PDA

View Full Version : Dick LeBeau, Pleased With Rookies

polamalubeast
06-12-2013, 02:37 PM
With just a day and a half of mini-camp left and a 6 week break approaching before training camp, Defensive Coordinator, Dick LeBeau says the defense is working hard to remain in good shape.

“I’m pleased with the overall conditioning of our squad right now, defensively that’s all I see,” LeBeau said. “We’ve got a ways to go I’m not saying we are ready to open a season but they’ve been doing something, all of them.”

The Steelers have maintained the number 1 total defense in the league for the past 2 seasons and although they lost key players like James Harrison, Keenan Lewis and Casey Hampton, LeBeau expects a lot from young guys like first-round draft pick Jarvis Jones. LeBeau says it’s too early for anyone to really distinguish themselves but he is impressed with what he’s seen from Jones so far and credited him for his work ethic and character.

“He didn’t come in here expecting anything to be handed to him, he wants to earn his spot on our roster,” LeBeau said. “Plus he’s shown us a lot of instinctive football ability and if the coach doesn’t mess him up I think he’s got a chance at becoming a pretty good player.”

LeBeau added that the defensive staff really likes the new safety from Syracuse, Shamarko Thomas.

read more

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/06/12/dick-lebeau-pleased-with-rookies/

steelerdude15
06-12-2013, 02:47 PM
It sounds like they're working really hard to make sure they create more turnovers. It would be great if the exercises they're learning in their camps work in games. Anyways, its good to hear about our rookies and how our coaching staff is pleased with them. It sounds like we've got some hard working and intelligent football players in this years draft and I hope that they can work out for us.

tube517
06-12-2013, 05:46 PM
In other words, Jarvis needs to get Woodley some Big Macs.

Sharmako go get Troy's Head and Shoulders cases and bring them to his house, rookie! :chuckle: