PDA

View Full Version : Steelers notebook: LeBeau still going strong

stillers4me
06-13-2013, 05:59 PM
Steelers (http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/) defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau will be 76 on Sept. 9, one day after the Steelers' opener. He was the NFL's oldest assistant coach last season, and he will be again this season.

Does LeBeau ever think about when he might leave the game he has been part of since 1959, when he was drafted by the Browns but landed with the Lions?

“I don't think because of the situation that I am in that it would be very productive for me to think about it,” LeBeau said Wednesday. “I just go one day at a time really, one year at a time. I feel blessed that I'm still in the game and surrounded with young people that are working hard. I don't worry too much about the future.”

Then, he added, “Some of us don't have as much future as others.” .........

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/4186533-74/lebeau-steelers-gradkowski#ixzz2W8k2QAB8

Moose
06-14-2013, 12:58 PM
A great man and great coach. A real pioneer of defensive play calling. I hope he's around for many, many year's to come. Although there are many time's I feel his defense plays are outdated and that many teams have figured him out I would still hate to see him standing on another teams sideline.

cold-hard-steel
06-15-2013, 01:44 PM
Dick is a "hof" guy . I just hope that whoever his assistant is gathered some of what he spelled out . Has the game changed since his days playing ? Hell yeah ! But the concept of his knowledge has absulutely , no way around it ,must carry on . Has the game changed in 76 years ? You bet ya ! But the " skillset " has got to be preservred . Who will carry on after he calls it a carreer ?

- - - Updated - - -

Dick is a "hof" guy . I just hope that whoever his assistant is gathered some of what he spelled out . Has the game changed since his days playing ? Hell yeah ! But the concept of his knowledge has absulutely , no way around it ,must carry on . Has the game changed in 76 years ? You bet ya ! But the " skillset " has got to be preserved . Who will carry on after he calls it a carreer ?

cold-hard-steel
06-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Sorry bout the edit part . one word reserved cut me down . But i do admit it . Billy can make a mistake ?