PDA

View Full Version : Former Panther Stephens-Howling happy to be a Steeler now

stillers4me
06-17-2013, 05:53 AM
It's a daily occurrence during the summer and fall at the UPMC South Side training facility the Steelers and Pitt Panthers share. The professional players conduct their practice on one field, and the collegiate players come out to get a sneak peek before their practice begins on the adjacent fields.

Some sit on benches, taking their time to lace up their cleats, or leisurely tape their wrists. Others keep moving and slowly walk to their workout, their necks craned to catch a glimpse of the action.

LaRod Stephens-Howling was no different when he donned a Pitt uniform from 2005-08. He was a freshman when the Steelers won Super Bowl XL and a senior when they won Super Bowl XLIII, and he was never shy about stopping and staring at the pros..........

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/former-panther-stephens-howling-happy-to-be-a-steeler-now-691879/#ixzz2WTBOjsJY

Seven
06-17-2013, 08:08 AM
LaRod is going to be an awesome addition to this team. I don't remember the last time we had a back with his receiving capabilities.

cold-hard-steel
06-17-2013, 09:17 AM
If he can contribute in the progressin of our running game , i'm happy to have him too !!!!!!! Would be a nice story to relate .

Chidi29
06-17-2013, 09:43 AM
His brother also attends Slippery Rock, about an hour away, so I'm definitely sure he's happy to be home.

Nadroj 20
06-17-2013, 09:44 AM
I hope he can contribute! I'm glad to see he wants to be here.

tube517
06-17-2013, 09:58 AM
I think he will be someone that will surprise other teams

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

GBMelBlount
06-17-2013, 10:52 AM
Looks like he was productive both in yardage and scoring for his limited playing time.

Sounds like a great addition.

HollywoodSteel
06-17-2013, 11:33 AM
Since he can return kicks it looks like it might be a little harder for that really fast kid to make the team now. Also, how many RBs do you guys think we'll carry? I've been getting the feeling that the writing has been on the wall for Dwyer since the draft, but this might really mean goodbye... unless we get some kind of great trade offer for Redman, which I don't really see happening.

cold-hard-steel
06-17-2013, 11:37 AM
I wouldn't even care as long as we can kick our run game up a couple notches . I never blamed it all on the o-line for that problem .

Moose
06-17-2013, 11:57 AM
A good kick returner is definitely a good addition !!

steeldawg
06-17-2013, 01:38 PM
I think you are going to see some big plays from howling this year, he is a very underrated homerun hitter.