PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger says his knee feels “better than ever”

zulater
07-03-2013, 08:54 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/03/ben-roethlisberger-says-his-knee-feels-better-than-ever/

During this week’s visit to London, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said that he wants to finish his career with more Super Bowl rings than the four won by former Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw.

It won’t be easy for Roethlisberger to win three more Super Bowls and it will be impossible if he isn’t healthy enough to remain on the field. It’s a good thing for him, then, that his offseason knee surgery has left him feeling like he traveled back in time.

“It feels great, it feels better than ever, like it’s a brand new knee and I feel younger than ever, I feel good,” Roethlisberger said during an interview with 7msport.com that was filmed in front of the Big Ben familiar to those who think football is a sport played largely by kicking the ball.

Roethlisberger doesn’t do any kicking, so he won’t have to stress his knee that way, and he’s never been much of a runner. His knee needs to be sound enough for him to maintain his escapability in the pocket and it sounds like he’s confident he’ll be able to do that come the start of the season.

Mach1
07-04-2013, 02:51 AM
He's never been much of a runner? He's spent most of his career running for his life.

Craic
07-04-2013, 04:01 AM
He's never been much of a runner? He's spent most of his career running for his life.

Not really, more like dancing, ducking, flicking a shoulder back, shuffling backwards, shuffling forwards, putting his left leg in, putting his left leg out . . .

86WARD
07-04-2013, 08:04 AM
Give it 3 Regular Season Weeks and then answer the question...lol.

zulater
07-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Not really, more like dancing, ducking, flicking a shoulder back, shuffling backwards, shuffling forwards, putting his left leg in, putting his left leg out . . . ... and you shake it all about. You do the Hoekey Pokey and you turn yourself around, and that's what it's all about. http://draftsteel.com/ff/images/smilies/tomatoes.gif

stillers4me
07-04-2013, 12:02 PM
I think it's a very encouraging sign that the Steelers and the league have sent Ben to London to be an ambassador for the team as well as the NFL . Whodathunk?

siss
07-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Glad to here it Ben...now go win a super bowl!