PDA

View Full Version : Four Worst-Case Scenarios #Steelers Hope To Avoid In 2013

stillers4me
06-23-2013, 01:01 PM
We have spent much of this offseason discussing the potential for the Pittsburgh Steelers to return to the post-season and to make a deep run towards a seventh championship. And there are many reasons to be optimistic, especially with an influx of young talent in the 2013 draft class in Jarvis Jones, Le’Veon Bell, and Markus Wheaton; a franchise quarterback that is in the prime of his career; and an offensive line that appears to have the elements needed to make up a highly effective unit. With that said, offseason potentials are not always actualized, and the vision for the season, more often than not, diverts from a neat and tidy path to success.

Every team has certain worst-case scenarios they are looking to avoid in the upcoming season, and for the Steelers, there are definite situations that avoiding will be critical to their success. If the Steelers can steer clear of the following misfortunes, 2013 will assuredly be an improvement on the mediocre 8-8 of a season ago.........

Read more @
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/06/four-worst-case-scenarios-steelers-hope-to-avoid-in-2013/

GBMelBlount
06-23-2013, 02:14 PM
Other than Bell at #2 I think he hrit the nail on the head.

Steeltreal
06-23-2013, 03:22 PM
What about Bane taking over the city and blowing up the stadium?

Psycho Ward 86
06-23-2013, 04:27 PM
#3 is by FAR, the most terrifying and most likely. It'll be like 2007 all over again.

And 2008

And 2009

And 2010

And 2011

And 2012

steeldawg
06-23-2013, 04:31 PM
What about Bane taking over the city and blowing up the stadium?

that's about as likely as ward returning a kick for a td.

- - - Updated - - -

Im actually worried about big ben, this new offense may keep him upright but it may hurt what he does best.

Tommy8Gun
06-23-2013, 07:36 PM
I agree with the article's picks. The RB situation is key, IMO. If we cannot find a running game in 2013, it's going to be another LONG season. There is no way the Steelers can be successful without a balanced offensive attack. Being one-dimensional in the NFL is a set up for failure. Look at the Saints last year. They were a prime example! When a team could disrupt Brees, they became vulnerable (not to mention their defense stunk!). So I really hope one of these RBs - Bell, Dywer, Redman, Stephens-Howling - hits their stride in camp/pre-season. We need it!

GBMelBlount
06-23-2013, 07:46 PM
I think our running game stumbled as much due to injuries and inconsistent line play last year as anything else.

I am excited to see what Bell can do but I am not sure it matters who is back there until our line gets some consistency.

Mojouw
06-23-2013, 07:49 PM
Bell terrifies me. Him and Montee Ball are getting tons of hype going into the preseason as potential Week 1 starters. When was the last time a back from the Big 10 came into the pros and did a blessed thing? Marion Barber? If these guys can't gain yards against SEC and Pac 12 defenses, why in the world should I have any faith they are going to "fix" and NFL rushing attack?

cold-hard-steel
06-24-2013, 08:31 AM
Other than Bell at #2 I think he hrit the nail on the head.

What does hrit mean ? I looked all over and could not find out the meaning . I googled it and binged it but found nothing . Please explain . {LOL}

GBMelBlount
06-24-2013, 09:23 AM
What does hrit mean ? {LOL}

Corny humor.

Hritz is the name of the journalist that wrote the article.

It's the offseason....lol

Tommy8Gun
06-24-2013, 11:11 AM
I think our running game stumbled as much due to injuries and inconsistent line play last year as anything else.

I am excited to see what Bell can do but I am not sure it matters who is back there until our line gets some consistency.

I also agree injuries to the line contributed to the poor rushing attack. It's a given no RB can run well without a healthy offensive line. The lone exception is Adrian Peterson, and none of our RBs can touch his caliber/quality.

cold-hard-steel
06-24-2013, 11:54 AM
Corny humor.

Hritz is the name of the journalist that wrote the article.

It's the offseason....lol

So shouldn't it be .....this guy really Hritz the nail on the head ?

HollywoodSteel
06-24-2013, 05:17 PM
I think putting an injury to your franchise QB on the list is kind of pointlessly obvious. What NFL team is going to succeed with a season-ending injury to their starting QB (unless they have a Tom Brady-like situation on the bench that we don't know about)? I think the article is spot on about our CB situation, but my biggest fear (aside from injuries) concerns our situation at ROLB and LT. We could get lucky and see either Worilds or Jones fill Harrison's shoes and give us the pressure we need, but that is a big maybe. And I'm really worried about the loss of Starks. Not only have I not seen Gilbert prove that he is an NFL caliber LT, but we have no depth at tackle now. An injury at either tackle spot for any stretch of time could absolutely destroy our season.

cold-hard-steel
06-25-2013, 10:35 AM
I think our corner spot is well taken care of . If you are not a believer , then watch the season unfold . Just my thought , and thats all . I'm stupid , old , dumb , whatever other insults you can come up with . Tag them on me . The home town girl lives with in . She is the force that i have been forced to live with out .
Just remembering you honey thats all .

Tommy8Gun
06-26-2013, 04:08 PM
I think putting an injury to your franchise QB on the list is kind of pointlessly obvious. What NFL team is going to succeed with a season-ending injury to their starting QB (unless they have a Tom Brady-like situation on the bench that we don't know about)? I think the article is spot on about our CB situation, but my biggest fear (aside from injuries) concerns our situation at ROLB and LT. We could get lucky and see either Worilds or Jones fill Harrison's shoes and give us the pressure we need, but that is a big maybe. And I'm really worried about the loss of Starks. Not only have I not seen Gilbert prove that he is an NFL caliber LT, but we have no depth at tackle now. An injury at either tackle spot for any stretch of time could absolutely destroy our season.

The bad news about the o-line is we've had a history of having linemen get injured during the year.... I hope and cross my fingers this will be the ONE season where injuries at these positions do not cost us or hurt us.

Count Steeler
06-26-2013, 04:50 PM
I'm hoping the change in O Line coaches may help. Different blocking techniques and different schemes may help.

KeiselPower99
06-26-2013, 05:25 PM
If the o line is healthy and as good as promised I know Ben will be fine. Our offense has too many question marks for me to have faith in them right now.