

As Ben goes so goes the team.

SteelerFanInStl
07-08-2013, 05:41 PM

No question about that. Gotta keep him upright!

Moose
07-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Nice read.

I am all for nurturing but I'd like to some inspirational leadership this year too.

No truer words spoken !

Tommy8Gun
07-20-2013, 09:14 AM
No question about that. Gotta keep him upright!

Amen to that. I just hope he can find a way to minimize injury this season. I am confident his production will be there, and I just imagine what kind of season we could have if he starts and finishes all 16 regular season games.