PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Baron Batch's art featured at festival in Texas

stillers4me
06-08-2013, 08:26 AM
The running back has painted for teammates, and even coach Mike Tomlin

The Three Rivers Arts Festival opened Friday without any works from Baron Batch on display, which in light of his fast-rising reputation in the West Texas art world might be a shame.

Only, Mr. Batch himself does not yet want to put on a display in Pittsburgh -- other than displaying his running skills for the Steelers.

"Here it's kind of tricky because of how big the Steelers name is," Mr. Batch said. "I don't ever want it to turn into people coming to see a Steeler; I want them to come to see the art."

They have been doing just that in other places, such as April's 35th Lubbock Arts Festival, where Mr. Batch was the featured artist in a field of about 100, and not because he starred for the college football team there, Texas Tech. His acrylic on wood painting, "Papa Time," was selected for the commemorative poster for the festival...........

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steeler-rb-baron-batch-art-recently-featured-at-festival-in-texas-690835/#ixzz2VdAqcvZx

- - - Updated - - -

In about 15 months, Mr. Batch has produced "probably about 50" originals. He painted one for teammate Brett Keisel that incorporated the defensive end's famous beard and his celebration dance. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin admired it and Mr. Batch went to work on a large painting for him. He delivered it to Mr. Tomlin recently. It's a painting called "The Standard," which has a group of Steelers gathered around introductions at Heinz Field, each with the name "Standard" on his back.
"That's one of my favorite things he says, 'The standard is the standard,' " Mr. Batch said of Mr. Tomlin. "That's what it means, whoever is out there we expect you to get the job done"

:tomlinism:

Psycho Ward 86
06-08-2013, 08:56 AM
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin admired it and Mr. Batch went to work on a large painting for him. He delivered it to Mr. Tomlin recently. It's a painting called "The Standard,"

Lol that is hilarious