PDA

View Full Version : Ike Taylor Has Top Of The #Steelers Cornerback Depth Chart Training With Tom Shaw

stillers4me
06-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor has long been a supporter of renowned trainer Tom Shaw and has now convinced nearly all of his fellow cornerback teammates to train this offseason with him down in Orlando at the Wide World of Sports facility.

Not only has fellow cornerback William Gay and third-year cornerback Cortez Allen made training with Taylor part of their offseason regime, but Taylor said Tuesday on Trib Live Radio that young cornerbacks Curtis Brown and DeMarcus Van Dyke are also scheduled to begin training under the watchful eye of Shaw over the course of the next two weeks. If you are scoring at home, that's five of the nine cornerbacks that are on the Steelers 90 man roster and the entire top of the depth chart.............

read more @
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/06/ike-taylor-william-gay-cortez-allen-tom-shaw-training/

I have always admired Ike's work ethic. What a supurb role model for the young guys! Jarvis Jones is working with Shaw right now! :applaudit:

Nadroj 20
06-21-2013, 12:29 PM
Great leadership Ike! Get those young guys ready!

Seven
06-21-2013, 12:30 PM
Ike is always in shape. I know he trains as hard as anyone on the team during the offseasons. Shaw puts him through hell. Glad to hear the other corners are going to train with him, they should all be in the best shape of their lives in a few weeks.

Psycho Ward 86
06-21-2013, 12:33 PM
omg, thats a lot of key players going down to train with shaw. I like the sound of that!

GBMelBlount
06-21-2013, 02:09 PM
Love it.

THIS is the type of physical hazing that builds great camaradarie too.

steeldawg
06-21-2013, 02:58 PM
as long as ike doesn't try to teach them to catch.

Count Steeler
06-21-2013, 03:11 PM
Good news. Does Tom have any catching exercises?

Craic
06-21-2013, 03:35 PM
I really, REALLY wish we had that kind of leadership on the RB squad.

NCSteeler
06-22-2013, 09:01 AM
I like Ike trying to get these guys working hard. I think Shaw is a big reason Ike has maintained himself so well. He should take Woodley..

And what would an offseason be without the annual Ike Taylor/Tom Shaw story

stillers4me
06-22-2013, 09:16 AM
And what would an offseason be without the annual Ike Taylor/Tom Shaw story

:lol: I don't think anybody works harder than Ike! He's been a long time favorite of mine....even though he's been known to drop "a few".

steeldawg
06-22-2013, 11:09 AM
Good news. Does Tom have any catching exercises?

apparently not.