PDA

View Full Version : Steelers may involve fullback Johnson in passing game more

polamalubeast
06-10-2013, 06:54 PM
Neither offensive coordinator Todd Haley nor running backs coach Kirby Wilson specifically told Will Johnson he will be used more in the passing game this year. But three weeks of organized team activities may have revealed their intentions for the Steelers fullback.

With Heath Miller recovering from knee surgery that likely will keep him out at least the first part of the season, and with no viable replacement at the position to put a dent in his team-high 71 receptions, the Steelers could turn more to their bruising-but-soft-handed fullback.

“We are doing a lot more; that's been evident (during OTAs),” Johnson said. “In the red zone, they put some angle routes in there for me. We are doing a lot of things. If they are impressed, they will show me by adding plays where I can get out in some routes, particularly in space. That's how I will know if they are interested in using my hands.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/4170397-74/johnson-steelers-game#ixzz2VrQVGoL7
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

KeiselPower99
06-10-2013, 07:31 PM
Well he did play TE in college.

Psycho Ward 86
06-10-2013, 07:39 PM
finally an article about a guy no one talks about

cold-hard-steel
06-10-2013, 08:35 PM
finally an article about a guy no one talks about

More than that , maybe a way to get our running game up and running . It may be a passing league , but if you can't run the ball when it counts , you're gonna lose some games you should win .