PDA

View Full Version : Penguins' Paul Martin played with severe injury

stillers4me
07-06-2013, 10:31 AM
According to a source with the Penguins, defenseman Paul Martin played most of the Eastern Conference final with an ankle injury that required pain-killing injections in order for him to play in the final three games of the series.
After the season, the Penguins announced that Martin played against the Boston Bruins despite a "significant injury" but declined to specify the nature of the injury.

Martin, who is still wearing a walking boot nearly a month after the final game of that series, is expected to be ready for the training camp in mid-September..........

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/penguins/penguins-paul-martin-played-with-severe-injury-694429/#ixzz2YHPBF29T

X-Terminator
07-06-2013, 11:22 AM
Damn. The hell these guys put their bodies through in order to win the Cup is unreal. I don't know if they're brave or stupid...maybe both.

stillers4me
07-06-2013, 11:23 AM
I think most pro athletes are wired this way. Some more than others. Just look at Ben.

X-Terminator
07-06-2013, 11:31 AM
That's true. The Bruins' Patrice Bergeron played game 6 of the Final with a punctured lung, 3 broken ribs and a shoulder injury. He basically put his life on the line by playing that game. Just crazy.

Count Steeler
07-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Their life IS hockey. If you can breath, you play.