PDA

View Full Version : Larry Foote thinks it will be “difficult” for Jarvis Jones to win a starting role

polamalubeast
06-05-2013, 12:51 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/05/larry-foote-thinks-it-will-be-difficult-for-jarvis-jones-to-win-a-starting-role/

Chidi29
06-05-2013, 07:14 PM
Big thing Jones has going for him however is that he was a 34 linebacker at Georgia. He isn't a conversion guy and played with his hand up. Obviously still a learning curve but he should heave a decent understanding of things like positioning.

steelreserve
06-05-2013, 10:01 PM
Well, as soon as Woodley pulls his hamstring and misses half the season, which he does about every 3 seconds, Jones is going to be starting regardless, so I hope he brings his "A" game.

tube517
06-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Not really news. Very very rare for rookies to start in LeBeau's defense. However, he'll probably get some playing time to make splash plays, if you will.

:tomlinism:

Shoes
06-06-2013, 09:22 PM
Difficult maybe...but not impossible. Go get em Jarvis!

steelerdude15
06-06-2013, 09:52 PM
I think we'll see Worilds starting against Tennessee. He has been in the system for a few years and knows the playbook which I think will give him the advantage, but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Jones starting at one point this season. I think that would be later in the season though and hopefully not because Worilds gets injured, but because Jones would be a better option for the starting role.

GBMelBlount
06-06-2013, 10:14 PM
Well, as soon as Woodley pulls his hamstring and misses half the season, which he does about every 3 seconds, Jones is going to be starting regardless, so I hope he brings his "A" game.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.