PDA

View Full Version : Veterans showing leadership at OTAs

steelerdude15
06-06-2013, 10:38 PM
Veterans showing leadership at OTAs

Brett Keisel might be the oldest player on the Steelers defense at 34, but you would never know it. His enthusiasm and boundless energy reflects that of some of the young defensive linemen he mentors daily at the team’s OTAs.

Keisel doesn’t have to be there for the voluntary OTAs, but he hasn’t missed a beat, taking part in all eight of the sessions to date, with no plans to change that when they wrap up on Thursday, giving way to minicamp next week.

“This is my team, I feel like,” said Keisel. “I think it’s important for me to be here. We have a lot of young defensive linemen. I want to show them that even an old guy can come out here and work, even an old guy can go in the weight room and work out after practice. If I can do it, they can do it.”

Read More:http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Veterans-showing-leadership-at-OTAs/53ae7fa2-5685-44b9-b673-ef087560e8c4

This is a good article. I'm glad to see these three are trying to be leaders and teach the younger guys the defense.

Steeltreal
06-06-2013, 11:14 PM
Great examples of a couple of 4ths and a 7th rd pick proving their worth in the twilight of their careers

NCSteeler
06-07-2013, 11:41 AM
What veterans are supposed to do. Maybe this years team will actually show up to games with that attitude.