PDA

View Full Version : Injuries scarce as Steelers minicamp ends early

stillers4me
06-15-2013, 07:59 AM
Coach Mike Tomlin canceled the final day of minicamp, perhaps not wanting to test his spring's near-perfect record -- just two lost starters to surgeries.

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had knee surgery last week but declared himself nearly ready for action and certainly ready when the Steelers open training camp. Offensive tackle Mike Adams returned to the team to watch practice Wednesday after he was stabbed in the stomach June 1 on Carson Street. He, too, supposedly will be ready to go when training camp opens July 26.

The Steelers lost 78 starts to injuries in 2012, and those might have helped drag down their record to 8-8. Steelers president Art Rooney II declared afterward that they needed to investigate why they had so many injuries and what they can do to prevent them.........................

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/injuries-scarce-as-minicamp-comes-to-early-conclusion-691636/#ixzz2WI01Sv4f

steeldawg
06-15-2013, 08:31 AM
don't jinx it!

fansince'76
06-15-2013, 08:40 AM
don't jinx it!

Exactly. I fully expect to read something in a month or so about Jarvis Jones tearing an ACL after falling out of a top bunk at Latrobe now.

GBMelBlount
06-15-2013, 08:58 AM
"I think the team can't put the blame on themselves for that," said Clark, 33, the Steelers' starting free safety since 2006. "They want to because this is an organization that accepts responsibility, an organization that is accountable.

"But it's on each individual guy. Although we are a team, we're independent contractors, and, if we don't go out and train ourselves and get ourselves in the best condition to play football, you're going to have injuries. I don't think the team can change that."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/injuries-scarce-as-minicamp-comes-to-early-conclusion-691636/#ixzz2WIEHb39u

This is a good point.

Many people have brought up our strength and conditioning coach/programs(s) but I also believe many of our players are not taking enough personal responsibility to make sure they are in top shape coming into the season.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. I fully expect to read something in a month or so about Jarvis Jones tearing an ACL after falling out of a top bunk at Latrobe now.

Or Gilbert falling out of a top bunk and landing on him.

tube517
06-15-2013, 10:16 AM

This

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Psycho Ward 86
06-15-2013, 02:34 PM

*Falling through

GBMelBlount
06-15-2013, 02:55 PM
*Falling through

:sofunny:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvPJ8Pyaz9cb1KZHCNQ8G-wd6MHOnxTcIcUmRCCXeBiyKQbbCZEA

steelreserve
06-15-2013, 04:33 PM

If Charlie Batch was still on the team I'd expect this from him, but as far as I know we've moved on from that.