PDA

View Full Version : HOW 2013 PITTSBURGH STEELERS ROSTER WAS ASSEMBLED

polamalubeast
06-08-2013, 10:55 AM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en&hl=en&key=0Arf7vexBQ6EOdDJpSWZ5cUxDeXZtUmNtNm5iQTNkWEE&single=true&gid=3&output=html

Count Steeler
06-08-2013, 02:40 PM
NO players from 2008. Wow, what a bad year. NO draft, NO UDFA, nada, zilch, zero.

steeldawg
06-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Dart board?

Mojouw
06-08-2013, 05:05 PM
In the Steelers and many other teams defense, 2008 is just a terrible draft in hindsight. I count a lot of guys out of the league, busts, or seriously under-performing versus draft position/expectations int eh first couple of rounds.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2008/draft.htm

Craic
06-08-2013, 06:23 PM
In the Steelers and many other teams defense, 2008 is just a terrible draft in hindsight. I count a lot of guys out of the league, busts, or seriously under-performing versus draft position/expectations int eh first couple of rounds.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2008/draft.htm

As far as RB's go, only Matt Forte, Chris Johnson, and Ray Rice performed better than Mendy (and were available at the Steelers' pick). That includes basically two seasons that Mendy rode the bench, his first, and his last. Felix Jones, drafted one spot ahead of him, had pretty much the exact same career so far (value wise). Darren McFadden and Jonathon stewart, both drafted quite a bit higher, had a little better careers up to this point.

So in hindsight, while I would have loved to see a better set of picks, in reality, it was about average for that draft class.

Psycho Ward 86
06-08-2013, 09:47 PM
As far as RB's go, only Matt Forte, Chris Johnson, and Ray Rice performed better than Mendy (and were available at the Steelers' pick). That includes basically two seasons that Mendy rode the bench, his first, and his last. Felix Jones, drafted one spot ahead of him, had pretty much the exact same career so far (value wise). Darren McFadden and Jonathon stewart, both drafted quite a bit higher, had a little better careers up to this point.

So in hindsight, while I would have loved to see a better set of picks, in reality, it was about average for that draft class.

jamaal charles

Dwinsgames
06-09-2013, 06:55 AM
Peyton Hillis taken approximately 200 selections AFTER Mendenhall has had a very similar career

Mistah Q
06-09-2013, 08:04 AM
Peyton Hillis taken approximately 200 selections AFTER Mendenhall has had a very similar career
Difference: We gave Mendy every opportunity; Hillis was royally screwed over by the Browns and squandered at KC. I don't understand how Hillis isn't in a camp somewhere.

Dwinsgames
06-09-2013, 09:08 AM
Difference: We gave Mendy every opportunity; Hillis was royally screwed over by the Browns and squandered at KC. I don't understand how Hillis isn't in a camp somewhere.

true ... very true

Chidi29
06-09-2013, 06:56 PM

Hillis was always overrated. Once decent year in Cleveland followed by a paltry season there including the bizarre strep throat ordeal. Averaged 3.6 his last year with the Browns and 3.6 last season with KC. No thanks

Dwinsgames
06-09-2013, 07:12 PM
Hillis was always overrated. Once decent year in Cleveland followed by a paltry season there including the bizarre strep throat ordeal. Averaged 3.6 his last year with the Browns and 3.6 last season with KC. No thanks

4.1 career same as mendy without paying a first round pick to get him ( initially )

Chidi29
06-09-2013, 07:15 PM
4.1 career same as mendy without paying a first round pick to get him ( initially )

Both times his average was over that mark after getting substantial carries came in 2008 and 2010. Might as well be an eternity in NFL years.

Dwinsgames
06-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Both times his average was over that mark after getting substantial carries came in 2008 and 2010. Might as well be an eternity in NFL years.

one could argue Mendy the same way to a degree . considering last years poor production . injuries , and being a malcontent and getting suspended from the team ....

3.6 YPC in 2012

and only broke 4.1 per carry in 2 seasons of his 5 in the league

just sayin

Pristas
06-10-2013, 07:43 AM
Did we retire any players from 06 or was that pretty much a bust draft year as well?

Here's to hoping 2013 is a great draft for us! We need all of these guys to contribute.

Psycho Ward 86
06-10-2013, 10:53 AM
Did we retire any players from 06 or was that pretty much a bust draft year as well?

Here's to hoping 2013 is a great draft for us! We need all of these guys to contribute.

Holmes, Colon, and Anthony Smith are the only players that did anything. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/draft.htm