PDA

View Full Version : Warren Sapp: Steelers defense still 'old and slow'

polamalubeast
06-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Find out why Warren Sapp still believes the Pittsburgh Steelers defense isn't what it used to be, and is in need of an overhaul.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers/0ap2000000211759/Sapp-Steelers-defense-still-old-and-slow

polamalubeast
06-12-2013, 07:32 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000211766/article/warren-sapp-pittsburgh-steelers-d-still-old-and-slow

silver & black
06-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Kinda like him when he played for the Raiders. F**k Warren Sapp.

fansince'76
06-12-2013, 08:28 PM
Warren Sapp: Still Fat and Stupid

Dwinsgames
06-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Old and Slow had the number 1 def in the NFL 2 years running SINCE his old and slow comments first came to light ...

all I can say is THANK YOU ( you stupid) Sapp for blessing us with more bulletin board material to motivate us to set the standard for the rest of the league for a couple more years ......

Mr Sapp is so dam smart ( not ) that he literally made MILLIONS of dollars playing in the NFL , since retirement he has also got a very nice paying job at NFL network yet he still was unable to pay his bills and filed bankruptcy ...smart man Mr.Sapp can't even manage his money when he had millions to toss around .....

many people are forced into bankruptcy in todays economy but not ones who are making the kind of coin Mr Sapp makes ..... proving what a total and complete dumbass he is

Shoes
06-12-2013, 08:52 PM
Warren Sapp.......Like old, tasteless chewing gum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vxb__sXxQI

st33lersguy
06-12-2013, 09:08 PM
This is about as newsworthy as the headline "MSNBS attacks conservatives"

Count Steeler
06-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Who?

steelerdude15
06-12-2013, 09:14 PM
I guess he'll never stop. He's nothing, but a hater.

Bluecoat96
06-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Oh boy...real shocker.

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/3589845406/216ca7202d3e8c91c5609ce29425b8b3_normal.jpegSteele rs Depot ‏@Steelersdepot (https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot)1h (https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot/status/344978208678084608)
For those that are curious @WarrenSapp (https://twitter.com/WarrenSapp) has DMed in the past to let me know he is Cowboys fan at heart & that he HATES the #steelers (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23steelers&src=hash)

steelreserve
06-13-2013, 12:07 AM
well, it takes one to know one.

NJarhead
06-13-2013, 06:39 AM
Warren, we beat your ass BOTH times you tried to dance through our stretches. It's history so get over it ya "paper champion," bubble butt mother fucker.

Pristas
06-13-2013, 07:56 AM
Man, you guys take this stuff way too personal, especially with the name calling. I think part of it, is that he is hoping for a turnaround. He's wanting to be proven wrong, because he respects the defense of Pittsburgh, especially the legacy of defense we've had for so long. He's partially correct... there is nothing about our "on paper" defense that is Number 1, and none of you can dispute that. Warren Sapp's career was a highlight reel of putting pressure on opposing QBs, something we did consistently for years. Sapp has probably been a fan of our defense for years. Now for the past couple seasons, we don't have the turnovers, and we don't have the pressure. He's just taking a playful stab at the fact that we are less than effective in what many to believe makes a powerhouse defense. And he's right.

Hopefully young guys like Cortez and Jones get into the lineup and prove Mr. Sapp wrong. I'd love to see him have to eat his words...

43Hitman
06-13-2013, 08:06 AM
Warren just wants attention. This obviously has become his schtick.

NJarhead
06-13-2013, 08:19 AM
Man, you guys take this stuff way too personal, especially with the name calling. I think part of it, is that he is hoping for a turnaround. He's wanting to be proven wrong, because he respects the defense of Pittsburgh, especially the legacy of defense we've had for so long. He's partially correct... there is nothing about our "on paper" defense that is Number 1, and none of you can dispute that. Warren Sapp's career was a highlight reel of putting pressure on opposing QBs, something we did consistently for years. Sapp has probably been a fan of our defense for years. Now for the past couple seasons, we don't have the turnovers, and we don't have the pressure. He's just taking a playful stab at the fact that we are less than effective in what many to believe makes a powerhouse defense. And he's right.

