PDA

View Full Version : Ike Taylor Helping Rookie LB Vince Williams Learn How To Cover

stillers4me
06-24-2013, 04:34 PM
After the Pittsburgh Steelers drafted linebacker Vince Williams in the sixth-round of the 2013 NFL Draft, linebackers coach Keith Butler made it clear what he needs to see out of the Florida State product come the start of the season.

"He runs at the ball well," said Butler. "He gets off blocks well. He destroyed Gutierrez. We try to stay away from players who are not going to be physical. We think that he is all those things. He can get to the ball and he can hit you when he gets to the ball.

"We’ll see how in training camp if he has the ability to cover running backs and stuff like that. Obviously if he is not going to be a three-down football player in college then he is not going to all of a sudden step to the National Football League and be a three-down player. That is something we have to determine in training camp."

Williams reportedly showed during the offseason practices that he was able to grasp the defense fairly well and cornerback Ike Taylor was asked last week during his show on Trib Live Radio if he thinks the linebacker will be able to contribute some on defense during his rookie season..............

Read more @ http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/06/steelers-ike-taylor-vince-williams-cover-third-downs/

Psycho Ward 86
06-24-2013, 07:32 PM
just dont teach him how to catch lol

Dwinsgames
06-24-2013, 07:55 PM
just dont teach him how to catch lol

:drink:

Steeldude
06-25-2013, 07:30 AM
Foote isn't a 3-down player, but they let him stay in.

IMO, Taylor's coverage is built around his speed, not sound fundamentals. He's the opposite of Townsend.

fansince'76
06-25-2013, 08:40 AM
just dont try to teach him how to catch lol

Fixed. :chuckle:

cold-hard-steel
06-25-2013, 09:39 AM
Man , what can ya say bad about Ike ? The spark than can create a fire ? Top notch "Knotch " " Top shelf " "Top tier " The pick of the litter ? What will come from him being a STEELER will be felt for years to come . My hat is off to you buddy boy . He has been so busy he " don't even have time to stand around " . Ike , i salute you , and your ethics . But i really wish you could catch a ball . Nobody has everything . Live long and prosper !!!!!!!