Hopefully young guys like Cortez and Jones get into the lineup and prove Mr. Sapp wrong. I'd love to see him have to eat his words...No. And the last time he called our defense "old and slow (and done)" was after we lost the SB. He seems to forget that we WERE IN THE SUPER BOWL and consistently have a top defense in the league. Have you forgotten that too?

Pristas
06-13-2013, 10:23 AM
No. And the last time he called out defense "old and slow (and done)" was after we lost the SB. He seems to forget that we WERE IN THE SUPER BOWL and consistently have a top defense in the league. Have you forgotten that too?

I haven't forgotten a thing. We are not the same team we were back then. And "top defense in the league"... you must be joking. On paper we are the number one defense, and that's it. I'd take 3-4 other teams defenses before I took ours. We are not the shut down, turnover machine that we once were. Age, and as a result, health, has a lot to do with that.

Sapp is just trying to get on our collective nerves and anyone who rattles the Steelers Hive is bound to get crazy ratings.

Devilsdancefloor
06-13-2013, 12:11 PM
sigh he is a douche bag

GodfatherofSoul
06-13-2013, 12:26 PM
Does anyone remember when we played the Bucs during their Super Bowl run? Sapp got shut down all game, then tried to prank fall into Tommy Maddox's ankle. He literally looked right at it then fell and turned away like it was an accident.

Then, on his website at the time he had a "hit list" of league QBs with an X through the Steelers like he'd done jack shit all game.

Texasteel
06-13-2013, 12:35 PM
We have drafted a OLB that, IMO, may start for us, but at lest will see quite a bit of playing time, and plays much faster than he runs in shorts. We drafted a safety that I think will see time in the back up roll, that is very quick. We drafted a CB that will probably not see much playing time, but when and if he does has speed to spare. Now if our ILB from last year can make a recovery, by the grace of God, we will have a faster ILB position. I think that Sapp simply read his script from last year without actually looking at what may be put on the field. That is after someone read it to him before hand.

NCSteeler
06-13-2013, 07:27 PM
What about our defense is old ? Sorry , that is lazy commentary, this defense is almost brand new.

steel striker
06-14-2013, 03:02 PM
It's a shame that he is HOF bound and, come Sapp you need to come with better material than that.

Mistah Q
06-14-2013, 06:55 PM
Maybe he's secretly a fan and is hoping to motivate the D for another pair of seasons

cold-hard-steel
06-14-2013, 07:59 PM
guess i'll make the point that everybody has their own opinions . That may be his , but maybe he is still upset because he was never a Steeler . I dislike people who go through their lives , looking for flaws in other people , and never consider their own . One thing i do know for sure , thats if you look for flaws , you are always gonna find em . But if you have the inclination to look for something positive , you will probably find something also

GBMelBlount
06-14-2013, 09:37 PM
guess i'll make the point that everybody has their own opinions . That may be his , but maybe he is still upset because he was never a Steeler . I dislike people who go through their lives , looking for flaws in other people , and never consider their own . One thing i do know for sure , thats if you look for flaws , you are always gonna find em . But if you have the inclination to look for something positive , you will probably find something also

Great post.

cold-hard-steel
06-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Great post.

Thankyou my Steel brother . I deal with that type of outlook on a daily basis . Kind of erks me sometimes , but to point out faults on anyone or anything , is overlooking your own . We've "all got em " like it or not . I've been meeting a lot of Pittsburgh fans of late , and 98% make me want to pull up stakes and move there . In reality , i think it is soulful to look at the good things in general . Believe it or not i am known for patience and tact . "Hometown" might argue that , and some others also . Tact is the biggest word ever written . I believe in pointing out the good , then you can talk about the bad . We all have lessons to learn . But , again who am i ? The" individual" opinion concept still reins for myself .

steel striker
06-21-2013, 10:32 AM
Sapp can't get over what Lee Flowers told him before the Steelers beat the Bucs that they were nothing more than paper champions. I have really never seen former player root for a team that they have never played for. The NFL network should get rid of this loud mouth and, he is a disgrace as far as I'm concerned.